Books! What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Finished 29 seconds last night and was glad to be done with it. Don't understand all the hype around the book personally, I thought it was poor. Lots of unnecessary details about how the children were behaving which was just padding to a ridiculous and unbelievable storyline. Could have been so much better.
I am on 30% and I don't really care about the story line. I love all his other books but I find 29 seconds to be meh. Not too sure if I should give up

Reactions: 2
His Wife's Sister by A J Wills is on Prime and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Another one was The Likely Resolutions of Oliver Clock, totally out of my usual reads and I'm glad I took a chance on reading it.
Currently reading His Wife’s Sister. I’m about 40% of the way through and sometimes I think the storyline is very obvious and other times I have no clue what to think!

His Wife's Sister by A J Wills is on Prime and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Another one was The Likely Resolutions of Oliver Clock, totally out of my usual reads and I'm glad I took a chance on reading it.
I finished His Wife’s Sister yesterday. Really enjoyed it right up to the ending which weakened/cheapened the story for me.

Shall have a spy at The Likely Resolutions now...

I read a book in 2 hours yesterday. It’s the Jaycee Lee Dugard story “A Stolen Life”. It’s been out a few years now, but I’d never heard about her until I watched a Kendall Rae video that came up on my recommendations. This amazing brave woman was kidnapped at the age of 11 by a sex offender called Phillip Garrido and his wife, and spent the next 18 years being their prisoner. She got pregnant at the age of 13, and gave birth to her first child at 14 years old, another baby followed 2 years later. Has anyone else read this book? Or knows about Jaycee Dugard’s story? I know it was a huge story in the states, but as I said, I’d never heard about her until recently.
I’ve read this! It’s brilliant. I think there was a documentary on this case on Netflix but not sure if it’s still there.

Thank you to those for telling me to stick with Where the Crawdads Sing, I’m now 60% through it and really can’t put it down!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I finished Firefly Lane last night. I cried constantly for about the last 30 minutes of reading. I wasn't prepared for that 😫

• Heart
I just looked at Where the Crawdads Sing on Amazon and the reviews are so mixed. I don't think I've seen so many 5 star and 1 star reviews.

I am on 30% and I don't really care about the story line. I love all his other books but I find 29 seconds to be meh. Not too sure if I should give up
I finished it and felt the ending was contrived. I enjoyed about three quarters of the book, glad I didn’t buy it. Now reading My Dark Vanessa.

I’m currently reading Three Hours by Rosamund Lupton. Not loving it so far but it has such good reviews so hoping it picks up. Anyone read it?
Loved this! So did my husband.

Reactions: 1
I'm a bit late to the party but I brought and finished The midnight library by Matt Haig. Another book I enjoyed. I think I'm going to try to find a free prime reading book for my next read.

Finally got around to finishing The Man Behind Closed Doors last night and it was a reluctant 3 star rating from me. Good storyline but once again ruined by both repetition and the ending.

I'm a bit late to the party but I brought and finished The midnight library by Matt Haig. Another book I enjoyed. I think I'm going to try to find a free prime reading book for my next read.
I haven’t paid for a book this year and I’ve read 7 books so far. All through Prime Reading or Prime First Looks. I’ve really enjoyed all but one them (Infinite by Brian Freeman). Definitely worth delving into the free books available - there’s some great ones there.

I haven’t paid for a book this year and I’ve read 7 books so far. All through Prime Reading or Prime First Looks. I’ve really enjoyed all but one them (Infinite by Brian Freeman). Definitely worth delving into the free books available - there’s some great ones there.
Prime reading does seem to have some good books. I found my last handful on there. I've also enjoyed the short stories available too.

I downloaded infinite as my prime choice this month. Is it not good?

Next on my list is The Quantum Curators and the Fabergé Egg by Eva St. John.

"Robinson Crusoe" by Daniel Defoe.

Haven't read it since I was about 11. Still a good read

I downloaded infinite as my prime choice this month. Is it not good?
It’s ok but it gets to be really repetitive and drawn out. The premise is definitely interesting but it could have been done so much better. I just didn’t care about it the more it went on. I normally read a book in 2-3 days but Infinite took me over two weeks, I just had no desire to open up the Kindle app knowing that’s what was waiting for me.

Finished the Tattle book club read last night. I’ll save my comments for that thread though, but I’d recommend.

Had my work book club today, so waiting to hear what that book choice is.

Not sure what to read in the mean time...

Thank you SO much to everyone that vouched for Three Hours. I absolutely LOVED it and urge anyone struggling with it to keep going because the last third is amazing, full of suspense and so moving.

Next up I’m going to read The Push!

Reactions: 5
Thank you SO much to everyone that vouched for Three Hours. I absolutely LOVED it and urge anyone struggling with it to keep going because the last third is amazing, full of suspense and so moving.

The Push is on my list - excited to know what you think.

The push was brilliant! My heart was in my mouth half the time I was reading it, it would make a good one for a book club.

Reactions: 4
The push was brilliant! My heart was in my mouth half the time I was reading it, it would make a good one for a book club.
I suggested it but it wasn’t voted for 😞 read it myself after, excellent book!!!

The Push is on my list - excited to know what you think.
do it!!!!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.