Books #5 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any recommendations for a dystopian thriller - lover of Margaret attwood’s handmaids tale 😊
I live that genre. Swansong by Robert Mcamman. Its actually free on Prime which surprised me. Its like the stand but I think better. There is one scene in a supermarket that made me :eek: . I read it years ago and still remember it
Red Hill by Jamie Mcquire is survivor/zombie but concentrates on the group of characters rather than fighting. It's brilliant.

Reactions: 1
I have never read a festive/ Christmas book. Please don't banish me from the thread 😜
GET OUT!!!!!!

btw just Incase anyone hears the nasty rumour I read another Christmas book between yesterday evening and now it’s complete lies and I fully deny it.

ETA Marion Keyes does this as well. Her women become depressed, lose masses of weight and are then incredibly desirable.
Every. Single. Time
I cannot STAND Marion Keyes, grown ups has made me think I won’t bother with any of her books anymore, they’re a struggle to get through and I won’t dare listen to the audiobook version of any Irish authors, it’s like listening to nails on a chalkboard.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Has anyone read One Day in December by Josie Silver? I bought it early in the year but am saving it for the Christmas season.

Also have a few Milly Johnson Christmas books on the shelves too actually. Maybe I should channel @Oohthedrama and start reading them soon...

Reactions: 3
Has anyone read One Day in December by Josie Silver? I bought it early in the year but am saving it for the Christmas season.
I haven't read it but it sounds good. I have added it to my wishlist to try and see if it drops down to 99p. I will probably save it for the Christmas season too.

Reactions: 1
I’ve been to the charity shop this morning and bought 10 books . Should probably concentrate on my existing to be read pile next to the bed, oopsie

• Haha
Reactions: 10
GET OUT!!!!!!

btw just Incase anyone hears the nasty rumour I read another Christmas book between yesterday evening and now it’s complete lies and I fully deny it.

I cannot STAND Marion Keyes, grown ups has made me think I won’t bother with any of her books anymore, they’re a struggle to get through and I won’t dare listen to the audiobook version of any Irish authors, it’s like listening to nails on a chalkboard.
I loved all of Marian Keyes but Grown ups didn't do it for me. It didn't seem like her normal style of writing for some reason

Reactions: 2
I’m currently reading who did you tell but Lesley Kara and it’s much better than I expected

Quite a few bangers on the kindle daily deal list today! Piranesi, The Other Black Girl and Early Morning Riser! Bought Early Morning Riser, I've had my eye on it, it sounds really good! I wonder if the daily deals on weekends are better than on weekdays :unsure: just a theory

Also, finally, a million years after everyone else, I have managed to get my hands on The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo through my library! Might try to read and finish it over the weekend, it feels doable, but it's all based on how much I click with it I guess!

Reactions: 6
Also have a few Milly Johnson Christmas books on the shelves too actually. Maybe I should channel @Oohthedrama and start reading them soon...
I really enjoyed her Christmas book from last year! 😂
and I only read it two weeks ago 😆
and I totally read it over the festive period, last december, not two weeks ago 😐
I read the magnificent mrs mayhew the day before yesterday (I’d previously started it but hadn’t finished it) and my one true north earlier this week and really enjoyed them both.....

I apparently hoard milly Johnson books and hadn't read any of them 🤣

• Haha
Yes, read it last year. It’s very feel good 🥰 I think I probably cried too 😂

I brought the flight for 99p and really enjoying it. I managed to fly through (haha) the first 10% until I fell asleep 😂 once dinner is done and everything is settled I plan to jump straight back in tonight.

Reactions: 4
Quite a few bangers on the kindle daily deal list today! Piranesi, The Other Black Girl and Early Morning Riser! Bought Early Morning Riser, I've had my eye on it, it sounds really good! I wonder if the daily deals on weekends are better than on weekdays :unsure: just a theory
Thanks, I bought The Other Black Girl and Early Morning Riser. My unread books on the Kindle is now 167. I need to step away from this thread.

• Wow
Reactions: 5

Yes I loved it!!! I cried at it

I brought the flight for 99p and really enjoying it. I managed to fly through (haha) the first 10% until I fell asleep 😂 once dinner is done and everything is settled I plan to jump straight back in tonight.
Enjoy your flight 😉

• Haha
It looks as though most of the Karin Slaughter books for Kindle are 99p on Amazon today.

Reactions: 4
It looks as though most of the Karin Slaughter books for Kindle are 99p on Amazon today.
Just bought the first 5 Will Trent series books for 99p.

I am actually addicted. This thread should come with a helpline.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm around the 1/3rd mark in The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, and I am not loving it to the extent I'd hoped I would... I find myself rolling my eyes a whole lot more than I should...

Also I really don't care for sapphic romances if I'm to be 1000% honest... I don't know if that's a me problem, or not, so I'd love to know if I'm the only one lol. I guess I'm just boringly straight lmao

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.