Books #4 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok drumroll please!

I've gotten my thinking cap on and come up with a rough structure for Tattle's Inaugural Readathon. It's taking place over the August Bank Holiday weekend and you can take part in as much or as little as you like. I've mixed in prompts and some games too. Happy to do a quiz if enough people are interested - I bloody love a book quiz!

Day 1

Introduce yourself!

Hello my name is....

I plan to read...... during the readathon

The last book I read was...

My favourite book as a child was....

My favourite book as a teenager was.....

My favourite book now is.....

2 x reading sprints with specific times (these can run each day - more on these below.).

End of day check in - pages read, coffee drunk, change of goals tomorrow? (can do this at the end of each day - no pressure!)

Day 2

Three books that sum up me....

Turn to page 42 in your current read. Share the first line with us. Can anyone guess where it's from?

Which book would you like to live in and why?

Day 3

Show us a photo of your bookmark/ebook reader cover/associated reading paraphernalia

Tell us about the book(s) this thread has inspired you to read.

READING SPRINTS

These are designed to get you reading within a set time frame. Everyone closes Tattle 😉, picks up their reading material and just reads for 15 minutes, half an hour or whatever time frame we agree upon. You can report back with how much you've read, beverages/snacks consumed etc. They seem to be quite keen on stats in the readathon community and I quite like that myself 🤣

Happy to take feedback, suggestions and comments re the plans.

Yay, how exciting! Like stated above, i'm already thinking about what I'll read! Thanks so much for planning all of this out ❤

Also, just finished Becoming by Michelle Obama on audiobook, and it was such a pleasant listening experience! It took me a little while to get engrossed in it (largely took me increasing the speed to 3x to have the words flow at the right rate for me), but once I did, it more than payed off, plus it kept me from listening to the same podcasts again and again while cooking/cleaning and whatnot. May just be converted to the audiobook loving world now!

About 150 pages into the Master and Margarita, and I've been laughing a lot, but not having as much fun with The Stranger in the Dower House, which by now (50% mark) is slightly boring me. Been thinking of DNFing, but I might just give it a little more time to pick up again!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Ok drumroll please!

I've gotten my thinking cap on and come up with a rough structure for Tattle's Inaugural Readathon. It's taking place over the August Bank Holiday weekend and you can take part in as much or as little as you like. I've mixed in prompts and some games too. Happy to do a quiz if enough people are interested - I bloody love a book quiz!

Day 1

Introduce yourself!

Hello my name is....

I plan to read...... during the readathon

The last book I read was...

My favourite book as a child was....

My favourite book as a teenager was.....

My favourite book now is.....

2 x reading sprints with specific times (these can run each day - more on these below.).

End of day check in - pages read, coffee drunk, change of goals tomorrow? (can do this at the end of each day - no pressure!)

Day 2

Three books that sum up me....

Turn to page 42 in your current read. Share the first line with us. Can anyone guess where it's from?

Which book would you like to live in and why?

Day 3

Show us a photo of your bookmark/ebook reader cover/associated reading paraphernalia

Tell us about the book(s) this thread has inspired you to read.

READING SPRINTS

These are designed to get you reading within a set time frame. Everyone closes Tattle 😉, picks up their reading material and just reads for 15 minutes, half an hour or whatever time frame we agree upon. You can report back with how much you've read, beverages/snacks consumed etc. They seem to be quite keen on stats in the readathon community and I quite like that myself 🤣

Happy to take feedback, suggestions and comments re the plans.

this is brilliant biscuits!
this is locked for now but we can decide if we want to do a sub-thread to keep it separate from all of our regular book chats on here which I love ❤😌
it might get messy if not.
But we can decide closer to the time.

Reactions: 9
Awww @Oohthedrama thank you so much. I wasn't sure about requesting a separate thread but it makes a lot of sense 😊

Now I just have to have a think how a book quiz might work 🤔

Reactions: 5
Ooh I’m away bank hol weekend but will try dip in and out if I get chance! Definitely up for it another time too!
Just to let you all know the Hostage by Clare mackintosh is 99p on kindle today….been waiting for it to come down in price for so long!

Reactions: 5
Jesus, I tried to read adults by Emma Jane Unsworth.
nope, not a chance in hell im subjecting myself to that rubbish.
I HATE PICKING NEW BOOKS 😩😩😩😩😩
I gave up on this too. I just didn't like it.

this is brilliant biscuits!
this is locked for now but we can decide if we want to do a sub-thread to keep it separate from all of our regular book chats on here which I love ❤😌
it might get messy if not.
But we can decide closer to the time.

oooooh can I join the readathon?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Very excited for this readathon. Have posted the link in the booktubers thread, in case anyone there wants to get involved too :)

Reactions: 1
Hi, I’m Cass, I have far too many books in my TBR pile and no motivation to start them but will happily buy a new book or two everytime I go into a charity shop :giggle:

I’m currently trying to read House of Leaves again. Last time I read it it gave me nightmares for months.

Reactions: 8
I'm thinking of doing a "self improvement september" and making a big dent in all the non-fiction and self help books on my tbr!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Picked up 'The Last Mrs Parrish' late last night, and just finished it now. The first time in months that I finished a book in a day! It was quite an entertaining read, kept me glued to my ereader for hours. I rarely ever read thrillers, but honestly, that may change now! Another one I wanted to read was 'The Secrets of Us', which is 99p on amazon right now. Bought it, and I'm tempted to started tonight!

Also bought two very hyped books that were also 99p - 'Normal People', and 'The Silent Patient' - hoping to get to them soon. I have such little control when on the kindle book deals page... 😅

Reactions: 6
Picked up 'The Last Mrs Parrish' late last night, and just finished it now. The first time in months that I finished a book in a day! It was quite an entertaining read, kept me glued to my ereader for hours. I rarely ever read thrillers, but honestly, that may change now! Another one I wanted to read was 'The Secrets of Us', which is 99p on amazon right now. Bought it, and I'm tempted to started tonight!

Also bought two very hyped books that were also 99p - 'Normal People', and 'The Silent Patient' - hoping to get to them soon. I have such little control when on the kindle book deals page... 😅
I could not get into Normal People at all! I have read something by Beth O’Leary, The Flatshare, I think. I quite enjoyed it as I needed something I did not have to focus too hard on.
When is the Bank Holiday Weekend, please? I am in France so not sure when it is. Hope it’s not this coming weekend (21st and 22nd of August), as my brother is getting married and it’s three days of events ( civil/legal ceremony followed by a picnic on the 20th, the more religious ceremony on the Saturday, followed by traditional dinner and dancing, then a brunch on Sunday)!

Reactions: 4
Has anyone read You and Me on Vacation by Emily Henry?

It’s on my bookcase (along with at least 200 other unread books 🥲) I gave up with Beach Read, I just couldn’t get in to it. Wondering if this one is any better?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I could not get into Normal People at all! I have read something by Beth O’Leary, The Flatshare, I think. I quite enjoyed it as I needed something I did not have to focus too hard on.
When is the Bank Holiday Weekend, please? I am in France so not sure when it is. Hope it’s not this coming weekend (21st and 22nd of August), as my brother is getting married and it’s three days of events ( civil/legal ceremony followed by a picnic on the 20th, the more religious ceremony on the Saturday, followed by traditional dinner and dancing, then a brunch on Sunday)!
It's the weekend following that! The weekend of 28th/29th and Monday 30th is the actual bank holiday

And that's a shame about Normal People! It's not something that I'd usually pick, so I am just giving it a go to see if it's worth all of the hype it got. The Silent Patient does seem genuinely interesting to me though

Reactions: 1
It's the weekend following that! The weekend of 28th/29th and Monday 30th is the actual bank holiday

And that's a shame about Normal People! It's not something that I'd usually pick, so I am just giving it a go to see if it's worth all of the hype it got. The Silent Patient does seem genuinely interesting to me though
Brilliant, thank you! I will be back at work by then, but will probably be able to get a bit of reading done! I read like a TGV train, apparently: fast and don’t stop often!

I liked The Silent Patient!
So did I! I thought the twist was pretty well done.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.