Books #5 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Currently reading Where the Crawdads Sing.i don't know what it is but I love some parts in the book and hates the other ones😅Anyone else?
I agree super over hyped for me, but then I really didn’t like normal people at all as well as hated my sister the serial killer. Both of which everyone else I known is obsessed with so maybe my opinion isn’t worth a lot 😂

Reactions: 7
just started Last Tang Standing, I needed a new book and got the “what will I read next” anxiety 😂😂

so picked it on impulse

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I feel like I have been waiting FOREVER for this to drop to a reasonable price on kindle. I'm still 20+ weeks away from my library reservation.

Which will happen first? 😂

Screenshot 2021-09-28 at 20.03.48.png

Berts Books posted that sales had been really slow this month and they needed to sell 70 books before the end of the month. And no sooner had I read that message than 11 books jumped into my basket and checked themselves out.

#whatbookbuyingban

• Haha
Berts Books posted that sales had been really slow this month and they needed to sell 70 books before the end of the month. And no sooner had I read that message than 11 books jumped into my basket and checked themselves out.

#whatbookbuyingban
I can’t wait to buy from them! Just too skint for now!

Reactions: 2

#whatbookbuyingban
I really like him!

Reactions: 1
Thank you to those who recommended the therapist. I’ve managed to zip through it as I found it hard to put down. Shocked by the ending!

Reactions: 2
Started a new book. As some of you know I was struggling with The Beekeeper of Aleppo and felt bad about not finishing it. But I’ve put it to the side and started The Dover Cafe at War and so far it’s really good. The front cover makes it look a bit simple but it’s really engaging.

These are some of my recent reads which I've thoroughly enjoyed. Also The Ghostwriter by Alessander Torre is a brilliant page turner.
View attachment 783762
You’re on goodreads! Do you have the same problem with the Russian sex bots following you and liking your reviews and ratings? I hardly post on there, only too keep a track on what I’ve read and I have 50 followers who love that I often give 3 stars to books 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Really recommend “I who have never know men” by Jacqueline Harpman, labelled as sci fi by more Margaret Atwood/George Orwell vibes and nice and short. Absolutely loved it and just wish it got a bit more love and want someone else to read it so I can talk about it

(it’s not as fun discussing books with the bf when he isn’t a reader and I’m just telling him the plot😂)

True Crime Story by Joseph Knox has gone down to £1.99 on kindle today, I’ve heard good things so bought it

Reactions: 3
Just finished nearly normal by Hannah Sunderland

i wasn’t expecting much from the book as the synopsis seemed a bit eh but i really liked it, i thought it would be a cheesy chicklit.

Just finished. We were the lucky ones by gerogia hunter.
Based on a true story around a jewish family in ww2 Europe. Each chapter was a different family member telling their story for that particular time.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.