Books #4 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For fans of Louise Candlish, I’m reading her short story “The Skylight”. Only takes about an hour to read!

It’s 99p on kindle or I saw it in Asda too for £1.

I’ve been in a bit of a reading slump recently so been dipping into easy reading chick lit.

About to start They Both Die At The End by Adam Silvera and a bit apprehensive about how sad it’s going to be.

Reactions: 1
I’ve been in a bit of a reading slump recently so been dipping into easy reading chick lit.

About to start They Both Die At The End by Adam Silvera and a bit apprehensive about how sad it’s going to be.
I really enjoyed that book! I can’t remember the ins and outs now but I remember strongly recommending to someone afterwards so I clearly enjoyed it. I also enjoyed More Happy Than Not and What If It’s Us by the same author.

I'm about 20% of the way through Our House by Louise Candlish and not sure what I think yet. It's enjoyable enough I suppose but I'm getting through it quite slowly because it's not gripped me yet so I'm not staying up late every night reading dying to find out what happened like the last couple of books I read.

I'm about 20% of the way through Our House by Louise Candlish and not sure what I think yet. It's enjoyable enough I suppose but I'm getting through it quite slowly because it's not gripped me yet so I'm not staying up late every night reading dying to find out what happened like the last couple of books I read.
I don’t really get on with her books, no idea why I just find I never enjoy them when others do.

Just finished What She Knew! Loved it!! I was gripped from the first page. I was quite thankful that whatever Euros match was on last night (I hate football) went on and on, as the longer my husband watched that, the longer I read my book for. I even fell asleep with my phone in my hand as I read much later than I would normally. Finished work early today so I could make use of the empty house to get it finished.

I think I need something quite light next as I’ve had a run of heavy stuff recently. Off to have a spy on Amazon now.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm really into my latest book. I'm on 56% already! I also took advantage of the Euros match lasting forever so I read for a it last night before Love Island. I've had a quiet work day so I'm tempted to get into bed and read a bit before everyone gets home but I know I will fall asleep 😂 .

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Just finished What She Knew! Loved it!! I was gripped from the first page. I was quite thankful that whatever Euros match was on last night (I hate football) went on and on, as the longer my husband watched that, the longer I read my book for. I even fell asleep with my phone in my hand as I read much later than I would normally. Finished work early today so I could make use of the empty house to get it finished.

I think I need something quite light next as I’ve had a run of heavy stuff recently. Off to have a spy on Amazon now.
phew 🙈 I was having the guilts 😂😂😂

Reactions: 2
Just me whos not been able to read as much because Ive been glued to the Euros? :eek:
Its definitely not me that’s for sure. I can’t stand football - actually contemplating working some extra hours tonight upstairs and out the way of the to avoid it. That or sitting reading in bed anyways.

I MISS READING. Going to get back to it this week. It been weeks since I picked up a book. Don’t know whether to give up on the book I was reading and start something new, or try it again.

Reactions: 6
I MISS READING. Going to get back to it this week. It been weeks since I picked up a book. Don’t know whether to give up on the book I was reading and start something new, or try it again.
Start something new!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Why is Barack Obama’s book so heavy and awkward to read, I’ve started it but can’t do the usual stints I would because it’s so awkward to hold

To me, the euros are a currency. 😂

Why is Barack Obama’s book so heavy and awkward to read, I’ve started it but can’t do the usual stints I would because it’s so awkward to hold
I also hate reading hardbacks with sleeves 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.