Books #4 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A new thread!
I've got two books on the go at the moment:
A collection of short stories from Curtis Sittenfeld called You Think It, I'll Say It, and Keeping Mum by James Gould Bourn, which is The Feelgood Book Club book for June.
Really enjoying both.

Reactions: 3
Right, husband and child are out so I have about an hour to myself. Head down, time to get Her Last Breath done and dusted and out of the way so I can start an actually good book! I speed read from 80-90% last night, now the last 10% to go! Come on, come on!

And I’m done! Time now to get myself into What She Knew.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Recommendations for feel good books? I'm planning on placing an Amazon book order this afternoon so would be appreciated.

I usually read a lot of crime fiction books but not really in the mood for them recently.

Reactions: 1
Recommendations for feel good books? I'm planning on placing an Amazon book order this afternoon so would be appreciated.

I usually read a lot of crime fiction books but not really in the mood for them recently.
If you like romance with a bit of sexy I really rate Helen Hoangs books, I always found romance very boring until I read her books they made me so happy and excited. Can’t wait for her third one to come out at the end of the summer 🥰 there’s the kiss quotient and the bride test, loved them both

• Heart
If you like romance with a bit of sexy I really rate Helen Hoangs books, I always found romance very boring until I read her books they made me so happy and excited. Can’t wait for her third one to come out at the end of the summer 🥰 there’s the kiss quotient and the bride test, loved them both
Thank you I've had a look at both books and I like the sound of them so I've added them into my basket. x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
@Hope96 I have enjoyed this when I need a bit of a pick me up -

The World at my Feet by Catherine Isaac
Saving Missy by Beth Morrey
Days of Wonder by Keith Stuart

• Heart
@Hope96 I have enjoyed this when I need a bit of a pick me up -

The World at my Feet by Catherine Isaac
Saving Missy by Beth Morrey
Days of Wonder by Keith Stuart
Thank you I've added the first two recommendations into my basket so I'll let you know how I get on. I'll look at ordering the third book in a few weeks time. 😊

Finished The Hunting Party, actually quite enjoyed it in the end but I think maybe I had quite low expectations as I hadn’t seen many great reviews.

Now 30% through The Mothers by Brit Bennett. It’s different to what I expected actually, don’t think I knew what it was really about but seems good so far.

Reactions: 3
Someone mentioned The Cancer Ladies' Running Club by Josie Lloyd. I got it in Tesco today and going to start it now.

Thank you for the recommendation of What She Knew! I’m 33% in and gripped! It’s miles better than the last book I read and although my eyes are shutting and I’m desperate for sleep, I need to know what happens!

Thank you for the recommendation of What She Knew! I’m 33% in and gripped! It’s miles better than the last book I read and although my eyes are shutting and I’m desperate for sleep, I need to know what happens!
YEAY!!!
I’m so glad when I don’t recommend an awful book 🙈 it’s the fear!!! 😂

Reactions: 4
Just finished reading What She Knew and really enjoyed it. I gave it 4/5 on Goodreads.

I've finished Every vow you break by Peter Swanson. Not one I would rush to recommend. Perhaps 2.5 out of 5. I felt like some of it was predictable and felt very rushed at the end. I'm glad it was reduced to less than £2. Such a shame as I have loved some of his other books! It was book 29 of the year. I have lots of exciting choices thanks to the Amazon deal (buy £15 of kindle books and get £5 credit).

Im struggling to get into What She Knew. Only at 20%. Does it pick up a bit?
no it doesn’t 😂 we all hated it.
jokes,
I think people like different things, it’s why it’s hard when recommending something and why I usually stay away from doing it 😂

no it doesn’t 😂 we all hated it.
jokes,
I think people like different things, it’s why it’s hard when recommending something and why I usually stay away from doing it 😂
I will persevere because I always do. Ive not been in a read-y mood so its probably not helped. Im also listening to American Dirt which I am really enjoying so maybe its that.

I've started "The end of men" by Christina Sweeney-Baird. It is about a virus that only kills men and was written before Covid. Has anyone else read this yet?

Im struggling to get into What She Knew. Only at 20%. Does it pick up a bit?
I was the same. Gave up at 22% 🙁 I will go back to it at some point, to see if it was my frame of mind at the time I was reading the book. If not then perhaps it just wasn’t for me. Never mind.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.