Books #5 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just finished Stephen King's The Institute. Pretty good although it felt a little familiar in some parts. Next one is probably Jack Four by Neal Asher.

Reactions: 1
I’ve got myself into the unfortunate situation of having NO books to read 😱 on the look out for something easy and Christmassy. Slight change to the usual crime, heavy going novels.

Reactions: 2
I’ve got myself into the unfortunate situation of having NO books to read 😱 on the look out for something easy and Christmassy. Slight change to the usual crime, heavy going novels.
Oh no, I hope you find something good soon!

I’ve had an emotional week (family bereavement) so I’m re-reading Jane Eyre - classic comfort reading.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I am supposed to be temporarily banned from buying more books, but it is Bookshop Day and i couldn't help myself, have placed an a whooping Berts Books order. I have ordered
No Honour by Awais Khan
After the End by Clare Mackintosh
This Is How We Are Human by Louise Beech
The Lamplighters by Emma Stonex
Circus of Wonders by Elizabeth Macneal
Take Nothing With You by Patrick Gale
Rainbow Milk by Paul Mendez
Three Things About Elsie by Joanna Cannon (only got this as the cover looks like Battenburg cake 🤪)

and now I must stop buying books.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Finished some very different books this week,

Imperfect Women by Araminta Hall,
The first day of spring by Nancy Tucker,
As luck would have it by Zoe May,
The Magician by Colm Tóibín.

NOT ONE CHRISTMAS BOOK IN SIGHT WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME.
I need a Christmas book ASAP 😂😅

Oh no, I hope you find something good soon!

I’ve had an emotional week (family bereavement) so I’m re-reading Jane Eyre - classic comfort reading.
sending you love and strength. 🤍

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I didn't enjoy "Maid". Settled in to read for a couple of hours this morning but didn't enjoy the writing and the story.
I was hoping to learn more about the people in the houses she cleaned, it is not at all like "The Nanny Diaries".

Now I am looking for a Halloween book, something spooky but clever. Any ideas?

It is too early for Christmas books in my view! Autumn has only just begun....

I haven’t read a book in monthssssss after reading loads and being on this thread constantly at the start of the year.

Last night I downloaded “it ends with us” by Colleen Hoover and I’ve finished it already. It tore my heart out but my god I loved it. I loved all the main characters and I’ll definitely read more from her.

SO happy to be out of my reading slump 🤩🤓🤓

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Loving this thread, always good to get advice. I went to waterstones for the first time in ages and wanted to buy about 12972197 books :ROFLMAO: got American Dirt and Fleishman is in trouble (which I started ages ago then lost so want to continue)

Reactions: 5
Im about 60% of the way through and am enjoying it! Let me know how you get on. :giggle:
I just finished the book and had a good time, thanks so much for the recommendation once again!! I will say I think I should've just read more in fewer sessions instead of spreading it out over a few days, because I did disconnect a little at times, but it was exactly the kinda cosy small witchy town vibe I was hoping for. Have you finished it? If so how did you find it? :giggle:

I somehow do this to myself too often, where I'm enjoying a book, and then take too long to finish it (either because of life, or I switch to another book) and the enjoyment slightly fizzles out and I'm chasing that initial 'this new book is banging' high, not really managing to get it back 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I've seen 56 days is 99p so I have ordered. I'm sure it was on my wish list following someone's recommendation here.

Reactions: 5
I haven’t read a book in monthssssss after reading loads and being on this thread constantly at the start of the year.

Last night I downloaded “it ends with us” by Colleen Hoover and I’ve finished it already. It tore my heart out but my god I loved it. I loved all the main characters and I’ll definitely read more from her.

SO happy to be out of my reading slump 🤩🤓🤓
She's just finished writing the script for an 'It ends with us' movie! So you have that to look forward to at some point in the future!

Yay for escaping the reading slump!🎉

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Urgh the horrible cold is still kicking my butt. Gone back to bed and would usually relish the chance to do some kid free reading. But neither of my books are capturing my attention, although I'll be gone back to them when I'm better. Any recommendations for low brain power thrillers/mysteries that are available for 99p on Kindle?

• Heart
She's just finished writing the script for an 'It ends with us' movie! So you have that to look forward to at some point in the future!

Yay for escaping the reading slump!🎉
I don’t think my little heart could take that 😭😭
So glad to be out of it just in time for cosy winter nights in front of the fire with a book🤩🤩

• Heart
Urgh the horrible cold is still kicking my butt. Gone back to bed and would usually relish the chance to do some kid free reading. But neither of my books are capturing my attention, although I'll be gone back to them when I'm better. Any recommendations for low brain power thrillers/mysteries that are available for 99p on Kindle?
Steve Cavanagh 50 / 50 is on 99p atm. His books are brilliant.

Reactions: 6
Has anyone read We Were Never Here by Andrea Bartz? It got so much love on bookstagram by people who have very similar taste in books as me. I am 20% through which is the point I feel comfortable to quit on a book of I am struggling with it, but I can't make my mind up with this book. I don't think I like it but then i think I must be missing something and the good parts of the story might by just on the next page.

I just finished "home before dark" by r sager - perfect for October. A horror novel, finished it in record time.

I also purchased "The Mexican Gothic"

I’ve given up on Girl A after 30% :(

Really struggled to get into it and it was making reading a chore so I thought the best thing to do was just find something else!

Reading Sweetpea by CJ Skuse now.

I just finished the book and had a good time, thanks so much for the recommendation once again!! I will say I think I should've just read more in fewer sessions instead of spreading it out over a few days, because I did disconnect a little at times, but it was exactly the kinda cosy small witchy town vibe I was hoping for. Have you finished it? If so how did you find it? :giggle:

I somehow do this to myself too often, where I'm enjoying a book, and then take too long to finish it (either because of life, or I switch to another book) and the enjoyment slightly fizzles out and I'm chasing that initial 'this new book is banging' high, not really managing to get it back 😅
Yes I finished it too! I read it quite quickly so think that helped me get into it more, and loved the descriptions of the town and the store and school. It was a fun read I enjoyed it, mostly very likeable characters too so a nice cosy read! I would like to read more of that type of book so if you find anything else let me know 😊

Good to read about love for Ove!
I just finished it and really loved it! Parts of Ove really reminded me of my grandpa who passed away earlier this year. This was me about 10 times through the book..

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I finished a series recently and I'm just in such a slump after it. Hate that post fantasy series slump but love fantasy!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.