Books #29

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bridgerton books, yay or nay? I keep seeing comments on Facebook posts about the Netflix series where people are saying the books do things differently. Has anyone here read the Bridgerton books and are they worth adding to the TBR pile?
I started reading the books 10-ish years ago. From the Bridgerton series I’ve read the first 7. I prefer them to the show, probably because I read them first. They’re such easy reads. As someone said before, the characters are the same but the books and tv series are 2 different beasts really. I Struggled with the TV series because I thought there was no chemistry between Daphne and Simon in the first series at all and they unmasked lady Whistledown far too early. Francesca’s story is my favourite.

Reactions: 7
a solid five stars from me to the will of the many - thanks again to @StephenTJackson and this thread for mentioning it as i would literally have never read it otherwise. what an amazing read, with some absolutely outstanding twists and world-building. i got so attached to everyone in it even though one of them broke my HEART 😭😭 i need the next one in the series asap!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
a solid five stars from me to the will of the many - thanks again to @StephenTJackson and this thread for mentioning it as i would literally have never read it otherwise. what an amazing read, with some absolutely outstanding twists and world-building. i got so attached to everyone in it even though one of them broke my HEART 😭😭 i need the next one in the series asap!
Yes! I'm so glad you loved it! I don't even need to ask who broke your heart - I know!

The wait for the next book is insane. Like I want it so much. I can't remember properly, but I must've been this hyped for Harry Potter books as a kid, and I haven't felt this way about waiting for a sequel book since Harry Potter.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yes! I'm so glad you loved it! I don't even need to ask who broke your heart - I know!

The wait for the next book is insane. Like I want it so much. I can't remember properly, but I must've been this hyped for Harry Potter books as a kid, and I haven't felt this way about waiting for a sequel book since Harry Potter.
oh you know, i was devastated 😭😭

i’ve spent the past half an hour on reddit reading theories about the ending 🤣 (ngl, i had to read it twice to fully get what had happened). and there’s still so much we need to find out about! it was such a well done book, even for someone who doesn’t read much fantasy. thank you again for mentioning it here 💙

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
oh you know, i was devastated 😭😭

i’ve spent the past half an hour on reddit reading theories about the ending 🤣 (ngl, i had to read it twice to fully get what had happened). and there’s still so much we need to find out about! it was such a well done book, even for someone who doesn’t read much fantasy. thank you again for mentioning it here 💙

The update from the author on how writing is going on the next one.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I can practically feel the little willpower I had to wait for the paperback evaporating off me! 🫣
---
Has anyone been watching Gentleman in Moscow?
I just finished the last episode and thought it was really well done!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I have realised what Freida McFadden books are for me, they are the book version of a frozen microwave meal. Good to have a few in for times when you need something quick that you don’t need to give much thought to, but not something you would reach for every day if you want a more well rounded and high quality diet (aka they are the perfect books to get me out of a slump and I like to have a couple on my shelf if I need them)

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I have realised what Freida McFadden books are for me, they are the book version of a frozen microwave meal. Good to have a few in for times when you need something quick that you don’t need to give much thought to, but not something you would reach for every day if you want a more well rounded and high quality diet (aka they are the perfect books to get me out of a slump and I like to have a couple on my shelf if I need them)
Such a good analogy!

Reactions: 3
I’ve recently finished The Last Mrs Parrish which I whipped through. The issues that some reviewers raised as problematic I don’t disagree with, but I still enjoyed it for what it was. I will probably read the sequel book.
im currently reading a non fiction called The Well Gardened Mind by a psycho therapist who explored how gardening helps people with MH problems and behavioural issues.
I do however have Pineapple Street from the library and will collect The Thursday Murder Club tomorrow (so late to this party I know)!

Reactions: 5
I feel like rather than being reading anymore, my hobby is actually just looking for and buying books on kindle store 🫠

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I feel like rather than being reading anymore, my hobby is actually just looking for and buying books on kindle store 🫠
They are two very separate hobbies. Reading and buying books. One is not linked to the other.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Guys, I'm listening to Pizza Girl on audiobook and it's fun. Gay Juno vibes, coming of age, complicated female lead, light but some depth to it. Just noticed it's 99p on Kindle right now if anyone fancies it.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
You guys reminded me Harper Collins is doing a sale on their tiktok shop. Gonna buy Butter

Reactions: 3