Books #28

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay one bed / forced proximity Ive got

The Roommate - Rosie Danan
Heartless - Elsie Silver
Birthday Girl - Penelope Douglas 🔥 🔥
Spanish Love Deception - Elena Armas (I didnt love this though)
---

😆 someone did. I feel like Cady Heron. 'Even when I wasnt mentioning Regina George I spent the rest of my time hoping someone else would bring her up'

Niche reference I know.
I’ve read Heartless but I’ve added the rest to my wishlist! Thanks for the recommendations 😘

Reactions: 1
Spicy / Smut romantic book recommendations?

How smutty? dark smut? Or cheesy smut? Lol

If you want Dark/taboo.. i’m your girl 🤣

Birthday girl- penelope douglas
LORDS series- shantel Tessier- dark/graphic but SO enjoyable
Lessons in Sin- Pam Godwin

And if you’re into MM romance

Garron Park- Nordika knight
For the fans- Nyla K.

I’m the last one 😂

“I didn’t read all these pages for this”

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Been to a few charity shops to today (even though I don't need anymore books on my TBR list! 😂)
Found Where the Crawdads Sing and Blood Orange for 50p each. Don't know if I will enjoy them, but for 50p I thought I may as well try them 🙂
Love charity shopping! Within just the past month I’ve bought:
  • A Whole Lot of History (Kimberley Walsh from Girls Aloud’s memoir - don’t judge me 😂) - £1
  • And the Mountains Echoed - £1
  • The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul - 50p
  • A book about the making of the film Titanic - £1

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I just finished Survive the Night which I only started last night so I properly sped through! It was good, would recommend for a quick horror/thriller sitch. Probably a bit predictable if you’ve read loads of thrillers as I did guess both twists before they happened but I still liked it.

Onto Carrie Soto is Back next which I’ve been waiting for nicer weather to read as it feels like a sunny book 😎
I really enjoyed Carrie Soto although I know it's not everyone's favourite TJR. But I do love a game of tennis so it was right up my street.

Reactions: 8
I love a spicy book but some of the best romance books Ive read have been slow burns with not much spice. Mariana Zapata Im looking at you. However a slow burn for me needs to have the tension and longing and frustration in abundance.

I also love books thats sole purpose are spice.

Ironically Im not that keen on other genres that add random sex scenes though. I like to know what Im getting 😆

I really enjoyed Carrie Soto although I know it's not everyone's favourite TJR. But I do love a game of tennis so it was right up my street.
I’ve read dj&the 6, seven husbands and Malibu rising. Are her other books worth a read? Conscious I’ll have run out of the ones set in that little world by then but don’t hear much about her others.

Reactions: 1
i really liked carrie soto too - though her relationship with her dad was absolutely the best part of it (i do get why people got frustrated with the long descriptions of matches though). i do find tjr hit and miss, like carrie and daisy jones, underwhelmed by evelyn hugo and malibu rising.

Reactions: 5
I have just finished the 6th book in the Will Trent series, possibly my favourite in the series to date! There's 11 or 12 in the series so I'll have to try and stretch them out now.

Need to find another crime series as well to start afterwards. Have read the first Strike one and I did like it but felt it was a bit of a slow burn. Does it get more fast paced as the series continues?

And has anyone read James Pattersons women's murder club series? I read maybe the first 6 or 7 around 2009/2010 or so but there's 21 books in the series now!! And I'd definitely have to re read the first books if I was going to continue with them🙈

For now though, I'm going to go with Jodi Picoult for my next read!
I LOVE the Will Trent books. Have you read the Grant County ones too? They kind of intertwine with Will’s life. I tried watching the tv adaptation but he wasn’t how I imagined him and I just ✨could not✨

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve been listening to The Satsuma Complex and just love the narration. I can’t wait to listen to some more tomorrow, although I’ll probably finish it too which is sad 🥲

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Has anyone read Reading Lessons by Carol Atherton? It looks good but quite expensive so thought I would check it out before I buy. It's written by an English teacher explaining the relevance of all those GCSE texts and why they were chosen and why they are important.

• Heart
  • Wow
Has anyone read Reading Lessons by Carol Atherton? It looks good but quite expensive so thought I would check it out before I buy. It's written by an English teacher explaining the relevance of all those GCSE texts and why they were chosen and why they are important.
Ohh, that sounds good!

Just looked on Amazon - it looks like it's literally just been published. Might be cheaper soon.

Its these types of books I use an audible credit on. Ones that never go down in price or are expensive.

ooo thank you for mentioning this! i hadn’t heard of it and it looks really interesting (and the cover is beautiful) - now it’s in my brain, i will probably end up buying it when i’m next in waterstones 🤣

• Heart
ooo thank you for mentioning this! i hadn’t heard of it and it looks really interesting (and the cover is beautiful) - now it’s in my brain, i will probably end up buying it when i’m next in waterstones 🤣
That's what I thought, oooh that sounds interesting! Just seen it mentioned in our library book chat!

• Heart
I LOVE the Will Trent books. Have you read the Grant County ones too? They kind of intertwine with Will’s life. I tried watching the tv adaptation but he wasn’t how I imagined him and I just ✨could not✨
I love Will Trent too. I did enjoy the tv adaptation but I had to consider it to be 2 separate things. TV Will Trent and book Will Trent are both great but they are not the same person.

I didn't even go to school in the UK, but this sounds really good. I'll have to check it out.
---
I just finished The Last Thing He Told Me. I think it was quite hyped at one point a few years ago. The writing was not good and I hated the ending.

Starting Grief is for People by Sloane Crosley next. I have no clue what it's going to be like. None of the memoir-type books that I've read recently have been great.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I’ve read dj&the 6, seven husbands and Malibu rising. Are her other books worth a read? Conscious I’ll have run out of the ones set in that little world by then but don’t hear much about her others.
I’ve read all of her books and would say most of the others are worth a read. imo maybe in another life is her worst but I really liked after I do and one true loves! I think you can really see an improvement in her writing from reading her backlog, I’m excited to see what she does next!

Such sad news about Sophie Kinsella
Oh man, I hadn't heard so I just went on Google. My grandfather died of a glioblastoma tumor. It's brutal. But he also lives five years with it, which is much longer than most get to. I'm glad Sophie appears to be responding to treatment.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13