Books! What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Her Dark Vanessa would upset me too much so I am staying away.

I finished The Quantum curators and the Faberge Egg by Eva St John today. It was okay. It was free on prime reading so thought I'd give it a chance. Wouldn't really recommend it but it was alright. There is a sequel which I might read in future but I don't wish to continue the story.

Amazon had paperbacks for £2 with some interesting titles which were cheaper than kindle so they should arrive today. I might try going back to paperback for the weekend to use up some of my TBR pile. I will let you know what I've read and my thoughts.

Reactions: 3
I’ve just read Consent by Lizzie Greenaway. The subject matter is rape and the story is told from the point of view of the victim, the perpetrator, the defence barrister and the prosecutor. I feel at the end it kind of jumps the shark and loses a bit of credibility but it was a very interesting and at times a very difficult read.

I have My Dark Vanessa on my TBR pile and now I'm intrigued, may have to be in the right frame of mind by the sounds of it.

Finished The Sister in Law by Sue Watson last night I'd highly recommend it, gripping storyline.

I’m reading The Push - omg! It’s giving me chills. Especially the first part as I didn’t bond with my first daughter for about a year - I felt a lot of what Blythe was feeling. (Fortunately we did bond, I had a second daughter, bonded fine, both grown up into lovely girls and we are very close phew!)
Off to read some more.....

Reactions: 4
I’m reading The Push - omg! It’s giving me chills. Especially the first part as I didn’t bond with my first daughter for about a year - I felt a lot of what Blythe was feeling. (Fortunately we did bond, I had a second daughter, bonded fine, both grown up into lovely girls and we are very close phew!)
Off to read some more.....
Finished it last night, hard to put down!

• Heart
Has anyone read behind her eyes by Sarah Alderson?
I know it’s a Netflix show now and I haven’t watched but wondering if the book is worth a read?

soneone save me from the last Sarah Morgan Christmas book I have downloaded since December....
because sometimes I just want to eat candy for dinner and not vegetables and protein 😂
also don’t judge 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Just finished His Wife’s Sister but I shall leave my thoughts until the Book Club thread opens.

Reactions: 5
I know it’s a Netflix show now and I haven’t watched but wondering if the book is worth a read?

soneone save me from the last Sarah Morgan Christmas book I have downloaded since December....
because sometimes I just want to eat candy for dinner and not vegetables and protein 😂
also don’t judge 😂
I hated the book, won’t be watching the tv show - this is probably a controversial opinion, but it started off really good but the ending was too far fetched for me. I realised that I prefer more police procedural crime like Clare Mackintosh, but other people seem to love it so maybe it’s just me. 🤷🏽‍♀️😂

Reactions: 2
I hated the book, won’t be watching the tv show - this is probably a controversial opinion, but it started off really good but the ending was too far fetched for me. I realised that I prefer more police procedural crime like Clare Mackintosh, but other people seem to love it so maybe it’s just me. 🤷🏽‍♀️😂
honestly, anything Netflix turn into a series, I usually don’t get the hype around the book, so this is enough for me to stay away from it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2

also don’t judge 😂
Most of the reviews in the book group I'm in are negative so I'm definitely avoiding Behind her eyes.

• Heart
I wish I had a big library in my house and when I shut the door, no one was allowed to disturb me. It would be filled with blankets and I would just lay in there reading allllll day.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m currently reading Where the Crawdads Sing but finding it very very slow. Want to stick with it but I’m struggling, did anyone else find this?
I've tried to read it a few times but gave up. It was so borinf

Another really old book, but Maggie by Lena Kennedy is amazing, as are all of her books, but Maggie is one of those books that you always remember. It definitely should have been made into a film!!

I wish I had a big library in my house and when I shut the door, no one was allowed to disturb me. It would be filled with blankets and I would just lay in there reading allllll day.
That would he the absolute dream!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I just finished "The Chalet", a psychological thriller set in the French mountains.
It liked it more then "The Sanatorium", I felt it had more depth to it and a few more twists.
An easy read.

Reactions: 6
Just finished The Other You by J.S. Monroe. Bit of a slow start but gripping from about 30% on. I’m still not entirely sure what I think of the ending but overall I enjoyed it. I’d give it a 4 out of 5.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.