Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

cill2019

VIP Member
Reading took a bit of a back seat the last week…. Found out my Dad has cancer 💔 honestly couldn’t concentrate on anything at all. But speaking to them both today it’s sounding positive and I’ve managed to sit for a bit and read.
Started Flawless and I am loving it, don’t know why I kept putting it off and still working through my other love Harry Potter on audio ❤❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36

epl000

VIP Member
IMG_8397.jpeg

Made it to Galway and Charlie Byrnes bookshop today 😄 thanks for the recommendations! I was pretty restrained but came out with a couple of second hand ones, including a Kristin hannah that I hadn’t read - home front, and a gentleman in Moscow by amor towles!

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Honeystar

VIP Member
I have realised what Freida McFadden books are for me, they are the book version of a frozen microwave meal. Good to have a few in for times when you need something quick that you don’t need to give much thought to, but not something you would reach for every day if you want a more well rounded and high quality diet (aka they are the perfect books to get me out of a slump and I like to have a couple on my shelf if I need them)

• Heart
Reactions: 23

JLXRD

VIP Member
I feel like rather than being reading anymore, my hobby is actually just looking for and buying books on kindle store 🫠

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
My guilty secret is thar I read Freida McFadden books for the sole purpose of bumping up how many books I read! Quantity not quality, can bang it out in a few hours.

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
My reading has taken a back seat because IM GOING TO SEE TAYLOR SWIFT. Prepping for this concert has taken over my life. Ive spent every evening making bloody bracelets. However Ive got through a few books on audio whilst doing it.

After this weekend and Bridgerton P2 next week I will be back 🙈

• Heart

inksmear

I’ve been on holiday and been non-stop reading! It has been wonderful.
Books I read:
Marian Keyes - my favourite mistake. Gave this four out of five stars as I feel like parts were beautifully written and I LOVE the Walsh family but my god her books have too many characters in these days. I also didn’t care for the ‘mystery’.

R.F Kuang - Babel. Gave this 3/5. Enjoyed it a lot! Thought some of the character development was weak though. And she REALLY hit the reader over the head with some of the racism, felt like she didn’t trust the reader at all. e.g Character A: ‘blatent racist statement’
Footnote 1: THIS IS RACISM GUYS.
I do like her books though! I loved yellowface when I read it last year and she is an outrageously clever and accomplished person. Genuinely awe inspiring!

Gabrielle Zevin - Elsewhere. I really loved this book! I thought it was really clever and sweet. 4 out of 5!

Eliza Clarke - Penance. 3 out of 5.

Erin Kelly - House of Mirrors. 3 out of 5. Readable but kind of dull. My favourite Erin Kelly book is He Said/ She Said. The rest are a bit samey. I hated the ballet one though and the skeleton key. Not sure the prequel to this really needed a follow up tbh?

Emily Henry - Beach Read. One star out of five. That’s only because Goodreads doesn’t let you give 0 stars! Sorry to any EmHen fans here but I HATED THIS BOOK. I hated the characters. I hated the dialogue. I hated the plot. It was chaotic. There was no need for any of it. The world would have been a better place if this book had not been written.

• Haha
  • Heart

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
Wuthering Heights is one of my favourite books too.

I find it so fascinating how we can all read the same text, take something so wildly different from it and never fall out about it. I am certain this is the only thread on Tattle where we can disagree so massively on a subject and there not be 12 pages of "waah you are wrong."

I have gone back to the beginning of the Cormoran Strike books. Never read HP but I love this series. On book two right now The Silkworm. I am finding all little tidbits that I missed before. Such chunky books too. The further into the series you get the longer the book. One is 1,000 pages plus. Perfect to get lost in.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

OH.FFS

VIP Member
Four books for me in May.

IMG_4456.jpeg

---
Thought I’d add my year’s reads / listens so far as I’m pretty happy to say that most of them I’ve enjoyed.
I’ve really got into audiobooks this year. I’m finding that I can enjoy them more than reading for some books. The narrator often gives me a different slant / perspective to my own reading voice.

IMG_4457.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 20

LaBlonde

VIP Member
ioff to waterstones today where i’m hoping to buy both long island and blue sisters 🤞🏻💙
books acquired! the cover of blue sisters is so beautiful that i want to have it out in display 🤣

also shoutout to the man in waterstones who held up long island to the girl behind the till and said “i want this, but in paperback” and when she explained it would be at least another nine months given that the hardback is out today then held up another book and said “this is a paperback” as if that would help matters 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

Blueblue123

VIP Member
My Harper Collins tiktok shop order arrived

Got:

How to Kill Men and Get Away With It
Babel
Butter
How to Kill a Guy in Ten Ways

(I swear, I'm not preparing to be a man killer)

Just started reading It Ends At Midnight by Harriet Tyce

• Haha
Reactions: 19

daisynoon

Chatty Member
The Waterstones instagram really gets me at the moment...

---
I've wanted to go to Prince Edward Island since I first read Anne of Green Gables when I was 9, this is just making me want to visit even more! She writes about it beautifully.
I also always wanted to go to PEI because of Anne (and I know I never can because it'll never measure up 🥲)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

Big_Summer_Blowout

Chatty Member
15 books for me this month.

1 ⭐
Layla - Colleen Hoover
The Idea of You - Robinne Lee

2 ⭐
Green Dot - Madeleine Gray
Red, White and Royal Blue - Casey McQuiston