Books #5 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have finished One in Three by Tess Stimson, I only read it because Stolen was so good and it was 'free' on Kindle Unlimited. I think it was even better than Stolen. I didn't see the ending coming at all. I really like Stimson's writing. More of her books are 99p so I am tempted. But I have so many already to read.....

Reactions: 4
I have finished One in Three by Tess Stimson, I only read it because Stolen was so good and it was 'free' on Kindle Unlimited. I think it was even better than Stolen. I didn't see the ending coming at all. I really like Stimson's writing. More of her books are 99p so I am tempted. But I have so many already to read.....
I’m reading that too and it’s great!

Really like Tess Stimson!
On my library app 3 of her books are available right now so it might be worth checking out.

I got Karen Swans new Christmas book from the library and I’m so happy it’s a bit sad to admit 😂😂😂

Ohh interesting! I'm going to look it up. Thank you for the reccomendation.

I have 'Everyone knows your Mother is a Witch' by Rivka Galchen ordered. Was similarly looking for a book for the spooky season!
very different, but there is a book called The Heretics Daughter, I cannot remember the author but it is about the witch trials in the US, very realistic you can really picture how it was

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Really like Tess Stimson!
On my library app 3 of her books are available right now so it might be worth checking out.

I got Karen Swans new Christmas book from the library and I’m so happy it’s a bit sad to admit 😂😂😂
I’m worried you’ll be all Christmased out by December 1st 😂 xx

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Which series did you finish? I've started out my Brandon Sanderson journey, I'm in the middle of Elantris, and hope to pick up Mistborn next! Have you read any Sanderson, and did you enjoy it?
Enjoy!!
I’ve read Elantris, the Mistborn trilogy & just about to start the Stormlight archive 😁
They just get better & better 👍🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 1
The Nickel Boys is 99p today. It is one of my favourite ever books, such a powerful story so brilliantly written.

Deal of the day: The Nickel Boys: Winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction 2020
Amazon product

It absolutely is 99p despite that saying £4.99.
I enjoyed it so much more than the underground rail road!

I don’t think it’s a Christmas book 🙁😏 it was all lies 😂
Maybe a good palate cleanser? After you can return to the wonderful world of Christmas fiction. 🎄

very different, but there is a book called The Heretics Daughter, I cannot remember the author but it is about the witch trials in the US, very realistic you can really picture how it was
Oh that looks really interesting, thank you!

• Heart
Maybe a good palate cleanser?
I don’t have a problem, it’s fine, it’s totally under control, totally. 😐
I really don’t have a problem it’s not like I can’t go without the Christmas books, it’s not a problem…STOP SHOUTING AT ME I’M FINE OK I JUST NEED ONE MORE VILLAGE CHRISTMAS WITH A VET/SNOWSTORM/JADED FEMALE LEAD JUST ONE MORE. 😂

Christmas hugs with tinsel ☹ And maybe a stray dog who needs a home, or an angry single male who owns a castle….

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I've just started The Hundred Years of Lenni and Margot. It's really good and I enjoy the humour in it. However I know it is going to break my heart so gearing myself up for that.

I've just started The Hundred Years of Lenni and Margot. It's really good and I enjoy the humour in it. However I know it is going to break my heart so gearing myself up for that.
Ooh I have this on my TBR. A bookstagrammer with similar taste to me recommended it.

Im reading Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover. I love her writing style.

Reactions: 3
I’m reading Small Pleasures by Clare Chambers at the minute.

It’s set in the late 50s and tells the story of a woman who claims to have had a virgin birth, and the journalist out to prove (or otherwise) the story.

It was longlisted for The Women’s Prize for Fiction earlier this year (I actually enjoyed it far more than the eventual winner).

Reactions: 9
I’m reading Small Pleasures by Clare Chambers at the minute.

It’s set in the late 50s and tells the story of a woman who claims to have had a virgin birth, and the journalist out to prove (or otherwise) the story.

It was longlisted for The Women’s Prize for Fiction earlier this year (I actually enjoyed it far more than the eventual winner).

Love this book, read it over the summer.

Ooh I have this on my TBR. A bookstagrammer with similar taste to me recommended it.

Im reading Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover. I love her writing style.
Finished that one last night. First one I have read by her...was ok, very easy reading. Now starting a 99p Mary Burton.

Love this thread!! Favourite author is Karin Slaughter.

Reactions: 5
Guys... I'm mega confused and I was hoping someone might be able help me... Why do Evelyns seem to keep getting sevens of things?! Seven husbands, and then I've seen seven deaths, but I've also weirdly seen seven and a half deaths too, and at this point I feel like I'm hallucinating in the library. What is going on, is there any one who can help me feel a little less discombobulated in the contemporary fiction section, because I genuinely don't understand why there seem to be 3 (or more, who know at this point) Evelyns getting seven things....

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Guys... I'm mega confused and I was hoping someone might be able help me... Why do Evelyns seem to keep getting sevens of things?! Seven husbands, and then I've seen seven deaths, but I've also weirdly seen seven and a half deaths too, and at this point I feel like I'm hallucinating in the library. What is going on, is there any one who can help me feel a little less discombobulated in the contemporary fiction section, because I genuinely don't understand why there seem to be 3 (or more, who know at this point) Evelyns getting seven things....
We will soon discover that Snow White's real name is actually Evelyn.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.