Books #28

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I pre-ordered Marian Keyes new book (release day today) and the potsman has been and gone ... no sign 🙃

• Sad
Reactions: 11
This is one of my favourite threads on here. 🥰 I’m reading my kindle on my lunch and it’s so nice to have a break and a bit of escapism for a change. Must do it more often!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Any Frieda McFadden fans here? I read both housemaid books. Any recommendations of which I should read next? The Teacher doesn’t grab me.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Has anyone read How high we go in the dark by Sequoia Nagamatsu? I didn't realise it was a debut until I'd finished it, it was so good!

Some chapters were definitely stronger than others and I was sobbing over Pig Son

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I've only just realised my library is signed up to both BorrowBox and Libby! My library doesn't have much on Borrowbox so I checked Libby on a whim and found it accepted my library card, and there's different stuff on there. Excellent. All the stuff I want to listen to on BB seem to be in a queue, so now I can use Libby 👍
I am trying to listen to stuff this week as it's very quiet at work and I can't bear it 🫣

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Has anyone read How high we go in the dark by Sequoia Nagamatsu? I didn't realise it was a debut until I'd finished it, it was so good!

Some chapters were definitely stronger than others and I was sobbing over Pig Son
I haven’t.. but it’ll surprise no one that I own it but haven’t got to it yet. Moving it up the pile!

I'm reading (well, listening to) Parable of the Talents at the moment. I don't know if anyone has read any Octavia E Butler, but her books are excellent and excruciatingly painful in one. I wasn't going to read this one, because Parable of the Sower (the prequel) has a nice ending, and I thought, I'm done, I'm happy with where the characters are. Then I tried to watch the Disney series of Kindred with a friend, was left unsatisfied, and thought I'd check this one out. I'm just over halfway through and I had to speed up the narration because I hate what's happening so much but I also need to know.

Anyway, I needed something nice and light, and Penguin provided the first chapter of Funny Story, and I am so looking forward to it:

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I mentioned yesterday that Spotfiy now offer 15hrs of free audiobooks for Ireland premium users and today I received an email from Audible offering me 3 months for 99p.

I also crochet and find I can either read a lot or crochet a lot...but not neither. So I am hoping audiobooks will help 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Any Frieda McFadden fans here? I read both housemaid books. Any recommendations of which I should read next? The Teacher doesn’t grab me.
i've read all her books but one i think, and for me the best one by far was 'never lie' 😊

Reactions: 5
Freida imo takes the storyline of other thrillers written by better authors and rewords them and fires them out. The few books of hers Ive read Ive thought Ive read this before half way through. I honestly dont know how she gets away with it.

Obviously dont expect anyone just to take my opinion as gospel but there is alot out there on the internet about it.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Freida imo takes the storyline of other thrillers written by better authors and rewords them and fires them out. The few books of hers Ive read Ive thought Ive read this before half way through. I honestly dont know how she gets away with it.

Obviously dont expect anyone just to take my opinion as gospel but there is alot out there on the internet about it.
does she really! i just like how simply they're written so i can read them in between actual books 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’ve said it here before but I don’t know how frieda mcfadden gets away with it. the housemaid is literally the last mrs parrish with the ending changed, to the point where scenes are almost exactly rewritten. her books are fine imo for quick easy reads but I don’t know how she does it with no repercussions

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
i didn't know ☹ i think i read it about colleen hoover on here, but didn't know about her. i guess i'll crawl into a hole now 😂

• Heart
i didn't know ☹ i think i read it about colleen hoover on here, but didn't know about her. i guess i'll crawl into a hole now 😂
girl, don’t you dare; get out of that hole! it’s okay 💙💙

i know nothing about frieda mcfadden and haven’t read anything by her but the audacity! but i remember reading a romance novel ages ago that had the whole benny and jets scene from 27 dresses straight up implanted into it and i wondered how the author got away with THAT too 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow