Books #5 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm around the 1/3rd mark in The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, and I am not loving it to the extent I'd hoped I would... I find myself rolling my eyes a whole lot more than I should...

Also I really don't care for sapphic romances if I'm to be 1000% honest... I don't know if that's a me problem, or not, so I'd love to know if I'm the only one lol. I guess I'm just boringly straight lmao
I didn’t like it, Malibu was slightly better but on reflection had no real story or plot, I don’t find any of her books have done it for me to be honest 😣

Reactions: 1
I'm around the 1/3rd mark in The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, and I am not loving it to the extent I'd hoped I would... I find myself rolling my eyes a whole lot more than I should...

Also I really don't care for sapphic romances if I'm to be 1000% honest... I don't know if that's a me problem, or not, so I'd love to know if I'm the only one lol. I guess I'm just boringly straight lmao
Just starting Evelyn Hugo!

This is one of my favourite books I’ve ever read

OK i was wrong about stolen I'm at 90% and can't finish it quick enough

Apologies for thinking you were all wrong 😉😉

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Just finished The Therapist by BA Paris - i enjoyed it
I was going to buy it but then talked myself out of it because I keep buying books and I should be buying a house 🤣

I’ve finished the flight. Loved it! I wasn’t expecting the ending at all. So worth 99p!

Have any of you abandoned a book before? I was always taught to carry on books even if I disliked them and I’ve only ever abandoned one book before (Moon Tiger by Penelope Lively), Christ I even read Milkman and that was the worst book ever!
I’m currently reading Bee Keeper of Aleppo and I know it’s an important book but I’m finding it a bit, well the writing is good and then it zones me out. I’ve just finished chapter 3, does it get better?

Reactions: 5
Have any of you abandoned a book before? I was always taught to carry on books even if I disliked them and I’ve only ever abandoned one book before (Moon Tiger by Penelope Lively), Christ I even read Milkman and that was the worst book ever!
I’m currently reading Bee Keeper of Aleppo and I know it’s an important book but I’m finding it a bit, well the writing is good and then it zones me out. I’ve just finished chapter 3, does it get better?
Omg thank you for saying that about Milkman! I had to give up on it too.

Life is too short for reading a book you're not enjoying. I haven't read The Beekeeper of Aleppo but if it's not for you, then this is permission for you to put it down.

• Heart
I couldn’t finish ‘My Year of Rest and Relaxation’ - it was a good book but I was struggling with some mental health stuff and couldn’t handle the content! I’d like to finish it one day.

I agree with @smellsofbiscuits that if it’s not working for you it’s absolutely fine to out it down. Pick up something else you’ve been wanting to read!

• Heart
That Emma Donohue one - The Wonder - pile of 💩 IMO.

Once i abandoned it, i felt a weight had been lifted

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.