Books #5 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I read Daisy Jones and liked it, also read a short novella same author which was ok. I wouldnt rush to read anything else really.

Reactions: 1
I reread The Time Machine recently, crazy to think that was his first novel, such a clever book.
I randomly gave The War Of The Worlds a go as I found it at my Mums house. Loved that so it got me interested in reading more. I'll never watch that god awful Hollywood version of it again . Read The Time Machine - that was great too. Also The Invisible Man which is incredibly dark!

Reactions: 3
I’ve put 5 books on hold at my local library. I picked some books from my wish list that are expensive on kindle and the prices haven’t dropped for a while.

Reactions: 6
I’m currently reading It ends with us by Colleen Hoover. I’m enjoying it very much …..just over half way through. The love scenes are a bit Mills & Boon though …

Reactions: 2
I finished Beartown and wow. I cried so many times reading it and Im not an emotional person at all. Blackmans creation of characters was complex and beautiful. I will be reading Us Against You next.

I was disappointed that Maya didnt kill Kevin. I can fully understand where the author was going and her revenge was her success I suppose.

• Heart
I finished Beartown and wow. I cried so many times reading it and Im not an emotional person at all. Blackmans creation of characters was complex and beautiful. I will be reading Us Against You next.

I was disappointed that Maya didnt kill Kevin. I can fully understand where the author was going and her revenge was her success I suppose.
Isn’t it amazing?

Currently reading the hearts invisible furies-johm Boyne.

really enjoying it and so interesting to see how homosexuality was handled in the 40-60’s in ireland.

Has anyone else read it?

Reactions: 4
I’m currently reading It ends with us by Colleen Hoover. I’m enjoying it very much …..just over half way through. The love scenes are a bit Mills & Boon though …
I’ve just finished it and thought it was powerful. The author note at the end was really moving.

really enjoying it and so interesting to see how homosexuality was handled in the 40-60’s in ireland.

Has anyone else read it?
One of my favourite reads

• Heart

Has anyone else read it?
One of my all time faves. It's such a good book.

• Heart

Has anyone else read it?
Haven't read it yet but I'm planning to do a book order tonight and just added it to my cart! It looks really interesting!

So glad to hear others have liked it, its one of those books I don’t want to put down and read in one go.

Started an audio book today - The Witches of Cambridge by Menna van Praag and I am really really enjoying it!! It was a random pick I got by searching 'witches' on Libby, and I'm really glad I found it!

Has anyone else read it?
One of my faves, too. Also enjoyed A History of Loneliness by John Boyne. Probably a bit too similar, though, if you read them close together.

Has anyone else read it?
I ended up skim reading the book earlier this year. Couldn't gel with the story at all and felt it was very longwinded.

• Sad
Started an audio book today - The Witches of Cambridge by Menna van Praag and I am really really enjoying it!! It was a random pick I got by searching 'witches' on Libby, and I'm really glad I found it!
Ohh interesting! I'm going to look it up. Thank you for the reccomendation.

I have 'Everyone knows your Mother is a Witch' by Rivka Galchen ordered. Was similarly looking for a book for the spooky season!

• Heart
The Nickel Boys is 99p today. It is one of my favourite ever books, such a powerful story so brilliantly written.

Deal of the day: The Nickel Boys: Winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction 2020
Amazon product

It absolutely is 99p despite that saying £4.99.

• Heart
The Nickel Boys is 99p today. It is one of my favourite ever books, such a powerful story so brilliantly written.

Deal of the day: The Nickel Boys: Winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction 2020
Amazon product

It absolutely is 99p despite that saying £4.99.
Just purchased and can confirm it was definitely 99p. Thanks for the heads up.

For any Waterstones Plus card holders, they're doing double points from today until Saturday. Might be a good chance to stock up on points for Christmas shopping. My mum, MIL and Mr B usually gets books from me for Christmas so I'll be having a wee browse.

I've finished The Cipher. If anyone likes watching criminal minds on tv then this might be a book you like.
I'm going to move onto my 99p TBR pile now!
I'm thinking either 56 days or we were never here.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.