Books #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have just finished the 6th book in the Will Trent series, possibly my favourite in the series to date! There's 11 or 12 in the series so I'll have to try and stretch them out now.

Need to find another crime series as well to start afterwards. Have read the first Strike one and I did like it but felt it was a bit of a slow burn. Does it get more fast paced as the series continues?

And has anyone read James Pattersons women's murder club series? I read maybe the first 6 or 7 around 2009/2010 or so but there's 21 books in the series now!! And I'd definitely have to re read the first books if I was going to continue with them🙈

For now though, I'm going to go with Jodi Picoult for my next read!
I absolutely love the Women's Murder Club series. Its the one series I will always stick too and recommend.

I keep meaning to start the Will Trent series, but with a TBR pile the size of a house it always just gets pushed back.

Reactions: 1
Just got an email from Sophie Kinsella, I’m subscribed, to say that she has brain cancer since 2022
oh gosh just seen I have the email too. Glioblastomas are very aggressive, it’s the same type Tom Parker had. What a scary time for her and her family.

I’ve screenshot the email for anyone not on her mailing list.
IMG_6819.jpeg

IMG_6817.jpeg

IMG_6818.jpeg

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Finished Ruthless Vows and I have to say I loved it! The narration was better, the characters more interesting and I had a wee cry listening to it in the car.
Isn’t it funny how we are all so different with books as I know this was very hit or miss on Goodreads. Thumbs up from me 👍

Reactions: 4
Such sad News about Sophie Kinsella. Quite enjoy her books.

I hope she is able to live her life to the fullest with her kids without pain.

Reactions: 11
oh gosh just seen I have the email too. Glioblastomas are very aggressive, it’s the same type Tom Parker had. What a scary time for her and her family.

I’ve screenshot the email for anyone not on her mailing list.
Incredibly sad news.

GBM is incredibly cruel. Most people don't survive 1 year of it, and even less survive 2. Hopefully the chemo and RT has worked for her though and gives her more time.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
GBM is incredibly cruel. Most people don't survive 1 year of it, and even less survive 2. Hopefully the chemo and RT has worked for her though and gives her more time.
It really is. I lost a close friend to it and it’s brutal, both the disease and the treatment. Wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. I hope the support I’ve seen on Sophie’s social media this afternoon brings some comfort as her and her family go through this awful time.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I keep getting adverts for a colour e-ink Kobo- I can't wait for kindle to bring out one of these 😍

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Making use of the free audiobooks on spotify and listening to "Im glad my mom died" - really enjoying it!

Reactions: 7
Spicy / Smut romantic book recommendations?
Hi Missy. I think I replied to you before. If you search I can possibly recommend depending on what you like.

Heres my post here

Last edited:
I just finished Survive the Night which I only started last night so I properly sped through! It was good, would recommend for a quick horror/thriller sitch. Probably a bit predictable if you’ve read loads of thrillers as I did guess both twists before they happened but I still liked it.

Onto Carrie Soto is Back next which I’ve been waiting for nicer weather to read as it feels like a sunny book 😎

Hi Missy. I think I replied to you before. If you search I can possibly recommend depending on what you like.

Heres my post here

I like the one bed / forced proximity trope. no idea why 😂

Reactions: 3
Its the tension! 🙊

The Wall of Winnipeg and Me is a brilliant forced proximity book. Its not overly spicy but its such a slow burn and the tension is so good!

Let me have a look through my read list to see what Ive got.v

• Heart
there is nothing like there’s only one bed 🤣 especially if they make a fuss about keeping to each other’s side but wake up intertwined with each other and one wakes up before the other and oh no how are they going to disentangle themselves and deal with these feelings without waking the other person up and the yearning

• Haha
  • Heart
Grabbed a library book to read with my breakfast. Hours later still there reading it. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
And I've got loads to do. 🤬
Can imagine it being a film/series.🤔
ETA. Sorry, it's called The No-Show by Beth O'Leary.

Just saw a screenshot of an email from Waterstones saying international customers can't pay with stamps anymore, due to "system changes" taking place in May, I wonder if we'll see any impact to stamps.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I know writers write what they know Sally Rooney and her brown haired plain tortured literary girlies. However it doesnt always work. It does for Sal though.
Oh, did someone say Sally Rooney who wrote Normal People, the TV adaptation of which stars Paul Mescal???
1000017776.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Okay one bed / forced proximity Ive got

The Roommate - Rosie Danan
Heartless - Elsie Silver
Birthday Girl - Penelope Douglas 🔥 🔥
Spanish Love Deception - Elena Armas (I didnt love this though)
---
Oh, did someone say Sally Rooney who wrote Normal People, the TV adaptation of which stars Paul Mescal???
View attachment 2881378
😆 someone did. I feel like Cady Heron. 'Even when I wasnt mentioning Regina George I spent the rest of my time hoping someone else would bring her up'

Niche reference I know.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.