Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Oh no 🙈 I usually do pre orders with these double stamps offers but Im not convinced they add them on properly. I spoke to them and they said they have but Im honestly not sure.

So may need to just order some books now.

Reactions: 1

Pinkii

VIP Member
Missed the new thread somehow.

in between reading crescent city, i’m listening to no hard feelings genevieve novak.

really enjoying it actually. Just started listening to it on a whim but reminds me a lot of me in my 20’s

CommentBelow

Yeah, I just don't get how she's gotten so massive. I liked TLH well enough but a masterpiece romance it was not and then she just keeps repeating the same main plotpoints.

With Bride I found the lead female character a bit better but she was still described as weak and needing protection and really, Ali. Some women don't need that and we still want and deserve love 😂
I don’t understand either! When I read the one after TLH (Love something?!) I thought I was reading the same book again.

cill2019

VIP Member
I got a £35 Amazon voucher this morning so was excited to spend it on deals. But, I own or have read the majority I would want so not buying anything.

I might use my voucher for a Kindle stand and clicker. The idea of not having to hold it in bed is very appealing!
I bought a clicker on TikTok the other day 🤣 I can’t wait for it to arrive
---
I bought 10 today, 6 were on my wish list reduced to 99p, 1 was on prime reading (free so I guess I only bought 9) and I am now following thestory.edit on insta thanks to @Thatsnotmyname123 and bought 3 that she put on there under June kindle deals. Need to get reading!

Bought mine a couple of weeks ago and love it! My clicker doesn’t open for enough to work when my kindle is in its case but I don’t mind that when it’s in the stand. I have used it a lot, I love not holding it or having to rest it on my knees when I’m in bed.
I’m worried mine won’t work in my case but we’ll see when it arrives

ToxicPony

Chatty Member
Anyone got any recommendations for a good crime thriller series? Looking for something along the lines of Cara Hunter, gripping, not excessively dark but not cosy.
--

Anyone got any recommendations for a good crime thriller series? Looking for something along the lines of Cara Hunter, gripping, not excessively dark but not cosy.
--
Chelsea Cain has the Gretchen Lowell series.
I also enjoy the Robert Crais, Pike & Elvis series.
If you can find his books then J A Kerley has a great Carson Ryder series.
Lisa Gardner has a couple of different series that I enjoy
Jeff Abbot also has the Sam Capra series which is great.
And then I also enjoy the Gregg Hurwitz, Orphan series 😊

Raych23

ooh that one is on my list, I read The Sisters years ago and recall enjoying it. I also have Local Girl Missing on the shelf and her new one, The Wrong Sister, is out later this year and sounds really good!
The Wrong Sister came out in March, I really enjoyed it!

Ding

VIP Member
I got the ARC on netgalley and i seemed to have similar thoughts!
“I made it a third through before deciding to do myself a kindness and stop! Reads like YA and just nothing terribly engaging or compelling about the characters”
Glad it's not just me! I'm still trying to get through it.

• Heart

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I've just finished the first Inspector Morse novel on audio, I really enjoyed it. I like the series and so I wanted to give the book a go.

• Heart
I finished Big Little Lies yesterday (late to the party) and it was pretty good, not a fave but I liked it. Are any of her other books worth a look?

Moved onto The Trial by Rob Rinder now
Yeah I like most of her novels! Went on the full spree after the first one. I like the voice of the lady that does all her audiobooks too - posh Australian I think! I found the Hypnotist’s Love Story a bit slow, and Nine Perfect Strangers wasn’t good at all, imho.

katesbess

VIP Member
I’m trying to reduce my holiday book TBR to pack.. I keep removing Still Life or Song of Achilles then putting them back 🫣 I’ve also added a Boys of Tommen…
Shall I just unpack some of my husbands clothes and take them all?!
I've just borrowed these from libby. So win win as noone needs to lose any clothes from the suitcase lol.

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
I think this might be the series my work colleague was talking about once, she said it was about sisters and that the author died and someone was going to finish her last book? I never checked it out, she told me last year and I forgot all about it. I'm glad you get to read the last book soon. It does make me nervous about other series's where the author could die without finishing it :oops: Like when you know a book series has multiple books planned but they've only released a few so far, it makes me a bit like ooooooh I hope you've sketched out your plot of a document and shared it with family for safe keeping...
It's the stuff of nightmares I tell you! 😬

Mamacita

VIP Member
Just finished another amazing read by Lucinda Riley - The Pearl Sister.
I loved the twists, but was annoyed that I didn't get to find out if the B****** got his come uppance in the end. Maybe I'll find out in the final book in the series. 🤔
You have a few more to go, I finished listening to the series not that long ago!

biscuitthief

As the pages were running out and there was still so much to be explained/unravelled I started panicking that I'd never find out. I got to the last page and still so much was unknown. 😲😬
I am SOOO excited for you to read Atlas - the Story of Pa Salt. Its a long one but I simply adored it. I devoured it in 2 days.

• Heart

slugella

VIP Member
Aah, I’m tempted! Not sure why I haven’t book tbh, maybe assumed I’d be taking a child’s spot forgetting this isn’t for pre-teens lol.
---

I was really disappointed by this, I thought the concept was great but it didn’t deliver for me.
Ahh this is disappointing as it's a good idea!

I'm currently reading You Belong With Me by Mhairi McFarlane, the sequel to Mad About You. So far it's fine but not captured me like her others have, but enjoying it enough to keep going so hopefully it picks up!

Then next I have Just for the Summer by Abby Jiminez. Loved the first two in the series (I don't know if it's officially a series as think you can read them as stand alones but some characters are the same).