Books #25 Reading Chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm an kind of anused by the turn this thread has taken. ๐Ÿ’ž

I am reading The It Girl by Ruth Ware. Only about one hundred pages from the end so should finish it this afternoon. I am enjoying it. I suspect there is a big twist coming at the end and if it is stupid I will be peeved.

No boyfriend material here.
I have this on my TBR!

I have also been influenced into buying Preloved ๐Ÿ™ˆ

Why do I recognise the author's name? This is her first novel but I feel like I know her name from elsewhere.
Me too! Does sound really good.

Her surname I just know from Johnny Bravo ๐Ÿ˜„

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I've finished the Claudia Winkleman book. It doesn't contain Strictly gossip as she's not allowed to talk about the contestants.
I'd score it a 4/5. It almost felt like I was reading Tattle and that she could join a few forums I'm on. ๐Ÿ˜
Started The Sunset Years of Agnes Sharp by Leonie Swan. Reminds me of the genre of Richard Osman books with a twist. I'm finding it more gripping than his books. This could have been another heavily recommended book possibly. I've been waiting a while for it from the library. ๐Ÿค”

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Waterstones is doing an extra 10% of it's sale for plus members if anyone needed another reason to buy a book this weekend;)

has anyone listened to the audio of normal people? I never reread books but Iโ€™m planning on rereading it (again) this year, wondered if the audio is any good

• Heart
Just finished How to Disappear ๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด 2 โญ at an absolute push. The characters were so unlikeable. The daughter was a brat, the mother was an idiot and the husband was an absolute head. Eugh infuriating. The ending saved it slightly but Iโ€™m glad itโ€™s over

Reactions: 4
After finishing The Goldfinch (798 pages) today, I'm starting The Mill on the Floss (993 pages). Determined to stick to my 2024 resolutions of reading long-ass books, at least until the end of January ๐Ÿ˜…

has anyone listened to the audio of normal people? I never reread books but Iโ€™m planning on rereading it (again) this year, wondered if the audio is any good
Is Paul Mescal narrating? ๐Ÿ˜

• Heart
Reactions: 10
After finishing The Goldfinch (798 pages) today, I'm starting The Mill on the Floss (993 pages). Determined to stick to my 2024 resolutions of reading long-ass books, at least until the end of January ๐Ÿ˜…

Is Paul Mescal narrating? ๐Ÿ˜
omg youโ€™re basically doing a lablonde reading challenge. one of my favourite books of all time into another one of my favourites ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป (i love george eliot muchly)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
omg youโ€™re basically doing a lablonde reading challenge. one of my favourite books of all time into another one of my favourites ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป (i love george eliot muchly)
Lol I knew someone here recommended it (when I read North and South, last year), but wasn't sure who! Always wanted to read George Eliot, I have high hopes ngl โค (though the length scares me a bit)

• Heart
Lol I knew someone here recommended it (when I read North and South, last year), but wasn't sure who! Always wanted to read George Eliot, I have high hopes ngl โค (though the length scares me a bit)
i probably also recommended north and south because i love that too ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ

eliot is a very dense descriptor, but i find her writing really involving and she writes great female characters. if you like tmotf definitely read middlemarch, itโ€™s a masterpiece.

• Heart
I caved and bought A Little Life on kindle! I'm 100 pages in and feel really compelled to read it, which doesn't normally happen to me when I first start a new book. I'm enjoying getting to know the characters and I'm picturing a cast of actors in my head as I read ๐Ÿ˜Š. I hope it crushes my soul ๐Ÿ˜†

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The Leonie Swan book I mentioned above is great! I do hope they dramatize it on TV soon as it's about time we had a detective series with a difference.
I think they're ex secret service agents, a bit like an aged James Bond where they don't call the Police but deal with it in their own way. I had to laugh at how they dealt with the burglar using stairlifts etc.
Anyway, here's the blurb
IMG_20240127_194524.jpg
IMG_20240127_194559.jpg

I caved and bought A Little Life on kindle! I'm 100 pages in and feel really compelled to read it, which doesn't normally happen to me when I first start a new book. I'm enjoying getting to know the characters and I'm picturing a cast of actors in my head as I read ๐Ÿ˜Š. I hope it crushes my soul ๐Ÿ˜†
It wonโ€™t just crush your soul, itโ€™ll destroy it into a million pieces. I loved it so much and was rereading it when I went to see the show last year. I couldnโ€™t even finish it the second time round because it wouldโ€™ve broken me.

In other news, I am reading the ridiculously trashy Credence and it is WILD!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.