Books #5 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I finished His and Hers by Alice Feeney earlier.

I wanted to enjoy it more than I actually did. Felt a bit confusing in some places and I felt like some ideas for the book seemed to have been plucked from nowhere? Be interested to hear what others thought if they’ve read it?
I liked it well enough for most of the book but thought the ending really let it down. I’ve got her latest one on my kindle so hoping that’s better. It’s had rave reviews!

Reactions: 1
I finished His and Hers by Alice Feeney earlier.

I wanted to enjoy it more than I actually did. Felt a bit confusing in some places and I felt like some ideas for the book seemed to have been plucked from nowhere? Be interested to hear what others thought if they’ve read it?
I still need to reed this one. I won a copy of this book on a dutch website and it sounds like a book that I’ll enjoy

Reactions: 2
Hello!

If you liked the Song of Achillies and Penelopiad you might like The Silence of the Girls by Pat Barker. It's the first in a trilogy. I have bought it and the second (Women of Troy) and they're waiting in my TBR so can't give a review yet. But when I do read them I shall report back!
thank you for this rec! I’ve just reserved a copy from the library so hopefully I’ll read this soon.
I’ve recently applied for a library card to try save money - been spending far too much on books haha

I’ve finally finished Hamnet, which I loved.
I also enjoyed Am I Guilty, The Perfect Couple and The Perfect Family by Jackie Kabler. The first one was I think the best but it involves child death and animal cruelty so be warned!

1001 eye-rolls later, and I have finished off Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo. Safe to say I didn't like it.

I have Daisy Jones and the Six downloaded, so I will eventually check that out (purely because I already paid for it, although I will be very DNF-trigger happy), but not exactly rushing into it any time soon.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
1001 eye-rolls later, and I have finished off Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo. Safe to say I didn't like it.

I have Daisy Jones and the Six downloaded, so I will eventually check that out (purely because I already paid for it, although I will be very DNF-trigger happy), but not exactly rushing into it any time soon.
Oh no I’ve not read this one yet! I enjoyed Daisy Jones though and I finished Malibu rising yesterday which was a nice easy read

Oh no I’ve not read this one yet! I enjoyed Daisy Jones though and I finished Malibu rising yesterday which was a nice easy read
I can, despite everything, see why others would like it, to be fair! The book just wasn't to my tastes, personally, and I might find better luck in her other books

Daisy Jones is quite different from Evelyn Hugo- though I've heard of people saying they enjoyed it more as an audiobook because it is written as an interview

Daisy Jones and the six was an amazing book. Whatever happened to the prime show? It was originally due out before the pandemic i believe 🤔🤔

Started Hostage by Clare Mackintosh today and I'm loving it. Its gripped me straight away which hasn't happened in a while

Reactions: 4
I liked it well enough for most of the book but thought the ending really let it down. I’ve got her latest one on my kindle so hoping that’s better. It’s had rave reviews!
Rock, Paper, Scissors? I have that in my wish list too. In fact, that’s how I came across this one!

Daisy Jones and the six was an amazing book. Whatever happened to the prime show? It was originally due out before the pandemic i believe 🤔🤔

Started Hostage by Clare Mackintosh today and I'm loving it. Its gripped me straight away which hasn't happened in a while
Hello! New to this thread! I’m hoping to start Hostage soon, I’m looking forward to it!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Daisy Jones is quite different from Evelyn Hugo- though I've heard of people saying they enjoyed it more as an audiobook because it is written as an interview
I read daisy jones and then sold it because I thought it was that bad, it made 0 sense was so surface level and crap, instantly regretted buying it! It’s put me off reading any more of hers!!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve been in a reading rut for so long but today I finally got into a book and I can’t wait to finish it already! I’m taking my time with it - normally I finish a book in a day or two but I’m only reading in the mornings during my little ones nap time and trying to make it last!

I’m reading Helen Hoangs new book “the heart principle”. I adored her first two books the kiss quotient and the bride test so this is the third and last in the series and had to preorder it back in February and it arrived a couple weeks ago but I just couldn’t open it until today! 6 chapters down and I’m loving it!!

I read daisy jones and then sold it because I thought it was that bad, it made 0 sense was so surface level and crap, instantly regretted buying it! It’s put me off reading any more of hers!!
I read Evelyn Hugo first and I really enjoyed it. I liked Daisy Jones but I felt it was somewhat cliché. I didn't love Malibu Rising either as it felt like it was written to be a TV show. I feel that Daisy Jones was overhyped as that followed Evelyn Hugo.

I liked the moral ambiguity of Evelyn Hugo.

Reactions: 3
The more I think about Malibu Rising the more I wonder why her editor didn’t say THERE IS LITERALLY NO STORY HERE 😂

• Haha
I bought 'Evidence of the Affair' by Taylor Jenkins Reid cause it was 99p

I liked Daisy Jones. It was totally different from anything Id usually read but I think thats why I liked it tbh. Was v easy to read. Havent read Evelyn Hugo.

Reactions: 5
These are some of my recent reads which I've thoroughly enjoyed. Also The Ghostwriter by Alessander Torre is a brilliant page turner.
Screenshot_20210927-200046_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Heart
Controversial.

I feel like 7 husbands only got popular (and Jenkins as an author) because of tiktok

Spoiler, maybe…
and the LGBTQ+ Community on there

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.