Books #28

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Got a notification from Libby that the dramatised version of ACOTAR was available on audio but it’s the second part 🤦🏻‍♀️ I’m third in line for the first part 😩

I LOVE the Will Trent books. Have you read the Grant County ones too? They kind of intertwine with Will’s life. I tried watching the tv adaptation but he wasn’t how I imagined him and I just ✨could not✨
I need to look up the Grant County ones as I've a feeling I've read a couple years ago! No haven't watched it yet, waiting until I've the series finished!!

can’t remember who it was but thank you to whoever recommended prima facie! I started it on audio today and I’m 20% in, loving it. I love jodie comer 🤩

• Heart
Reactions: 7
These are the books that I have decided to unhaul as I am never going to read them. The Wartime Bookshop series by Lesley Eames is different though as these are being unhauled due to me already having a copy of these 2 books.
1713460392077.jpeg
1713460502456.jpeg
1713460485784.jpeg

Reactions: 5
can’t remember who it was but thank you to whoever recommended prima facie! I started it on audio today and I’m 20% in, loving it. I love jodie comer 🤩
Ooh my husband bought me the hardback book of this for my birthday a few weeks ago, I haven't started yet but I'm really looking forward to it!

Reactions: 3
Would you guys recommend Magnolia Parks? I have heard people describe it like Made In Chelsea which I love, but read the back in the book shop today and it sounded like a romance, which is not my cup of tea.

Would you guys recommend Magnolia Parks? I have heard people describe it like Made In Chelsea which I love, but read the back in the book shop today and it sounded like a romance, which is not my cup of tea.
I have all 5 and Im not sure Id recommend it. I feel like the writing was quite juvenile.

Its like Gossip Girl x Made In Chelsea.

The full theme of the first book is around a relationship but Im not sure Id describe it as a romance book tbh.

Reactions: 2
I enjoyed the first few but it dragged a bit towards book 5, I'm not sure it needs as many books as there are!
---
I'm now onto Binding 13 which I saw recommended on here... bad influence you lot 😅

another will trent fan 🤭 I’ve got books 8, 9 and 10 on my kindle tbr. I love book will and tv will but they are NOTHING alike 😂 I’ve always imagined book will as rupert-penry jones for some reason.

Reactions: 2
I have all 5 and Im not sure Id recommend it. I feel like the writing was quite juvenile.

Its like Gossip Girl x Made In Chelsea.

The full theme of the first book is around a relationship but Im not sure Id describe it as a romance book tbh.
Chiming in to agree.
I’m disappointed - I was hoping to get into the series and by get into I mean get mildly obsessed with.. next time I’m near The Works I’m hoping I can find Binding 13 and ignore adulting for 800+ pages.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Have finished the No-Show book and wow what a journey. I'm one of those people who quite often goes to the ending to work out the story, but it didn't work with this book I was clueless.
I would definitely watch if turned into a book/film. Highly recommend this.
The No-Show https://g.co/kgs/JYRJEjB

• Heart
Reactions: 13
That was me and I finished it last night and it broke my heart. Jodie Comer is incredible, the way she conveys emotions is just so great. 5*s for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I thought this was interesting after our price discussion last week

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Have finished the No-Show book and wow what a journey. I'm one of those people who quite often goes to the ending to work out the story, but it didn't work with this book I was clueless.
I would definitely watch if turned into a book/film. Highly recommend this.
The No-Show https://g.co/kgs/JYRJEjB
I loved this one too!
And the twist completely got me!

• Heart
MC Beaton is very talented when writing her villains as cunning regency women subtly manipulating men, the ones who 'seem like saint when most they play the devil'. It's frustrating though because they should end up in a fist fight, not just snub at a ball >:[

I'm also reading Hedda Gabler, which will probably be a 5 stars! Wish there was a theater company playing it near me.

• Heart
Clare Mackintosh comes across as such a lovely person, and writes great books too! 🙂

I’ve started The Four by Ellie Keel, has anyone read it? It has good reviews but I’m not sure if it’s for me.

Reactions: 7
Clare Mackintosh comes across as such a lovely person, and writes great books too! 🙂

I’ve started The Four by Ellie Keel, has anyone read it? It has good reviews but I’m not sure if it’s for me.
She does! I love her ‘behind the scenes’ type content, and how open she is about earnings. It was from her I learned about how much they get from library borrows

Reactions: 5
Hi all its been ages since i read this thread, menopause and general life/ brain fog really messed with my ability to enjoy reading.

I am looking for some recommendations of the best psychological thrillers from last year and the year so far please. I am going to make a huge effort to find my reading mojo again

• Heart
Reactions: 4