Books #9 Reading chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I broke up with my partner of 6 years and really got stuck into a fantasy series (completely not my usual style) and I became OBSESSED and it really helped me because I was so distracted from being sad and just wanted to read all the time!! 😂It’s called a court of thorns and roses and it’s quite spicy!🥵
This and ACOTAR are on my TBR list 🙈

Reactions: 1
If you really want to be distracted then I would start the throne of glass series first. 7 big books to get through and less romancey, if you’re looking to avoid a bit of that.

But acotar series is good too but don’t be put off if you dont like the first book as many people don’t 🤣🤣

I’m reading The Resort by M J Hardy. I can’t bloody wait for it to be over. Every character is like a parody. I wish I’d DNF’ed earlier but I’m too far through it now to give up 😭

I really want to read a court of thorn and roses too! We will all start reading it at the same time 🤣

Reactions: 2
I got half way through The Black Swan before deciding I just could not keep going. And I never ever quit a book. I think it was just too repetitive. The same concept over and over again but with a different slant. And maybe just more intellectual than I want in a book!

I read Intimacies in one sitting. It made one of Barack Obama’s lists and is critically acclaimed but left me feeling a bit meh.

i got two chapters into Little Eyes and (feeling emboldened by my experience with the black swan) I realised I didn’t care about the story and ditched it!

Instead, I read Klara and the Sun which was quite lovely but not as amazing as I’d been led to expect.

I had a busy few days!

Reactions: 4
I got half way through The Black Swan before deciding I just could not keep going. And I never ever quit a book. I think it was just too repetitive. The same concept over and over again but with a different slant. And maybe just more intellectual than I want in a book!

I read Intimacies in one sitting. It made one of Barack Obama’s lists and is critically acclaimed but left me feeling a bit meh.

i got two chapters into Little Eyes and (feeling emboldened by my experience with the black swan) I realised I didn’t care about the story and ditched it!

Instead, I read Klara and the Sun which was quite lovely but not as amazing as I’d been led to expect.

I had a busy few days!
I bloody LOVE little eyes, but noone who I have recommended it to liked it!

• Haha
I finished 'In Five Years' by Rebecca Serle today. Was a nice little read actually. Short too so Id recommend to anyone in a slump.

It was a random number generator option for me the other day. So I will do another one tomorrow for my next read.

Reactions: 9
Has anyone read any Jenny Han books? I've just started watching The Summer I Turned Pretty and now I want to read all the books 😂

• Heart
Has anyone read any Jenny Han books? I've just started watching The Summer I Turned Pretty and now I want to read all the books 😂
Yes!!! Many years ago, I loved them at the time but I was a lot younger then. Im not sure how Id feel about them now 🙊

Reactions: 5
I’m thinking perhaps I’m not in the right mood to continue with We Need to Talk About Kevin as I’m already thinking about what I could do on my phone instead of reading when I go to bed in a few minutes. Think I’ll start Notes on an Execution instead.

Feeling pretty bleh these last few days and overwhelmed with everything.
I’m enjoying the book I’m reading but struggling to read more than a chapter or so at a time, which isn’t like me.
Decided on an audiobook and have gone for The 100 Years of Lenni and Margot. Hoping it will take my mind off things and I’ll feel back to my usual self soon.
Love the recommendations on this thread 😊

Reactions: 10
Yes!!! Many years ago, I loved them at the time but I was a lot younger then. Im not sure how Id feel about them now 🙊
Me too! When I was younger I enjoyed them but I think now (at 24 lol) they'd be too cliche for me. Same with a lot of other YA books

I read almost all of her books. The last time i have read one of her book was around 2017-2018. I was so hyped when « To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before » came out. Her books are very carefree, funny, cute, lovely. Everyone can read them when they want to taste that teenage cluelessness😻 maybe they would be so different now but I haven’t read her books in 4 years.

What did you think of Klara and the Sun? I am about 3/4 of the way through and quite enjoying it but I'm finding it very slow. Liking the sun analogies though.

I’m thinking perhaps I’m not in the right mood to continue with We Need to Talk About Kevin as I’m already thinking about what I could do on my phone instead of reading when I go to bed in a few minutes. Think I’ll start Notes on an Execution instead.
I’m starting Notes on an Execution too!

I’ve finally finished The Resort. The only explanation can be that it was written by a 15 year old.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.