Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

cherrymoon

Chatty Member
I started reading let the right one in a few days ago but haven’t picked it since, I’ve become obsessed with watching house 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 1

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Bridgerton books, yay or nay? I keep seeing comments on Facebook posts about the Netflix series where people are saying the books do things differently. Has anyone here read the Bridgerton books and are they worth adding to the TBR pile?

CommentBelow

Anyone chose their book from Prime this month? I had a quick look this morning and am quite underwhelmed with the selection.
I usually forget but just had a look and saw When the Moon Hatched which is quite hyped so was surprised to see it on Prime!

JLXRD

VIP Member
I got 15% into Black Dahlia and gave up and DNFd which I never do but the whole 1950s boxing cop stuff was just boring me and I could tell I wasn’t going to enjoy it so I cba with a slog putting me into a reading slump.

Moved onto If You Tell by Gregg Olsen

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I've ordered the ACOTAR paperback boxset after reading the first book in Kindle and loving it. It make me raise an eyebrow when I saw how the fourth book is really thin compared to the fifth, like is the plot in that one somehow less involved? I am going to start Mist and Fury this week.
it’s honestly more of a novella than a novel - and should really have been a prequel rather than a standalone book. it’s basically the characters having a christmas adventure and your enjoyment of it will be fully dependent on how much you like feyre and rhys because my god.

you could honestly skip it and not miss much, there’s not really much plot development at all. but i read it mainly for completion’s sake 🤣
---
But we ‘loved’ Feyre’s art 😂😂🤣
since someone (@capriallie maybe?) posted those memes last thread it’s all i think about whenever feyre is mentioned 🤣🤣

• Haha

Carapop

VIP Member
So I've finished The Ministry of Time and I was so whelmed by it. It just left me feeling so indifferent. It was fine. Not awful. Not great. But it just didn't hold my attention the way I thought it would based on the synopsis. ⭐⭐⭐ Pure average.
Awh I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy it, I was quite taken by it! Not even a little swoon worthy?

daisynoon

Chatty Member
I have just started, or should I say truthfully, gobbled down, the first 124 pages of the first in the Lucinda Riley Seven Sisters series, that was recommended on here.
I'm really enjoying it and feel that I'm getting my teeth into something satisfying, which I've not felt for a few weeks. 😋
Life has been very strange and intense lately so it has been lovely to escape into a good book.
I know this may sound a bit loopy, but I sometimes get the gut feeling that I was meant to read certain things.
This feeling can be quite cathartic when I read something that speaks volumes to me. It's like there are messages from the universe in some books designed to help you in some way.....
Even things I've read on Tattle itself. Some stray or random comment, dropped by a Tattler has changed my life immeasurably.
So much so that when I get round to it, I must copy down some words I read in a book, that I'm sure will have great meaning to at least one person on Tattle.
So you can probably understand why I had to try really hard not to freak out yesterday when I overheard a conversation about my major book source (library) closing.
Luckily as I further eavesdropped it sounded like it was just for building work and not permanent (phew!!!). Hopefully they'll extend the reading time so I can get through the large number of books - quite a lot recommended - that are about to descend on me.
Naturally it is not my fault, but that of those pesky Tattlers tormenting me, by recommending books and new genres, that take me on yet another voyage of discovery. 📖😁
I love it when you read a book at exactly the right time!

Hope your library doesn't take too long with the renovations ♥

nbt

VIP Member
I’ve done it, thank you. I had a different kindle email address saved 🤦🏼‍♀️

I’m about 2/3 of the way through The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah. I love her books but oh my God I wish she’d give her characters a break. A happy ending here and there wouldn’t go amiss!

Ding

VIP Member

I finished It Ends at Midnight earlier this week and felt so let down. It was dreadful.
Same. I read Blood Orange last month and loved it, so went straight on to It Ends At Midnight expecting it be as good but really struggled to get through it.

nbt

VIP Member
Amazing! 🥳 Let me know what you think of it.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed but my NetGalley list is huge again. 😣
Fingers crossed for you 🤞🏻 I’ve only ever had the KL Slater book last week which was a free for all, so I’m very pleasantly surprised!

• Heart

tp1986

I've just finished the new Ali Hazelwood and I'm so disappointed with it. I'm a big fangirl (STEM romances tick all my boxes!) but this one just did not grab me. She did put a warning in the book saying it's not her typical story and it's more of an erotic romance but I Iike that genre well enough so I don't think that was it.... gutted anyway... it's always so sad when you look forward to a book and it just doesn't land with you.

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Has anyone read the new Harriet Tyce book? I loved Blood Orange but have found her books since to be meh.
I read It Ends At Midnight recently, which I found a bit ridiculous and not great. Blood Orange is on my TBR, I hope it lives up to the reviews.

Hannahebee

VIP Member
i really liked the promise too! it’s a mad plot, but i remember it just being very readable/dramatic. i need to see if i still have it because this is making me want to reread it 🤣
Yep, I liked it due to it's dramatic nature and it was so hard to put down because of this. One things for sure it is definitely better than some of her other books that I have read.

• Heart
@inwonderland And @stepheany you would particularly recommend?

I am a huge HP fan but have never read any fan fiction!
Draco/Hermione is what I'm reading at the moment (used to be Harry/Draco many years ago so can recommend there too if interested)

Manacled by SenLinYu is the first that comes to mind - being pulled offline at the end of year as a version is being traditionally published.

I'll be back with more!

• Heart