Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

inksmear

This is an excellent book. Really haunting and pared back. A quick read, too. (IMO)
It really is. The ending is so brilliant too!
---
I enjoyed it but I do agree with everything you have said.

It annoyed me that it left me with more questions than answers
Thats the beauty of the book I think! You spend the entire time racing through it to find out why and then, BAM it’s over. So unsatisfying. I think it’s genius.

cill2019

VIP Member
The Chestnut Spring books are 99p each today on kindle.

They are so good, if you like romance genre anyway. The first one was the worst imo but various diff tropes with cowboys 🤠 yeehaa.
Do they have a good story or is it purely spice? 🤣 I’m still conflicted if I’m a spicy girl despite loving Butcher and Blackbird 🤣🤣

LydiaDeetzHat

VIP Member
Anyone else read The Ice House by Nina Bawden?Was chosen for my work book club and i didnt fancy it .. then my contract was extended and the price went down to only £2.99 on Kindle so thought what the hell.. its just started and we have only just heard mention of the Ice house and I am bored AF already..

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
We've been discussing the word "messages" on the Secret Celebrity thread, and what with it being a small world, a few days later it has turned up in a book I'm reading.
Said book is Brian Cox's autobiography.
The confusion continues....... He refers to bridie and chips, or more correctly a Forfar Bridie. i.e. a Cornish pasty!!!!
No wonder there is so much confusion in the world 🤷🙄
I'm getting older and finding myself rapidly losing patience, and want to yell at people wtf are you talking about!!!???
One day I know I'll crack and say it......😣😁

Carabelle

I LOVE the Will Trent books. Have you read the Grant County ones too? They kind of intertwine with Will’s life. I tried watching the tv adaptation but he wasn’t how I imagined him and I just ✨could not✨
I need to look up the Grant County ones as I've a feeling I've read a couple years ago! No haven't watched it yet, waiting until I've the series finished!!

twilightgarden

VIP Member
For anyone with NetGalley... when I post my reviews they used to automatically send to Goodreads but this doesn't happen any more and I have to manually add the book and review to GR. Have I knocked a setting off or is this happening across the board?

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
You can cancel in the app or on the website:

View attachment 2876296
I usually set myself a calendar reminder so I cancel near the end. If you don't use your credits on an audiobook before the end of your membership, you lose the credits, but I like to save credits for as long as possible because they have monthly sales.

The biggest problem with cancelling is that they usually offer you a deal to keep your membership going.
Thanks for your reply.

This credits thing. Does that mean you get to keep the audiobook?
And is the app better than the website?

cill2019

VIP Member
Got a notification from Libby that the dramatised version of ACOTAR was available on audio but it’s the second part 🤦🏻‍♀️ I’m third in line for the first part 😩

AllieBee

VIP Member
So glad you found it.

I’ve had a book in my head from when I was about ten and I’ve never found it - I think I’ve mentioned it here before in the hopes of finding it. I have zero idea what it was called but it was a children’s book where two children (maybe siblings) slipped through some hedges and found themselves in a wood where one of them got a thorn in their foot/hand/other body part which made them ill. The other child had to go and get help as the child with the thorn got sicker and sicker. There was also some kind of animal companion maybe a lion or a wolf and I think a witch of some sorts. The usual suggestions I get are Narnia and Hansel and Gretel - it’s neither of these. I read it in around 1995ish but it could have been an older story, I really have no idea.
Could it be one by E. Nesbit? It sounds kind of familiar but no idea what it's called!