Books #4 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I want to have a job where I can just read all day and get paid my salary without actually doing anything. Just read, post here to say I've read another book then move onto the next one 😂 😂
My job involves running lots of reports that whilst they are running you can't access anything else on the system. So I can't even reply to emails etc as I can't look anything up.

So anyway, the best part of working from home has meant I can read whilst these reports are being run 🙊 in the office I would just have to sit there looking at an egg timer.

Reactions: 10
I want to have a job where I can just read all day and get paid my salary without actually doing anything. Just read, post here to say I've read another book then move onto the next one 😂 😂
Perks of being a teacher on summer holidays 😂 whilst I work hard during term time for my salary, it’s times like now you feel really lucky

Reactions: 10
Unfortunately wasn't for me. I felt like it was trying to be two different books at the same time. It was ok but not one I would rush to recommend.
this book....... is a MESS.
I feel bad I have nothing positive to say, it’s like 4 book ideas in one, relying on a racism theme to get it onto the bestsellers list.
id struggle to give it one star 😩

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I have that job, #sorrynotsorry
Whattt?! What do you do for work? (If you don't mind me asking!)

My job involves running lots of reports that whilst they are running you can't access anything else on the system. So I can't even reply to emails etc as I can't look anything up.

So anyway, the best part of working from home has meant I can read whilst these reports are being run 🙊 in the office I would just have to sit there looking at an egg timer.
I have to admit I am guilty of that. I was thinking the same thing earlier. When I'm quiet I can enjoy tiktok on my phone or my kindle. In the office my down time is going to be torture!

Sign me up 😂
When I find out the dream reading job I will report back so we can apply 😂

Perks of being a teacher on summer holidays 😂 whilst I work hard during term time for my salary, it’s times like now you feel really lucky
I bet! You definitely do work hard and deserve the break. My OH is currently annotating Macbeth ready for next year 😂He wouldn't belong on this thread. Teaches English but reads half a book a year. He is the slowest reader I have ever met!

Reactions: 5
I had a friend that was a proof reader and her work load was *insane*. Like she was expected to finish 500+ page books in a day 👀
That sounds like it would involve work afterwards. Showing where there were errors or not making sense. I literally want to read, think about it, post on tattle and chill 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
That sounds like it would involve work afterwards. Showing where there were errors or not making sense. I literally want to read, think about it, post on tattle and chill 😂
Same. My eldest said to me the other night 'Im gonna just be a youtuber and live in a mansion and do no work when I grow up'

Living the dream 🙈 same child, same. Working for a living isnt for me. No wonder the influencers do it

• Haha
Reactions: 7
will be participating in a booktube readathon this weekend, and i think the choose-your-own-adventure concept is really fun, so i thought i'd share here! not sure if you guys are into this sort of thing, but i like the idea!

you choose your book based on a prompt, and then based on your experience with the book, there is a new prompt for you to follow!

there's 2 other starting places, but i'll just share this one, getting started with my first read now!

Reactions: 3
Are there any good book tubers? I tried Savidge Reads but couldn’t go him at all and a couple of others annoyed me too, can’t remember the names of the accounts.
I find a lot of review accounts rave about every single book and it makes me wonder. I certainly don’t love every book I read. If I didn’t like a book I don’t go tagging the author on social media but still post a review, more for my own records so I remember if I liked a book or not

I picked up Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake yesterday and I'm actually really enjoying it, I'm some half way through the book. Absolutely love the setting and I hope there's some more world-building with everything. There was a bit where I thought it was awfully predictable but that's just YA things, I guess. Though I don't enjoy discrediting YA that much because some books can be very good. The pacing is also sort of slow which is disappointing to an extent

Are there any good book tubers? I tried Savidge Reads but couldn’t go him at all and a couple of others annoyed me too, can’t remember the names of the accounts.
I find a lot of review accounts rave about every single book and it makes me wonder. I certainly don’t love every book I read. If I didn’t like a book I don’t go tagging the author on social media but still post a review, more for my own records so I remember if I liked a book or not
i like Perueproject
Haileyinbookland
booksandlala

they are very different types of readers so you may like one of them

Reactions: 2
i like Drinking By My Shelf! she reads a lot of literary fiction and thrillers too, and i get loads of good recommendations in general from her! i also watch Claire Reads Books, because we have similar taste, but she doesn't post as often as some other booktubers sadly.

Reactions: 1
There’s a booktubers thread here on tattle which has lots of good recommendations (and also discussion of the ones tattlers dislike 😆).

i like Drinking By My Shelf! she reads a lot of literary fiction and thrillers too, and i get loads of good recommendations in general from her! i also watch Claire Reads Books, because we have similar taste, but she doesn't post as often as some other booktubers sadly.
Haha I love her username! Will check her out for sure.

There’s a booktubers thread here on tattle which has lots of good recommendations (and also discussion of the ones tattlers dislike 😆).
Didn’t know about that, thanks! Will have a look.

I just finished The Other Passenger by Louise Candlish and was pleasantly surprised as I quite enjoyed it. I tried Our House by the same author and couldn't get into it so didn't have much hope for this one but made it to the end this time!
I listened to The Other Passenger on audible and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. I was waiting to hear about a job (which I didn’t get) so it was a nice distraction. Have added her others to the wish list.

I loved Where the Crawdads Sing! So beautifully written IMO.
I've got The Appeal on my TBR pile.
Recently read Lisa Jewell's Invisible Girl. I thought it was very good. I've not rated her move into thrillers up to now, but this was good.
Also read Sophie Kinsella's Love Your Life in a few days, which was an easy read and £5 in Asda!
Currently on How to Fail by Elizabeth Day, which I'm enjoying.
I read The Invisible Girl on holiday and loved it. I couldn’t put it down. I’ve read a few of hers and this was my favourite. Look forward to the sequel to The Family Upstairs that’s coming out next year.

Reactions: 7
I started the appeal earlier-
Really don’t want to put it down it’s so good!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.