Books #4 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone read The Push by Ashley Audrain? I bought it back in June but I haven’t had time to start it, lots of people recommended it to me and it does look good!

Reactions: 1
Has anyone read The Push by Ashley Audrain? I bought it back in June but I haven’t had time to start it, lots of people recommended it to me and it does look good!
I think a lot of us have read this one. It is a good book, but it is one that will stamp all over your heart - it is a heavy read. But despite that one I really enjoyed.

Reactions: 2
I think a lot of us have read this one. It is a good book, but it is one that will stamp all over your heart - it is a heavy read. But despite that one I really enjoyed.
I’ve been told this! As a mother myself I’m slightly wary but I do love books that are gripping and heavy. Think I’ll definitely make a start tonight!!

I’ve been told this! As a mother myself I’m slightly wary but I do love books that are gripping and heavy. Think I’ll definitely make a start tonight!!
go back on the earlier threads and we all pretty much read it together. ❤❤

I saw this on Amazon for 99p the other day and pounced, didn't even read the blip 😂 Really like Karen Swan.
i love her, her Christmas titled books are great, and never overly Christmassay, most are just based around winter time at one point in the book 😂

Last edited:
I still need to read The Push. I read the wrong bloody one didn’t I? 🙄😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Just finished For The Love of Friends that I picked as my Amazon first read this month and I absolutely loved it! I’ve binged it in two days while juggling a 2 year old in isolation - thank god for Netflix and Peppa Pig trances! I don’t ever really read “chick lit” type books but the premise of this one drew me in more than any of the other free choices this month.

The story is about a woman who ends up being a bridesmaid in 5 weddings over the course of 2 months and with 5 brides and 5 bridal parties I did occasionally get myself mixed up with who was who but it didn’t taint my enjoyment at all. If you want a really easy and fun read then give it a go.

I’ve finally downloaded The Push as my next read! Going in …

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Verity by Colleen Hoover is 99p on today’s kindle deal, I think a few people have mentioned it on this thread. I’ve just downloaded.

• Heart
Verity by Colleen Hoover is 99p on today’s kindle deal, I think a few people have mentioned it on this thread. I’ve just downloaded.
Damn!!! I paid full price for it.

I started A Glasgow Kiss yesterday. Nearly finished it. A funny wee read, not a literary master piece by any manner of means but light hearted.

@Caffeine Fiend My mate had to stop reading it as some of the sex scenes were super cringe??

Making my way through Mix Tape after a false start and thoroughly enjoying it. Need to check to see if someone has made a playlist on Spotify. Love it when books come with a playlist.

Does anyone do BookTok? Bit unimpressed so far as it seems to be a lot of teenagers talking about fantasy fic. Nothing wrong with that but not what I'm looking for.

This morning I had this article pop up. It seems really interesting and I have been so gutted I didn't get to go on holiday to the states last year and probably won't this year.

Sharing in case it inspires anyone else :)

• Heart
finished the Half Sister by Sadi Jones at 6.10am 😂

I didn’t dislike it, it was a good enough plot, just felt a bit half arsed,

half sister who turns up after father’s death, not knowing he’s dead...... now..... that’s gonna go into a far longer plot I won’t spoil.
But the thing that got to me was the half arsed sub stories, a bit of domestic emotional abuse with stressed wife/mother of young kids looking elsewhere with an ex who’s just come back on the scene, second sister, the one who’s successful in career and life struggling with fertility issues, the mother of both with her own story line connected to half sister, all strong topics on there own thrown into one book and not giving enough of a story to really be needed, it also felt like they were just there to be there, like fillers were thrown in so the author could go to the editor and say BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE! In order to get the book plot passed, maybe I’m just being too critical 😂 but it took from it, I don’t want abuse, half sister, lying parents, sibling jealousy, cheating and fertility issues in one book, it’s not necessary.
It was ok 🤷‍♀️

I can highly recommend the DCI Jack Logan series of books by JD Kirk which is a pen name for Barry Hutchison a Fort William native. All the books are set in the Highlands and if you know the area all the places are real even JJs cafe. A mix of grisly murders and laugh out loud moments and characters you really care about. There are 12 books so far the 12th not in print yet, It’s not taken me over one day reading any of the books absolutely unputdownable, ye I know that’s not a real word 😂

Reactions: 3
Just downloaded this audiobook.

anyone read it?

The Second Marriage is Gill Paul’s epic historical fiction account of two of most iconic women of the 1950s and 60s and their lives, loves and tribulations along with the one man who connected them both: wealthy Greek shipping magnate Aristotle “Ari” Onassis. Alternating chapters between Jackie Kennedy and Maria Callas, spanning two decades and chronicling the major events in the love triangle along with drilling down into their supposedly infamous rivalry, it should be remembered that this is historical fiction, albeit informed by fact. A fascinating snapshot of a remarkable period of time and gloriously readable this is a novel and not an autobiography and Paul’s story leaves the reader to make their own judgements and steers clear of damming the ambitious man who arguably treated both women with less respect than due.

I've recently discovered Mike Gayle and loving his books - I read The Man I think I know in less than a day and All the lonely people the other month.

I read all of the YA The Spinster Club Series by Holly Bourne over the weekend too.

I've started on The Frequency of Us - Keith Stuart.

And just got Verity for 99p thanks to here :)

I've recently discovered Mike Gayle and loving his books - I read The Man I think I know in less than a day and All the lonely people the other month.
see I didn’t like half the world away
Anyone else like this where because they read one book by an author and they’re not keen on it avoid the author? 🤣

Reactions: 3
see I didn’t like half the world away
Anyone else like this where because they read one book by an author and they’re not keen on it avoid the author? 🤣
I did that with Holly Bourne at first.. wasn't completely won over by How Do you like me now.. but I gave her another chance. I am sure I have with others but can't think who else now 🤣

I can highly recommend the DCI Jack Logan series of books by JD Kirk which is a pen name for Barry Hutchison a Fort William native. All the books are set in the Highlands and if you know the area all the places are real even JJs cafe. A mix of grisly murders and laugh out loud moments and characters you really care about. There are 12 books so far the 12th not in print yet, It’s not taken me over one day reading any of the books absolutely unputdownable, ye I know that’s not a real word 😂
What have you done 🤪 they're all available on kindle unlimited which I have free for another 2 months. I've downloaded the first book to add to the other 90+ books already on my TBR pile 🤣🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.