Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I'm reading Mexican Gothic- it's really dull. Has anyone else read it and does it pick up at all? Literally all the MC is doing is errands and walking around a creepy house.
Yes, it does pick up but the atmospheric description of the house etc seems what appeals to readers, at least this what I gathered from the GoodRead reviews

Geranium

VIP Member
I'm reading Oh my God, What a Complete Aisling atm. It's the first in a series of 4 and has got me out of my reading slump! It's an easy read and quite funny.

Oo I have this and haven't read it yet but planning to read it soon. Let us know how you get on :giggle:
It’s very gripping and intense. I’m enjoying it.

twilightgarden

VIP Member
Hi all, I contributed to this lovely little community in the first couple of threads and got so many good recommendations from you all! Excited to get stuck back in again but before I catch up, I had to come straight here and ask… has anybody read True Crime Story by Joseph Knox? I’ve just finished it and I NEED to discuss it!! Honestly feel bereft it’s finished - I was so involved! Highly recommend!
Got this on my kindle so will bump it up the TBR pile. I’ve really liked his other books

Lola123

VIP Member
Anyone got any recommendations from kindle unlimited, I’ve had a free trial and I’ve read a bit from it but have any of you read anything good from it?

Geranium

VIP Member
I finished Beartown and wow. I cried so many times reading it and Im not an emotional person at all. Blackmans creation of characters was complex and beautiful. I will be reading Us Against You next.

I was disappointed that Maya didnt kill Kevin. I can fully understand where the author was going and her revenge was her success I suppose.
Isn’t it amazing?

twilightgarden

VIP Member
Started The Appeal by Janice Hallett last night as I couldn’t sleep. Thought that because it was all documents I wouldn’t get into it and would be sleeping in no time. I was hooked! Read 100 pages and had to make myself stop. Loving it so far. Has anyone else read it??

Geranium

VIP Member
I’m currently reading It ends with us by Colleen Hoover. I’m enjoying it very much …..just over half way through. The love scenes are a bit Mills & Boon though …
I’ve just finished it and thought it was powerful. The author note at the end was really moving.