Books #4 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is Barack Obama’s book so heavy and awkward to read, I’ve started it but can’t do the usual stints I would because it’s so awkward to hold
I have this too and am yet to start, the length is so daunting 😂 how are you finding it? I read Michelle Obama's last year and enjoyed that.

Reactions: 1
I have this too and am yet to start, the length is so daunting 😂 how are you finding it? I read Michelle Obama's last year and enjoyed that.
Not too bad, apparently he’s doing another one from his presidency so you can tell it’s building, it’s fine but nothing special yet

Reactions: 2
I've finished "The end of men" now. I started it yesterday evening and definitely felt gripped by it. I would recommend it for anyone who enjoys this sort of genre. That is book number 30 for the year. And to think my original aim was 12 😂
My kindle is on charge and Love Island isn't far away so I think the next read will be tomorrow at the earliest.

Why is Barack Obama’s book so heavy and awkward to read, I’ve started it but can’t do the usual stints I would because it’s so awkward to hold
This is why I struggled with hardbacks. I just don't find them comfortable to read whatsoever!

• Heart
I adored The End of Men (although reading about a pandemic in a pandemic makes you feel like a glutton for punishment).

I’ve just bought Three Hours by Rosamund Lupton which I think will be my next read. Anyone read it?

Reactions: 4
Recently finished A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara. WOW loved it ❤😩

Storming through What She Knew now and enjoying it so far! 😌

I really liked Three Hours. I felt so anxious the whole time I was reading it though.

I’ve got this on my kindle and have been saving it for when I’m next off work 😂 I’m not sure I’m ready for it
II'm preparing myself for this. I think I need to be in the right frame of mind for it and I'm not ready for it yet.

Hi all. Have been watching this thread for a while.. so 1st off big thank you, some of the recommendations from this thread got me out of my reading funk of.. years lol.
So far finished:

Snowflake Louise Nelson 2021. (3/5. I was disappointed, even as a irish woman I can't big it up im afraid...)
Worst Idea Ever Jane Fallon- Audio (3/5- easy listening)
1. Good Girl Bad Girl
2 When She Was Good Michael Robotham. Both 5/5 loved them.

Currently reading The Seven sisters by Lucinda Riley. About half way so... il stick it out but not loving it.

Can anyone who has read Michael Robothams books recommend another author with similar style/genre? Must be my mood but finding them great. Have read all the Lee Child series too. Those pesky audible credits are precious. Already been told I can't do anymore returns 🤣🤣

Currently reading book 2 of A Court of Thorn and Roses by Sarah J Maas (A court of Mist and Fury). I tend to miss super popular books as they are so hyped about it puts me off and I’m reluctant to follow the hype train, but I was given the first book so read it. Was so put off when I learned it was loosely based on beauty and the beast but honestly it’s it’s own story. I’d recommend, especially if you like fantasy/love stories.

Omg yay! I had no idea this thread was a thing! i am glad to have seen it! I love to share my excitement about books, especially because i feel like only other readers will understand that thrill of getting a new book in the post (and also because there comes a point where I can't keep rambling to my sister about how nice this specific edition of a classic is, and how much I want even more books, despite needing to get through the ones I've already got)

I am currently reading Crime and Punishment, and I'm about 70% of the way in, and have been enjoying myself a lot with it! I am also reading The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman, which I haven't been dipping into as much, and am only around 20 pages in.

My book buying has been kind of out of control lately, but that and reading are pretty much my only source of dopamine right now, so my bank account will have to forgive me~ ✨

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I started The Passengers by John Marrs last night. Two chapters in and loving it! Looking forward to my lunch break today so I can get some more read.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I started The Passengers by John Marrs last night. Two chapters in and loving it! Looking forward to my lunch break today so I can get some more read.
I really enjoyed this one too! He’s got a new one out called the vacation that I’m eyeing up!

Reactions: 3
I'm reading Disclaimer by Renee Knight at the moment. Somewhat interesting and engaging writing style plus slight clues that don't stand out when you're reading until later BUT:

I got to the part where it's revealed what the book is about and the husband gets upset about it all. It's so... stupid. That's honestly all I can say. I got mad enough to further read spoilers on what the actual 'twist' is and even that just seems really underwhelming, though I'm going to push through the book for the sake of it.

It just feels like the author took a very simple premise and didn't do much with it to me idk

I decided to try out this new series (since I have kindle unlimited) and I'm hooked after finishing the first one last night. It had some harrowing scenes at times but I was impressed with the storyline and the few twists /cliffhanger at the end of a few chapters increased my interest.
Screenshot_20210630_222408_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.