Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Hi all! I’m hoping someone can help me!! I’ve written a list of books that I’ve read and a few years ago I read a thriller about twins but can’t remember it and it’s been really bugging me!! Putting a spoiler in case anyone is reading / planning on reading but I’ll put the plot and if anyone knows please let me know - I literally can’t find anything on Google!!
One I can think of about twins is The Thirteenth Tale?

AllieBee

VIP Member
Has anyone read Thea and Denise by Caroline Bond? I really enjoyed it, clearly been taken from the script of Thelma and Louise, but it's such a lovely story

AllieBee

VIP Member
Thank you - Sorry myPhone ran out of battery

So the book is based on one twin, she’s shy, quiet etc and then meets a man, gets engaged etc and he meets her twin who is the total opposite, loud, confident etc. he ends up sleeping with the twin and im sure in the end they end up going to America and he finds out that the quiet twin is actually mentally ill and takes on the personality of her dead twin sister who had died due to overdose!
---
And sorry I’m not sure how to put the spoiler on but happy to delete my comment if needed instead x
There's a book called The Twins by L V Matthews I think, that's a similar plot but I don't think one twin died of an overdose, it was something else, but the remaining twin was mentally ill and took on her sisters personality/life as well as her own?

coconochanel

VIP Member
Think I read this but I can't remember the story. Another excuse to read it again obviously.😁
I'm currently trying to read all her books when I have time.
I've currently got Restoring Grace to read next....
.....after I finish a recommended book by Maz Evans called Over My Dead Body.....not sure if it was a Tattle recommendation 🤔
That sounds familiar I might have read that one. I quite like her books they are a nice easy read.

QueenBW

VIP Member
Has any read You With a View by Jessica Joyce? I'm on chapter 6 and it's so meh. Will it get better? People rave about it.

I've just seen Jack Edwards talking about this book, called Fourteen Days - a v interesting concept! Each character is written by a different author, edited by Margaret Atwood.

"Includes writing from: Margaret Atwood, Sylvia Day, Emma Donoghue, Dave Eggers, Diana Gabaldon, Tess Gerritsen, John Grisham, Erica Jong, Celeste Ng, Tommy Orange, Doug Preston, R.L. Stine, Nafissa Thompson-Spires, Meg Wolitzer and many more."

https://www.waterstones.com/book/fo..._medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=Preisvergleich
Oh is this Fourteen floors or something ? I have it on my TBR list and I’ve seen it in my library!

Are there any other book clubs which offer special editions which arent fantasy?

Im signed up to Illumicrate Afterlight but would be open to others that have thrillers / lit fic / romance.

I noticed Fairyloot had special edition Icebreaker and Wildfire and they were stunning but I dont like fantasy so its stupid to even go on the waitlist.
Owlcrate are starting some new quarterly subs in 2025 but not sure how it works as they're American... there's a few others like The Butterfly Book Box, Bookish Box, Broken Binding that I don't know much about but seem to have some romance?

dykeKurdtgroupie

Finished a couple of books recently - finished my reread of the hunger game series - I just finished one of the good guys, which centers on this man called Cole (who is ‘one of the good guys) and his recent break up from his wife, not sure how I felt about the twist ending.

Finally finished the Ahsoka Star Wars novel and it was just okay, I have a couple of complaints but tbh it was mainly for younger readers so I don’t care too much.

CommentBelow

I've booked a ticket for JW's book tour for the new Girls book and I can't bloody wait. 🥰
Aah, I’m tempted! Not sure why I haven’t book tbh, maybe assumed I’d be taking a child’s spot forgetting this isn’t for pre-teens lol.
---
I've just seen Jack Edwards talking about this book, called Fourteen Days - a v interesting concept! Each character is written by a different author, edited by Margaret Atwood.

"Includes writing from: Margaret Atwood, Sylvia Day, Emma Donoghue, Dave Eggers, Diana Gabaldon, Tess Gerritsen, John Grisham, Erica Jong, Celeste Ng, Tommy Orange, Doug Preston, R.L. Stine, Nafissa Thompson-Spires, Meg Wolitzer and many more."

https://www.waterstones.com/book/fo..._medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=Preisvergleich
I was really disappointed by this, I thought the concept was great but it didn’t deliver for me.

HoGi

VIP Member
What are people's thoughts on Birnam Wood by Eleanor Catton.

A friend leant me her copy and I feel like I have been reading it forever and I'm only 90 pages in.

Is it worth the read?

katesbess

VIP Member
Hi all! I’m hoping someone can help me!! I’ve written a list of books that I’ve read and a few years ago I read a thriller about twins but can’t remember it and it’s been really bugging me!! Putting a spoiler in case anyone is reading / planning on reading but I’ll put the plot and if anyone knows please let me know - I literally can’t find anything on Google!!
Happy to help and formyou to put the plot. Those who don't want to know can easily skim or skip. I haaaaate a book conundrum so I feel your bug !

inksmear

Has anyone read Sociopath by Patric Gagne? I just finished it. Initially I was quite excited (love a good memoir and throw in any sort of personality disorder and I’m happy!) but my god. What a snooze fest. Pages and pages of a woman talking about her boyfriend. It doesn’t make you a sociopath but it does make you a cliche. No one cares about your boyfriend!
It also makes you think she got her PhD at UCLA, but further digging makes me believe that is not actually the case. Is this woman for real?

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Owlcrate are starting some new quarterly subs in 2025 but not sure how it works as they're American... there's a few others like The Butterfly Book Box, Bookish Box, Broken Binding that I don't know much about but seem to have some romance?
I will check them out thanks :D Afterlight is £20+ postage so £25 a month which is fair for one book but some seem so expensive from when Ive seen.

I love the look of Book Of The Month but its US only. I wish we had it here

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I also didn't enjoy The Paris Apartment, found it v disappointing after really enjoying the Guest List and her other one which i can't remember the name of.

I finished Strong Female Character by Fern Brady last night. It was a little long winded at times, but I found it a really fascinating insight into life with autism. I really enjoyed watching her on Taskmaster and it sounds like she actually got to be herself which is nice to hear.

Started The List by yomi adegoke this morning on my commute. Only read the first few chapters but can tell I'm going to enjoy it!

Heading to Ireland on holiday next week and excited for plenty of reading time! Packed a couple of paperbacks and my kindle but inevitably will end up in a bookshop or two I imagine haha. Any recommendations in Dublin, Belfast or Galway? 😊
No Alibis in Belfast 😊
Keats and Chapman for 2nd hand books!