Books #4 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It took me a little while to get into it, but I absolutely loved this book. One of my faves, I felt so immersed in the story. I was dreaming I was in the marsh for weeks 😂
Me too, absolutely loved it, not necessarily for the storyline but for the scene setting, just beautiful, can't wait for the movie. The audible version kept popping up on my faceook and the woman who reads it has the most perfect voice for this book.

Reactions: 4
An IG account I like (Clumsy Words) really didn't like Crawdads so I haven't picked it up! I think all the hype has also put me off. All I needed was to see one person not like it and I was all 'Yup, great, I don't need to read!'
I only read it because I was able to get it from the library and I knew it was being made into a film so wanted to read it before watching.

I don't often read things that are hyped and WTCS reminded me why!

Reactions: 2
I loved Where the Crawdads Sing! So beautifully written IMO.
I've got The Appeal on my TBR pile.
Recently read Lisa Jewell's Invisible Girl. I thought it was very good. I've not rated her move into thrillers up to now, but this was good.
Also read Sophie Kinsella's Love Your Life in a few days, which was an easy read and £5 in Asda!
Currently on How to Fail by Elizabeth Day, which I'm enjoying.

I felt like an outsider saying I didn’t rate crawdads 🙈 anything with that amount of hype instantly turns me off anyway.

i haven’t been reading many physical books this last week ☹ Read the fixer by Claudia Carroll and it was AWFUL, AWFUL.
and I think since then I’ve not been with it. 😒
but I’m still really enjoying audio, atm I really like listening to old books I read years ago. Chasing Harry Winston and everyone worth knowing by Lauren Weisberger plus (don’t judge 🙈) one of my favourites Christmas at Tiffany’s (not a Christmas book) by Karen Swan which I would recommend to anyone who loves chick lit (The audio version is great as well)

Mostly, because I struggling to pick a new one 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Apparently Our House is going to be turned into an ITV drama so be interesting to see if the tv show is better. I read it back in 2018 and rated it 4/5 but I can’t remember much!

The Skylight is a short story also by Louise Candlish and was a nice easy read.
@nbt ooh I think that could be really good as a tv drama if they do it well 🤞

Where the crawdads sing was a solid 3.5 (when I move away from good reads I’ll appreciate the ability to give half stars.
I’m almost finished with mark Watson contacts, a nice little book.
Lots of solid enjoyable 3* from my kindle
Would like a mind blowingly good book soon though 😂😂

I finished The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo this morning (like you’re all saying with Crawdads, I had been put off slightly by the hype around it but boy was I wrong).

I have never read a book that has wrecked me as much as this has. It’s 100% worth the hype. I thought I’d worked out halfway through how Evelyn and Monique were connected but no, what a shock that was. I absolutely loved it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Isn't there some drama about the authors of Crawdads being accused of murder?
OMG 😱

I’ve finished a couple of books since I last posted an update. Detransition, Baby was the first which was 4.5* for me, although I have mixed feelings about the book I enjoyed the journey. The writing is a bit…indulgent? maybe, but it’s provocative and wonderful but also terrible. I also finished Circe which is fab but not quite as good as The Song of Achilles so only got 4*.

Just started The Grace Year. Only about 20% in but I’m enjoying it so far. Looking forward to finishing work so I can pick it back up.

I felt like an outsider saying I didn’t rate crawdads 🙈 anything with that amount of hype instantly turns me off anyway.

i haven’t been reading many physical books this last week ☹ Read the fixer by Claudia Carroll and it was AWFUL, AWFUL.
and I think since then I’ve not been with it. 😒
but I’m still really enjoying audio, atm I really like listening to old books I read years ago. Chasing Harry Winston and everyone worth knowing by Lauren Weisberger plus (don’t judge 🙈) one of my favourites Christmas at Tiffany’s (not a Christmas book) by Karen Swan which I would recommend to anyone who loves chick lit (The audio version is great as well)

Mostly, because I struggling to pick a new one 🤦‍♀️
I've read and enjoyed loads of Lauren Weisenberger's books. She's got a new one out now.

Reactions: 1
I finished the other black girl today. Next I'm going to read one of the kindle books I brought ages ago.
Either Confessions on the 7:45 or Bullet train.

Reactions: 2
I want to have a job where I can just read all day and get paid my salary without actually doing anything. Just read, post here to say I've read another book then move onto the next one 😂 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.