Books #5 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you everyone for sharing your tracking methods! I think a notebook/page in my diary (planner) will be the way to go. That way I can add the info from my 'Kindle Insights' (thanks for the reminder this existed @Cheddar Chalpupa!) plus the physical books.
At the end of the year I plan to show mine so I think it would be really cool to see what others have read. I know a few of us have read books from recommendations here :)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
What has everyone picked for their First Reads? I’m not feeling particularly inspired.

Just started Parting The Veil from last month and I’m enjoying it so far though.

Reactions: 2
What has everyone picked for their First Reads? I’m not feeling particularly inspired.

Just started Parting The Veil from last month and I’m enjoying it so far though.
I went with one small mistake. I haven't read my 2 from last month yet!

Reactions: 4
I am reading my 242nd book of the year. Which is way above usual for me but I have spent 4 months (so far) in hospital in bed, the Kindle says "Typical time to read 5 hrs 22 minutes" and that is one day in bed. I have read a book a day most days since being here. Thank goodness for the Kindle!
I hope you're ok! I don't blame you for reading that many, I'd be the exact same if I were you.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Nearly Half way through Rock Paper Scissors,
Anyone read it?

finding it so hard to get a book I like lately 😣😓

I’m the same. Had to give up on Kisscut by Karin Slaughter because I was bored. Got almost 40% through. I’d never normally do that but like others have posted, I don’t want to waste time reading things I’m not enjoying. I will go back to it at some point though and try again.

I’m now reading The Street Party. It hasn’t gripped me yet but I’ll stick with it for now.

Reactions: 1
I’m just about to start The Girl with the Louding Voice - downloaded it ages ago but never read it.

Reactions: 3
I finished Rock Paper Scissors.

I actually ripped through it but the ending was just so far fetched and ridiculous imo. I gave it 3 outta 5 on good reads.

I think I did review it on here.

I'm reading Oh my God, What a Complete Aisling atm. It's the first in a series of 4 and has got me out of my reading slump! It's an easy read and quite funny.

I’m just about to start The Girl with the Louding Voice - downloaded it ages ago but never read it.
Oo I have this and haven't read it yet but planning to read it soon. Let us know how you get on :giggle:

I'm reading Oh my God, What a Complete Aisling atm. It's the first in a series of 4 and has got me out of my reading slump! It's an easy read and quite funny.

Oo I have this and haven't read it yet but planning to read it soon. Let us know how you get on :giggle:
All four books are lovely reads. You'll have a lump in your throat a few times too

• Heart

It’s very gripping and intense. I’m enjoying it.

I'm reading Oh my God, What a Complete Aisling atm. It's the first in a series of 4
Ive got the latest - aisling and the city but I’m not feeling it yet 😂

I finished Rock Paper Scissors.

I actually ripped through it but the ending was just so far fetched and ridiculous imo. I gave it 3 outta 5 on good reads.

I think I did review it on here.
I’m not loving it 😐 oh I’ll go look for that!

I've just finished Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter. I was absolutely hooked right from the start. It kept me guessing and shocked me regularly. The subject matter is hard to read about, it can be graphic, but I felt it needed to be to get the point across. OK, some of it was far fetched, but it's a story. I loved it, fast paced and well written.

Reactions: 4
I was following The Booker Prize ceremony this evening.

The Promise by Damon Galgut won it, for one it actually sounds like a decent book. Has anyone read it?

My book of the year so far is The Push - the best read I’ve had in a long time

Reactions: 6
I started Exciting Times last night - took it to the hairdressers to try and read (instead the trainee tried to flirt with me 🙄), I'm just not loving it? I think it's the style - disappointed as I am also a TEFL teacher abroad with romantic problems 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.