Books #5 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I finished a series recently and I'm just in such a slump after it. Hate that post fantasy series slump but love fantasy!
Which series did you finish? I've started out my Brandon Sanderson journey, I'm in the middle of Elantris, and hope to pick up Mistborn next! Have you read any Sanderson, and did you enjoy it?

Which series did you finish? I've started out my Brandon Sanderson journey, I'm in the middle of Elantris, and hope to pick up Mistborn next! Have you read any Sanderson, and did you enjoy it?
It was the Fifth Season trilogy by N K Jemisin. I haven't read any Sanderson, I'm not sure where I'd even start! He's a bit of a writing machine.

I’ve just started The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendrix. I’m only 12% in but liking it so far.

Reactions: 2
I'm about half way through 56 Days and I'm loving it. Took me a few days to muster up the want to read it but now I'm hooked

Reactions: 5
Usually prefer paper but back in the office so kindle again and have tipped in to a whole new paranormal/horror genre. Working through the Amy Cross books, a little intense so poss not for everyone but enjoying them.

Has anyone read We Were Never Here by Andrea Bartz? It got so much love on bookstagram by people who have very similar taste in books as me. I am 20% through which is the point I feel comfortable to quit on a book of I am struggling with it, but I can't make my mind up with this book. I don't think I like it but then i think I must be missing something and the good parts of the story might by just on the next page.
I persevered with this book and am glad I did. It got much, much better! And i didn't see the ending coming at all.

I am about to start One in Three by Tess Stimson now, she is the lady who wrote Stolen. One in Three is on Kindle Unlimited so thought I would give it a go.

Reactions: 3
I persevered with this book and am glad I did. It got much, much better! And i didn't see the ending coming at all.

I am about to start One in Three by Tess Stimson now, she is the lady who wrote Stolen. One in Three is on Kindle Unlimited so thought I would give it a go.
i really enjoy Tess Stimsons writing!

• Heart
Just downloaded state of terror by Clinton and Louise Perry.

haven’t seen any reviews for it but I started 3 books yesterday and returned them all to the library 😐
I don’t know what’s up with me 😂 I just can’t find anything I like lately.

Reactions: 1
Just finished Malibu rising. Didn’t love it, didn’t hate it - it was fine. Has anyone read Daisy Jones and the six? Was it better or worse than Malibu rising? If it’s not as good I probably won’t bother with it.

Reactions: 1
Just finished Malibu rising. Didn’t love it, didn’t hate it - it was fine. Has anyone read Daisy Jones and the six? Was it better or worse than Malibu rising? If it’s not as good I probably won’t bother with it.
I enjoued Daisy Jones and the Six - havent read any of the others so cant comment

I preferred Daisy Jones over Malibu Rising, but they are so hard to compare as the writing style is super different. My favourite book by TJR will forever be the seven husbands of Evelyn Hugo

Been reading a lot of H.G Wells recently. He was waaay ahead of his time, it's crazy.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.