Books #9 Reading chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What did you think of Klara and the Sun? I am about 3/4 of the way through and quite enjoying it but I'm finding it very slow. Liking the sun analogies though.
I thought it was a lovely read but no more than lovely. Not sure I’d hurry to recommend it. It felt quite young. If you’d told me it was YA I’d not have been surprised. Maybe I’m missing some deeper meaning behind it all.

Reactions: 3
I’m starting Notes on an Execution too!

I’ve finally finished The Resort. The only explanation can be that it was written by a 15 year old.
I ended up scrolling the Jurassic World - Dominion trivia on IMDB instead of my book last night! I shall star my NoaE tonight and see how I go.

Reactions: 2
I’m a few chapters in on “The Other Black Girl” by Zakiya Dalila Harris. Not sure what I think. Has anyone else read it?

I'm reading Remains of the Day, another Ishiguro book. Can't give any thoughts yet because I'm still at the beginning.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Just finished The Invisible Life of Addie La Rue on Audible.

Despite not being my usual type of book at all, infact lots of massive nos for me 😂 partially historic ❌ some supernatural stuff going on ❌ super long ❌

I really enjoyed it. It was a long one 17h listening time but I felt fully immersed in Addies world the whole time. Its taken me most of the month to listen to it but at no point did I feel it was a chore or force myself to get through it. I also found it easy to dip in and out of despite the length.

Started Top Girl by Danielle Martin. Its a memoir of sorts and available on kindle unlimited.

Now need to decide whats next on Audible.

Reactions: 9
Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi is 99p today - one of the best books I've read!

I'm reading Firekeepers Daughter by Angeline Boulley and I'm hooked! Can't put it down.

Reactions: 5
Pleaseeee can I have audible recommendations! It can’t be anything with a whiny American accent because I tried the love hypothesis and just couldn’t stand it. Listening to Stephen fry Mythos but it’s heavy going and I need something that doesn’t feel like learning 😆

Reactions: 1
Pleaseeee can I have audible recommendations! It can’t be anything with a whiny American accent because I tried the love hypothesis and just couldn’t stand it. Listening to Stephen fry Mythos but it’s heavy going and I need something that doesn’t feel like learning 😆
My favourite Audible Ive listened to is Trevor Noahs autobiography. He narrates it :)

The Other Wife was narrated by an British (english) accented speaker.

Boys Dont Cry was an Irish narrator.

First Born by Will Dean, another British (english) accent.

Shuggie Bain and Young Mungo both narrated by a Scottish accent.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.