Books #7 reading chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been so absent from this thread 😔 haven’t been in the best place mentally/physically to read much if I’m honest, and I get overwhelmed coming here and feeling like I’ve failed 2022 already 😣 I know how stupid that looks.
Aww, lovely. Don't be so hard on yourself. 2022 won't be judged on the first 23 days of it, and so what if we get to the end of 2022 and we only read 2 books, it isn't life or death. I hope things ease up for you soon. Maybe go back to one of your old favourite books and have a cosy, comfortable re- read.

A Terrible Kindness by Jo Browning Wroe looks like a nice new release.

---

I like the idea of Amazon first reads for the book club, but I know not everyone has Amazon Prime nor lives in the right country to be eligible or even has a Kindle.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Aww, lovely. Don't be so hard on yourself. 2022 won't be judged on the first 23 days of it, and so what if we get to the end of 2022 and we only read 2 books, it isn't life or death. I hope things ease up for you soon. Maybe go back to one of your old favourite books and have a cosy, comfortable re- read.

A Terrible Kindness by Jo Browning Wroe looks like a nice new release.

---

I like the idea of Amazon first reads for the book club, but I know not everyone has Amazon Prime nor lives in the right country to be eligible or even has a Kindle.
I think they go down to a discounted physical price as well as being the pick! But it was just an idea! I’m happy to go with member recommendations

Reactions: 3
Would anyone be interested in bringing the Tattle book club back to life?

My local library only runs a mid week club which I can't attend as I work 9 til 5. Maybe an online one would be better, anyway?.

I imagine it would start with a poll of some easily accessible books, for us to decide. We could create a new thread for each book, and discuss without deadlines. You could dip in and out as you please, all within the comfort of your home! 🥳

Thoughts? I see the last Tattle book club attempt didn't last long, but it's been almost a year since it stopped!
Yes, I would be interested!

Reactions: 2
Your replies 🥺 they mean so much, thank you!
I know it’s a stupid thing to be upset about 😫 its just always been such a big part of my week/life that it feels so weird to have absolutely no desire to read/no concentration to be able to read, It’s frustrating 😣 I’m fully aware I’m pathetic 🤣
and I felt like I couldn’t contribute here because I wasn’t going to be able to contribute anything worth while 😓

anyway enough moaning for I’m me!! I’m catching up on all the posts I’ve avoided 🙈 I missed the chats and positively on here! ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Hope you are feeling okay 💙 You’ve not failed 2022, there’s still 342 days left. Take your time and when it feels right, it will feel right x

I’m enjoying Sophie Cousen’s - Just Haven’t Met You Yet which is fairly new. I was in Sainsburys earlier and like the look of the new Heather Morris book and there was a book called The Maid/Maid which looked interesting!
I’m about half way though The Maid and I’m really enjoying it so far! Will report back when I’ve finished it!

I’ve been so absent from this thread 😔 haven’t been in the best place mentally/physically to read much if I’m honest, and I get overwhelmed coming here and feeling like I’ve failed 2022 already 😣 I know how stupid that looks.

but I love the idea of the book club coming back, it just didn’t quite get off the ground last time, but now there’s more of an established community it could work.
Hope everyone is doing ok!

any recommendations from current releases that others loved?
Sending you love and hugs 🤗 just be patient with yourself, you haven’t failed anything. Currently releases I’d recommend The Maid. I’m only half way through but it’s really good. It’s a hotel based who dunnit but it’s quite funny in places and quirky. Different from anything I’ve read in a while.

Reactions: 7
Can anyone recommend a good series to read please? (fantasy kinda genre)
I've recently finished:
- The Magicians
- Shadow and Bone
Thanks!

Can anyone recommend a good series to read please? (fantasy kinda genre)
I've recently finished:
- The Magicians
- Shadow and Bone
Thanks!
Have you read the Six of Crows duology by the same author as Shadow and Bone? I liked those even better!

The Kingfountain series by Jeff Wheeler is a great set of fantasy books, really enjoyed every book.

Have you read the Six of Crows duology by the same author as Shadow and Bone? I liked those even better!

The Kingfountain series by Jeff Wheeler is a great set of fantasy books, really enjoyed every book.
I have the Six Crows...I'm just waiting on my husband to finish so I can start lol

I will look up the Kingfountain.....thanks for the suggestion !

Well I’ve just seen Dolly Parton is releasing a Novel, I can’t wait for that hope it’s good!

Reactions: 5
Well I’ve just seen Dolly Parton is releasing a Novel, I can’t wait for that hope it’s good!
It’s in collaboration with James Patterson. I’ve just read his latest book The Horse Woman and there’s a preview of it at the end. Seems decent enough but I’m not a country and western fan so not really my cup of tea.

Going to start The Diary Of Anne Frank tomorrow. No idea what it will be like but it's one of those you hear so much about there's a curiously to read it.

I'm getting a lot of books from HMV at the moment. It's 2 for £6 and there's loads of good titles.

Reactions: 11
Most of the James Patterson books are ghost written iirc. I wonder if Dolly's will be? I love her library project. She seems such a good sort.

• Heart
Just sort of joining this thread so sorry if this books been mentioned. Ive just finished 'when the world was ours' by Liz Kessler and its an incredible book.
I realised after I brought it, its actually aimed for teenagers but youd never know. One of the best books Ive read in a long time.

I’m super interested in history, started reading The Romanovs, I think I regret it 😭 I’ll be here a while!

Reactions: 4
I'm reading First Person Singular by Murakami and the reviews are very mixed but I like it so far!!
Finished CMBYN and I have to say the last 80 or so pages I got really bored of it? Like from the moment they went to Rome my interest in the story was just gone. I loved the ending of it though 😊

Reactions: 2
I’ve finished the Spanish Love Deception (really enjoyed it!) not sure what to read next. I found the switch by Beth o Leary on my kindle that I haven’t read yet. Must of downloaded it after the flatshare and forgot 🤣 is it worth the read? I’ve read mixed reviews. Just need something a bit lighthearted

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.