Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

IBeingnosey

I feel like I opened a can of worms with the Freida McFadden talk 😱 I just enjoy a bit of easy reading which is exactly what her books are. I’ll have to read some of the books she plagiarised!
---

Did you enjoy it? I read it very quickly too but wasn’t sure I actually thought it was a good book, just a page turner.
I agree. If I’m struggling to get into anything, I’ll read one of her books and it gets me back into reading again

Reactions: 1

Tofino

VIP Member
Okay one bed / forced proximity Ive got

The Roommate - Rosie Danan
Heartless - Elsie Silver
Birthday Girl - Penelope Douglas 🔥 🔥
Spanish Love Deception - Elena Armas (I didnt love this though)
---

😆 someone did. I feel like Cady Heron. 'Even when I wasnt mentioning Regina George I spent the rest of my time hoping someone else would bring her up'

Niche reference I know.
I’ve read Heartless but I’ve added the rest to my wishlist! Thanks for the recommendations 😘

the ending of this was RIDICULOUS! i thought it was involving enough until that point but i don’t think she had a clue how to end it. like you’re going to take him to a wedding full of all your friends and hope that no one calls you by your real name? and he apparently forgave this all very quickly?! did she even LIKE him because i never bought into it (she seemed to just be putting up with him for most of it)
I know!! And the whole time I was reading the last chapter sitting on the rain was just irritating me.

• Heart

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Do you lose audible credits if you cancel? We were gifted 12 month membership at Xmas but the credits are already accumulating. It’s unlikely we will keep the membership going.
Yes if you cancel you lose all credits so use them up then cancel. Youl keep the books you bought with the credit.

OK so I saw lots of you raving about John Marrs and downloaded "The One"...

I'm 25% in and really enjoying it BUT the chapters focused on Christopher are too much for me, I'm a real wimp and I can't read it past midday or I won't sleep , can I skip his chapters or do I need them???
You won't lose anything by skipping it, but there is an arc to it. Its one of the better stories!

Anyauldnamewilldo

VIP Member
I'm hoping someone can help, so back a few months ago (feels like at least 3) the book club had 'first lie wins' and two other books for that month. I bought that one and 'hot springs drive'. I could not put down FLW like I didn't want it to end. I've re-read the damn book twice. It was so good. I've tried googling for similar themed books and for the life of me I can't find anything where the synopsis has made me go, 'yes let me get that'. I haven't managed to get into HSD as quick or easy.

In short can anyone recommend a book(s) with a similar theme/set-up to First Lie Wins.

Insta09875

I have been reading Freida McFadden 5 books in a row now can anyone recommend a similar author or book I love the thriller stories and the big twists that you never see coming

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
I've started reading some regency romance novels by MC Beaton before bed and let's say they aren't the best... Most are fun and entertaining but after 2 days I've no memory of the story, despite most of them following the same exact pattern. The worst is that it helps me sleep better, so I don't want to stop reading them in case the insomnia comes back 😞

That said, I've read 2 five stars (not regency romances), so not a complete bad month, just really unusual 😅
Have you read the ones with Rainbird in - the hotel ones I think? 🤔

slugella

VIP Member
I've got This Family on my to buy list. Just realised it's in paperback, I'm a big fan of The Most Fun We've Ever Had, so will be purchasing soon. Thanks for your thoughts on it.
Hope you enjoy!! :giggle: looking forward to hearing your thoughts

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
I read a book.over 20 years ago which I lost. I absolutely loved this book and some of the characters have stayed with me. I've searched and searched for it but sadly couldn't remember the title or the author. I've done random searches for it over the years with whatever keywords I could think of but no luck. This morning, woke up and just had a string feeling I should search again for it and I FOUND IT!! It's a family saga, called The Flowers Of The Field by Sarah Harrison. I've ordered it in paperback just hope I still love it as much as I did!
I had the same. Think it was called The Countess Below Stairs. Searched for years for it, and then suddenly found it under a different title. You've reminded me to dig it out of the bookcase for a reread. 😁
I'll check out your recommendation.

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
I finished Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult and I gave it a 3/5. She has a lot of books and I generally like the whole moral conflict stuff she does. Any suggestions of good ones to read from her please?

I have already read My Sisters Keeper, Nineteen Minutes, The Pact, House Rules and The Tenth Circle.
In my opinion Small Great Things and The Pact are two of her much better books.

HoGi

VIP Member
personally found I Who Have Never known Men very boring.. never moves on from the basic premise... doesnt offer much of anything else.. plot or characterisation/insight etc
I enjoyed it but I do agree with everything you have said.

It annoyed me that it left me with more questions than answers

nbt

VIP Member
It’s alright - I gave it a 3/5. Probably could have gone to a 3.5 though. It sets some more of the scene of how Amber made her way to the Parrish family and her background. I found some of TLMP to be a little unbelievable and 0.5 has similar themes. But it’s definitely readable and enjoyable but not as good as the main book. It’s only 85 pages so definitely worth giving it a go as a quick read.

I’m looking forward to the sequel now to see how the story continues.
I’ve read this today and it’s made me all excited for the sequel now. Thanks for mentioning it as I’d never have known about it otherwise!