Books! What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think if I read a lot of that genre I would have been disappointed. But I fell out of love with rom com a while ago and it was the first I had read in about 3 years!

It is a bit predictable like all in that genre are, but i think the way it is written and the character development was very clever.

I'm currently listening to author's next book the switch on audiobook and it is pretty good too
I just finished it, rom com is really not my cup of tea but lots of people had banged on about it. It was okay, not sure I'd ever re read as like you say, it was predictable. But the characters were likeable enough.

Reactions: 1
I just finished The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires, I really enjoyed it, I think if you like Stranger Things, Stephen King etc. you will enjoy it

Struggling with little fires everywhere at the minute. Just finding it dull and repetitive at the minute. But I’m persevering as I want to watch the series, but would like to have read the book first!

Lionel Shriver the mandible .it's a bit strange with all that's happening in the world at the moment but really enjoyed it
We need to talk about Kevin felt bit disturbing felt bit discombulated after reading it

Reactions: 2
Where the Crawdads Sing is one of the best books I have read I think.

I read the 24 Hour Cafe by Libby Page which is great if you are a people watcher and want to peek into other people's lives. Also Washington Black which is about life after escaping slavery so seems quite relevant for the times. Starting The Opposite of Loneliness now by Marina Keegan.
WTCDS took me a looooong time to get into, but once I was in I really enjoyed it.
Also started The Opposite of Loneliness as I'd had it on my Kindle list for AGES and it was on offer - but it makes me so sad. Such beautiful writing and so much potential :(

WTCDS took me a looooong time to get into, but once I was in I really enjoyed it.
Also started The Opposite of Loneliness as I'd had it on my Kindle list for AGES and it was on offer - but it makes me so sad. Such beautiful writing and so much potential :(
Where the Crawdads Sing is a bit of a slow burner I think but I agree that it was really enjoyable, and a book that will stay with you for a long time.

I am sort of regretting reading The Opposite of Loneliness in lockdown where moods are a bit low anyway! But looking forward to it at the same time.

Richard Ford - The Sportswriter. read a long time ago (you do not need to be sports mad) and loved it.

Ive just finished reading Jane Fallon Queen Bee. I enjoyed it the twist was not what I expected.

Reactions: 4
Has anyone read The Cemetery Of Forgotten books series by Carlos Ruiz Zafon? I think the first book is called The Shadow in the Wind

City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert.

I normally read thrillers so this is a really nice change. I am loving it.

City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert.

I normally read thrillers so this is a really nice change. I am loving it.
I enjoyed City of Girls and normally a thriller lover too! Just reading My Dark Vanessa which I am enjoying

Tattoo of Auschwitz
Cilka just finished it was really good
I’m currently reading the boy that followed his father into Auschwitz
The brothers of Auschwitz is another good one

I am currently reading I'm no longer talking to white people about race, its taking me ages as I keep getting upset so need to put it down and compose myself.

Next in my tbr pile is Ducks Newberryport which was recommended to me but it looks like an epic read

Last edited:
Has anyone read The Cemetery Of Forgotten books series by Carlos Ruiz Zafon? I think the first book is called The Shadow in the Wind
I have! Really enjoyed the first two (the first one is the best though), couldn't tell you what happened in the last one though! I'm pretty sure the author passed away earlier this month, or at the ned of last month. He was only in his late 50's!

I have! Really enjoyed the first two (the first one is the best though), couldn't tell you what happened in the last one though! I'm pretty sure the author passed away earlier this month, or at the ned of last month. He was only in his late 50's!
Yeah I saw that, very sad.
I’ve ordered the first book from the library ready to collect when it opens again in a few weeks. Can’t wait for it to open again! I’m always reading and buying books costs me a fortune. Makes you realise how much you save using the library

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.