Books #25 Reading Chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All I can say is thank God I read post midnight.

If anyone uses tik tok...

'We're Scottish we start drinking in the morning on the first of January and dont stop'

🤭🤭🤭🤭 I need to go to bed but my kindle streak remains in tact. The OGs will know my last kindle streak got broken by alcohol. 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I recommend I see you by Clare mackintosh, fantastic read!

I’ve set my target as 60 for this year.

Reactions: 3
I have read None of This Is True and loved it.

Bright Young Women made my cut....

1. The Quiet Tenant by Clemence Michallon (Eenymeenyminymo)
2. Take it Back by Kia Abdullan (vanilla cupcakes)
3. Happy New Year by Marlin Stehn (nbt)
4. No Exit by Taylor Adams (katykatykaty)
5. Only The Stains Remain by Ross Jeffrey (katykatykaty)
6. The Marriage Portrait by Maggie o'Farrell (LaBlonde)
7. Don't Make A Sound by David Jackson (Hannahebee)
8. A Good Girls Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson (make-mine-whiskey)
9. Penance by Eliza Clark (SwizzleMalarkey)
10. Here To Stay by Mark Edwards (Gem_woody)
11. Bright Young Women by Jessica Knoll (ToolaRoola)

1 (ideally 2...) books to go..
My suggestions would be
Tomorrow x3 if you haven’t already read it
The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King

Reactions: 4
Im doing the alphabet challenge and ive got letters J, M & Y left! Hit me up! I read romance, thriller & fantasy 🥰
I have Misery and Young Mungo for mine. Not got J either yet! Last year I read Jar of Hearts and loved it.

Reactions: 1
Ok, thank you for all the suggestions for my 12 by 12. I have my final list :

5. Propht Song by Paul Lynch (cill2019)
12. Absolution by Caro Ramsey (caffeinefiend)

I can't make it into a pretty template. But I promise to read one of these books every single month next year. Probably not in order as I feel like Happy New Year needs to come first. This was fun, quite a few of these books would never have been on my radar and one is a re-read that is special to me. Those who suggested books that I didn't include I have already read (and enjoyed!) them.

@Caffeine Fiend if this is the start of a new 13 book series that I am hooked on then my tbr will thank.you.very.much.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I’ve just started Agatha Christie’s The Murder of Roger Ackroyd and I can’t put it down. I’m going to pretend I want an early night so I can enjoy it in peace.

Ok, thank you for all the suggestions for my 12 by 12. I have my final list :

5. Propht Song by Paul Lynch (cill2019)
12. Absolution by Caro Ramsey (caffeinefiend)

I can't make it into a pretty template. But I promise to read one of these books every single month next year. Probably not in order as I feel like Happy New Year needs to cone first. Thus was fun, quite a few of these books would never have been on my radar and one is a re-read that is special to me. Those who suggested books that I didn't include I have already read (and enjoyed them!)

@Caffeine Fiend if this is the start of a new 13 book series that I am hooked on then my tbr will thank.you.very.much.
can’t wait to hear what you think of everyone’s picks 🥰 love this idea!

Reactions: 7
I second jar of hearts for J. M could be magnolia parks if you like romance series! the relationships are toxic but I really liked them 🤣
Oh I have magnolia in my tbr as well what an idiot I am 🤣 they’re on KU as well! I’ve not heard of Jar of Hearts will take a looks, thanks guys 😁

I was tempted by Magnolia Parks after seeing a comparison to Gossip Girl which I loooved.
that’s what made me read it too and I can defo see why it’s compared. it’s like an english gossip girl. it’s kind of my guilty pleasure because it does make me cringe a bit I can’t lie but I just loved it 🤣

• Heart
I finally finished Forth Wing today and then instantly had to purchase Iron flame. I really enjoyed this although I do think the time of year I read it has something to do with how much I enjoyed it.

I can understand why some people don't like it but it reminded me so much of reading Twilight/ Hunger Games/Divergent for the first time as a teen.

It was a bit like watching a bad action movie, the writing wasn't all that but I had a good time.
Really enjoyed both books but my god I started getting so annoyed everyone I read "are you alright?" in Iron Flame. It was like once a chapter!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Hello everyone!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I hope you all had a good one.

I have been so absent after the passing of my grandfather. It understandably took the wind out of my reading sails. I started many books in December but did not finish one, I have finished None of this is true today though!

Thought I would mention my top reads of 2023:
- A Woman is No Man by Etaf Rum
- The Leftover Woman by Jean Kwok
- Green Dot by Madeleine Gray

I am still trying to work out a reading goal for 2024 but I read 77 books in 2023 (after reading 6 in 2022!).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
@PiesAndLattes Sorry for your loss. ❤ I also lost a grandparent this year and it’s been tough. Your reading mojo will come back. I’ve found books great escapism and comfort.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.