Books! What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love this thread!! I got sucked into the silent patient hype and hated every page and found it so MEH - glad it was only 99p on kindle! I have read the couple next door and now am on a stranger in the house both VERY GOOD!!

I want to re-read the noughts and crosses books but they are a bit more on kindle than i like to spend so maybe have to wait to be a bit financially better off before i treat myself
I read malorie blackman’s noughts and crosses series from when I was 13 I remember waiting for the day it each new one came out and going to WHSmith to buy them!
I thought they were really good books

Reactions: 1
Wolf hall is one of the hardest books I have ever read, it is one of my favourite periods in history. But the problem I had with this was that i could never work out who was talking, say there were 4 people in a room and the story goes on but I had no idea which dialogue belonged to who, it was so confusing.
The latest one is no different, like you've said, it was really hard to work out who was talking. Almost gave up on it put persevered as wanted to complete the series.

I read malorie blackman’s noughts and crosses series from when I was 13 I remember waiting for the day it each new one came out and going to WHSmith to buy them!
I thought they were really good books
We read the first one in English at school and I had to re-read them but I think i just borrowed from a friend :( I have now got them all on my kindle and all the shopaholic books as well haha

Currently reading Blood Orange. Just read some of the comments above saying the ending is crazy so looking forward to finishing it😂

Reactions: 3
After the Jacqueline Wilson chat a while ago I picked up a box set - £15 for 10 books in The Works, very cheap even considering I’ve read half already. Just started Rent A Bridesmaid and feeling about 8 years old again 😂 Enjoying it in a mindless nostalgia sort of way

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Currently half way through The Flat Share. Everyone was going on about it for a while so maybe my expectations were too high but currently feels kind of standard?

Currently half way through The Flat Share. Everyone was going on about it for a while so maybe my expectations were too high but currently feels kind of standard?
I read this a few weeks ago and gave it 4/5. A pleasant read but not a wow book that I’ll remember forever or anything like that.

I think if I read a lot of that genre I would have been disappointed. But I fell out of love with rom com a while ago and it was the first I had read in about 3 years!

It is a bit predictable like all in that genre are, but i think the way it is written and the character development was very clever.

I'm currently listening to author's next book the switch on audiobook and it is pretty good too

Just read
Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens...beautifully written story.
Educated....an autobiog by Tara Westover......good, but not for the squeamish!
The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell.....good, gripping read, but a little far fetched in places.
Relish...autobiog of Prue Leith....good, pacey read.
Where the Crawdads Sing is one of the best books I have read I think.

I read the 24 Hour Cafe by Libby Page which is great if you are a people watcher and want to peek into other people's lives. Also Washington Black which is about life after escaping slavery so seems quite relevant for the times. Starting The Opposite of Loneliness now by Marina Keegan.

I finished Ollie Ollerton - break point in the early hours.
I’m quite obsessed with SAS and he’s the quiet, unassuming type. His auto was an eye opener and I couldn’t put it down.
prior to that I read Ant Middleton’s first auto but I enjoyed and somewhat related to Ollies.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.