Books #9 Reading chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pleaseeee can I have audible recommendations! It can’t be anything with a whiny American accent because I tried the love hypothesis and just couldn’t stand it. Listening to Stephen fry Mythos but it’s heavy going and I need something that doesn’t feel like learning 😆
My go to author for Audible is KL Slater as her books are included in the membership. Thriller type books without too heavy a plot line and not usually massively long either.

I started listening to Blink earlier and so far so good.

One of the very few books I wish I could read again for the first time 😊
The people on platform 5 is on my TBRc heard its very good!!
Yes I keep seeing this on bookstagram at the moment!
how to kill your family was a solid “fine” from me - entertaining enough though!
beautiful world, where are you? was insufferable 🤣 it really depends whether you already like sally rooney though.
i already have how to kill your family on my TBR list! it seems to get mixed reviews between fine and amazing x

Reactions: 1
I used Scribd to listen to audiobooks. Does anyone else use this app & have favorite titles?

Last edited:
I really enjoyed it! First book of hers I read and everything I’ve read from her since (except Verity) has underwhelmed me. Her writing can be annoying though so she seems to be a bit hit or miss
Isn’t it funny how some authors writing can be annoying. I hate anything pretentious x

No one yell at me but One Italian Summer by Rebecca Searle who wrote In 5 Years (which i loved!) is 99p on kindle so I broke my ban to buy it cos it’s NINENTY NINE PEE
Bought and started this yesterday. The kind of book I’ve been looking for, I’ll have to find In 5 Years next.

• Heart
Has anyone read any Jenny Han books? I've just started watching The Summer I Turned Pretty and now I want to read all the books 😂
I read the burn for burn series she did with Siobhan Vivian and loved them! I remember getting the third book and racing through it. I did guess the twist early on but still really liked. My mum read them and also loved them.

Reactions: 2
i already have how to kill your family on my TBR list! it seems to get mixed reviews between fine and amazing x
it’s very readable to be fair and was entertaining enough - so i would always say to read it if it’s on your list! i would love for you to come back here if/when you do to discuss it as there were so many things i wanted to talk about!

adding to the coho discussion; i find her writing entertaining but annoying, which makes no sense 🤣 i’ve flown through the few books of hers i’ve read but did spend a lot of time grumbling at the little flaws in her style.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.