Books #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I started reading the books 10-ish years ago. From the Bridgerton series I’ve read the first 7. I prefer them to the show, probably because I read them first. They’re such easy reads. As someone said before, the characters are the same but the books and tv series are 2 different beasts really. I Struggled with the TV series because I thought there was no chemistry between Daphne and Simon in the first series at all and they unmasked lady Whistledown far too early. Francesca’s story is my favourite.
I preferred the books. I couldn't afford them but ended up getting them in quite novel ways. I picked up a few in a supermarket special buy and the odd one in Homesense. Places like that. Smith/Smythe also rings a bell, so I've probably read them from the library. 🤔

Reactions: 4
My office has a mini "free books" table where we can all put books we've read and don't want to keep for someone else to take them home and the options today were particularly good for me. Anyone read these?

1000111970.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My office has a mini "free books" table where we can all put books we've read and don't want to keep for someone else to take them home and the options today were particularly good for me. Anyone read these?

View attachment 2951081
Haven't read any of those, but I love the "free book" thing you've got going on and I'm so jealous 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 9

View attachment 2951081
I’ve read The Paris Apartment and thought it was rubbish. I really enjoyed Lucy Foley’s previous two books and that one was a complete let down. But I know of others who have said it was their favourite.

Reactions: 7
Guys, I'm listening to Pizza Girl on audiobook and it's fun. Gay Juno vibes, coming of age, complicated female lead, light but some depth to it. Just noticed it's 99p on Kindle right now if anyone fancies it.
Ah I really enjoyed it. Gives Melissa Broder

• Heart
Reactions: 2
The new Carley Fortune I nabbed for 99p on Kindle successfully got me out of my slump! I really enjoyed it. Loved the setting on Prince Edward Island. But now what to read next?! Will need to stare at my TBR shelf for a while to decide.

• Heart
I’ve read The Paris Apartment and thought it was rubbish. I really enjoyed Lucy Foley’s previous two books and that one was a complete let down. But I know of others who have said it was their favourite.
Same here, I didn’t like Paris Apartment at all! I have an ARC of her new book on my kindle so hope it’s a return to form.

Reactions: 5

View attachment 2951081
We have something similar but it's not on my floor so I never go to look.

I might have to go in loaded with some of mine to get rid of them though

• Heart
We have something similar but it's not on my floor so I never go to look.

I might have to go in loaded with some of mine to get rid of them though
It definitely works both ways!! I offloaded seven books last month ☺

Reactions: 1
My place of work used to be the local library, some of the book shelves were kept, it’s a treasure trove waiting to be explored every shift!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Blurb of Sally Rooney's Intermezzo. Suuuuper excited for this
Screenshot_20240523_084752_Instagram.jpg

• Heart
Blurb of Sally Rooney's Intermezzo. Suuuuper excited for this
View attachment 2952285
i think (i don’t know if this is unpopular 🤣) that she writes men better than she does women, so the fact this is two male central characters has me kicking my feet with excitement for it!

off to waterstones today where i’m hoping to buy both long island and blue sisters 🤞🏻💙

• Heart
i think (i don’t know if this is unpopular 🤣) that she writes men better than she does women, so the fact this is two male central characters has me kicking my feet with excitement for it!

off to waterstones today where i’m hoping to buy both long island and blue sisters 🤞🏻💙
Well.....Connell

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Was delighted to see my local bookshop had Jennifer Saint’s new book Hera for sale yesterday, a day early..until I saw the price.

17.95 👀 my Kindle has me ruined I know but it just seems like a lot

Reactions: 1
I also didn't enjoy The Paris Apartment, found it v disappointing after really enjoying the Guest List and her other one which i can't remember the name of.

I finished Strong Female Character by Fern Brady last night. It was a little long winded at times, but I found it a really fascinating insight into life with autism. I really enjoyed watching her on Taskmaster and it sounds like she actually got to be herself which is nice to hear.

Started The List by yomi adegoke this morning on my commute. Only read the first few chapters but can tell I'm going to enjoy it!

Heading to Ireland on holiday next week and excited for plenty of reading time! Packed a couple of paperbacks and my kindle but inevitably will end up in a bookshop or two I imagine haha. Any recommendations in Dublin, Belfast or Galway? 😊

• Heart
Hi lovely peeps I’ve been so mia I lost the thread. I am in such a slump 😔 Saving Noah wrecked me. I’m actually still not over it and even writing this is making me cry 😭 I was trying to explain it to my mum and couldn’t speak for sobbing 🤣🤣🤦🏻‍♀️😭😭 anyway I’m still listening to HP so at least I’m doing something and Stephen Fry really is wonderful. I’m sure I’ll get over the slump soon ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.