Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I'm on to 'Find me' (the call me by your name sequel) now, his writing is so thoughtful and almost poetic in places. Sometimes it's a bit 'much' IYKWIM, I'm not a fan of literary fiction and I feel sometimes it's veering into it, but I'm enjoying it so far!
how am i only now finding out there’s a sequel?! his writing is beautiful but i thought CMBYN was so purple prose in some places that it was hard to work out what was actually going on. i may give this a try though!

Reactions: 1

Porco Misere

Anyone on here read ‘The Family from One End Street’. I read it in 1956 and still love it as it mirrored my childhood.

• Heart

SaintLeo

VIP Member
I'll check out Lucinda Riley books. I like a good story.😁
The Seven Sisters books are probably her most famous ones. As the name suggests it’s a series about a group of sisters! They probably can be read as stand alone books but there is a common thread that runs through them with a final book about their father that ties everything together at the end.

lilamay

VIP Member
Bit late to the party but I just read Strange Sally Diamond.

It was great until it wasn't...
just feel like the ending was a bit blah

I do not get the hype about that book, I thought it was dreadful. Was hoping maybe the ending would redeem it somewhat but no.

StrawberryBanana90

Chatty Member
Has anyone read FantasticLand by Mike Bockoven? I saw it mentioned on an instagram reel but it seems hard to get a hold of even though it was published 2016 😅 my library doesn't have it, world of books doesn't, sold out at waterstones and £21 for the paperback on Amazon! I can see it's free with audible but I don't get on with that format.

Just wondering if it was worth maybe paying the £10 on kindle was even worth it.

WeepingCassandra

VIP Member
Has anyone read Reading Lessons by Carol Atherton? It looks good but quite expensive so thought I would check it out before I buy. It's written by an English teacher explaining the relevance of all those GCSE texts and why they were chosen and why they are important.
Ohh, that sounds good!

Just looked on Amazon - it looks like it's literally just been published. Might be cheaper soon.

I was really surprised by that but yeah, it's a great choice!

I'm very glad it's staying in England too, rather than being relocated to America as I feared!
---

Yes! I was expecting Ray Winstone tbh, so was surprised but he's worked with Julie Walters before so I'm crossing my fingers!
Ooh yes Ray Winstone is how I picture Ron.

I think Ibrahim is a good choice but my perfect choice would have been an older version of Nick Mohammed (off of Ted Lasso) but failing such a person even existing, the person cast is a good 2nd choice!

Libbylulu

VIP Member
I’ve just finished Cuckoo In The Nest by Fran Hill, which I enjoyed. Do you have any suggestions for 70’s 80’s nostalgia novels. The Trouble with Goats and Sheep I also enjoyed.

Pinkii

VIP Member
Spicy / Smut romantic book recommendations?

How smutty? dark smut? Or cheesy smut? Lol

If you want Dark/taboo.. i’m your girl 🤣

Birthday girl- penelope douglas
LORDS series- shantel Tessier- dark/graphic but SO enjoyable
Lessons in Sin- Pam Godwin

And if you’re into MM romance

Garron Park- Nordika knight
For the fans- Nyla K.

JLXRD

VIP Member
Would you guys recommend Magnolia Parks? I have heard people describe it like Made In Chelsea which I love, but read the back in the book shop today and it sounded like a romance, which is not my cup of tea.

The Rivers of London series are so good, did they have them all at 66 Books?
I bought Broken Homes, Foxglove Summer, The Furthest Station, October Man, False Value and Amongst our Weapons. The definitely had Moon Over Soho, I already have it. Can’t remember whether they actually had Rivers of London. There was a space for The Hanging Tree but it was out of stock.
---
yes! i think they’re intended to be seven books - the first two were published quite close together but there was something like a 4-5 year wait for the third and no sign of the fourth (and i’m sure it’s been about ten years). they’re great reads though, even with the wider series being unfinished.
---

gently, i don’t think it’s a book to try if you don’t like thinking too hard when you read. there are a lot of footnotes, it gives you instructions on what pages to go to next etc, it’s almost like studying a text in places rather than reading a novel. it’s a really cool and completely unique reading experience, but it’s not an easy one.
I’ll probably give it a miss then, or wait until my brain space isn’t taken up with work. I like puzzles but the eerie-ness may creep me out a bit too much! Thanks

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Did you order them during the Black Friday deal?
I had an issue with mine and turns out they were added when earlier parts of the order were dispatched. I’m not 100% convinced and would still prefer to see what was added when though! Even the Nectar app tells me I got 12 points for random snacks + 5 bonus points! 🥱
---

I gave The Women 5 🌟 I tried to wait for the paperback but only lasted a week.. no regrets though, totally worth it.
None during BF no. One last Aug BH when it was double points then one of them was just a random order a few months ago on single points but its been sitting at 6.5 points to go for a while. Also one of the books was the first to be sent from that order 🤔

I do feel awkward about emailing as I dont really know whats going on or where I'm at. I do think there should be a better record of it.

QueenBW

VIP Member
I got You With A View for 1.99 (I'm on the US Amazon site). Have you guys read it? Do you think it might kick out my reading slump?