Books #5 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Struggling to get into Girl A :( will carry on though!
Oh no I have this to read! Was hoping it would get me out of my slump 😭

I am so excited I found this thread!! I am usually a massive bookworm, but in the last 3 months I’ve finished one book; An Innocent Baby by Cathy Glass.
I’m into several genres. Favourite authors are Paul Finch, MJ Arlidge, Carol Wyer, Lucy Diamond, CL Taylor and Milly Johnson to name a few.
Does anyone have any book recommendations which may help me out of my slump 😩

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Another blast from the past - fat frogs! I’d totally forgotten about those! I remember me and my now husband drinking quite a lot of those on the last night of our first holiday together and being sick as dogs on the plane on the way home the next day - classy 😉

God yes, you can have all the Smirnoff ice’s to yourself - vile things 😝
My pre-ordered copy of Aisling in the City arrived this morning, cant wait to get stuck in over the weekend 🤗
I haven’t read any of the Aisling books - are they any good?

Reactions: 1
Oh no I have this to read! Was hoping it would get me out of my slump 😭

I am so excited I found this thread!! I am usually a massive bookworm, but in the last 3 months I’ve finished one book; An Innocent Baby by Cathy Glass.
I’m into several genres. Favourite authors are Paul Finch, MJ Arlidge, Carol Wyer, Lucy Diamond, CL Taylor and Milly Johnson to name a few.
Does anyone have any book recommendations which may help me out of my slump 😩
Ahh I like Milly Johnson, did you see the episode of come dine she did?. Recommend the third wife, Lisa jewell

• Heart
I haven’t read any of the Aisling books - are they any good?
Theyre easy reads. Most irish people enjoy them. For me, theyre familiar, kinda like a hug in a book!

They are quite well written and i thought deeper than i had initially expected.

Theres sub plots of bereavement and DV that are dealt with sensitively and quite well IMO. but at the same time, thry are light enough books, they dont go too deeply into anything. I did cry though as a warning to anyone who would find those particular issues tough

Reactions: 3
I bought A Man Called Ove and Anxious People by Fredrik Backman (both 99p atm if anyone wants to be enabled 😂 #notsponsored), has anyone read them? I loved Beartown and Us Against You by him so much (as I think I've posted several times .. haha) so am hoping they live up to my high expectations of him. He does write characters very well in the two I've read by him, so I'm intrigued about his other books. 😊
I really enjoyed that book! I'm sure you will too. I need to read Backman's other books.

• Heart
I'm reading beautiful world, where are you by Sally Rooney at the moment, have any of you read it? I like the regular chapters so far, but the email chapters are super boring to me

Reactions: 3
Have any of your read the book "Maid"? I just downloaded it after I saw that it will be turned into a Netflix mini series.
The reviews on GoodReads are mixed to say the least.

I loved "The nanny" (also a movie with Scarlett Johansen - spelling?) and hope that the book will be similar.

Have any of your read the book "Maid"? I just downloaded it after I saw that it will be turned into a Netflix mini series.
The reviews on GoodReads are mixed to say the least.

I loved "The nanny" (also a movie with Scarlett Johansen - spelling?) and hope that the book will be similar.
I am enjoying Maid on Netflix. I’ve also read The Nanny Diaries and it was entertaining. Just finished American Dirt which was really eye-opening!

Reactions: 2
Has anyone read the Vanishing Half? what did you think?
I also felt it was slightly over hyped, I enjoyed it, but I also read the whole book waiting for it to really sing and become this amazing book everyone described to me. In the end it was eh but maybe if I went in blind, not expecting anything, I would’ve loved it more

note - finished twilight it was not as good as I remember, last re read it 5/6years ago, maybe it’s because I’ve read a lot of really good books in the last few years or I’m just older and less obsessed. But it was still a great switch off because I’m having an anxious and stressful week

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.