Books #25 Reading Chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone read the Stuart MacBride books?
Any easy read and funny at times, I can read his books over and over when struggling to find something to read

Also a big fan of Dorothy Koomson. Her books are beautifully written
Love Stuart MacBride books, some of his standalone ones are a bit of a letdown but huge fan of the Logan McRae series. He hasn’t written for a while, hope he’s OK 😔 I think he’s quite a troubled soul.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Love Stuart MacBride books, some of his standalone ones are a bit of a letdown but huge fan of the Logan McRae series. He hasn’t written for a while, hope he’s OK 😔 I think he’s quite a troubled soul.
Oh do you think so? I know he came off twitter a while back which was a shame as he was really good at conversing with fans of his books etc.
The Logan series is my favourite one, wasn’t a massive fan of the Ash ones or the most recent

Reactions: 1
Loved all the Logan MacRae books really hope there will be more in the future

Reactions: 3
I'd hit a massive reading slump before remembering I still had to read ACOSF. What a redemption after ACOFAS!!
#TeamNesta

• Heart
Reactions: 7
currently reading clytemnestra by costanza casati and really liking it. i’m picky with my greek mythology retellings but she’s doing a really good job of putting an interesting slant on it (and telling it in a new way).

on a solid run of four and five star books for january so far which hopefully continues for the rest of the year!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just dropping in to say Paul Mescal is on Chicken Shop Dates.

He can pursue me for threesomes and chase me through a park if he likes.

As you were.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Just dropping in to say Paul Mescal is on Chicken Shop Dates.

He can pursue me for threesomes and chase me through a park if he likes.

As you were.
he is so 🥵🫠

he can “chase” me through parks as much as he wants though i am absolutely going to pretend to trip and let him catch me, thanks paul.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
he is so 🥵🫠

he can “chase” me through parks as much as he wants though i am absolutely going to pretend to trip and let him catch me, thanks paul.
I knowwww I was giggling and kicking my feet watching the interview. I love him 🥰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
If anyone didn’t see the Mescal appeal before chicken shop dates, surely they must now!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
@JSquared I’ve been to a few author events over the years and spoken with him a couple of times. He’s quite eccentric, a nice guy, but I do get the feeling he’s troubled deep down. I could be way off but it’s the vibe I get.
Hoping for more Logan McRae books soon, I’ve been disappointed with his standalone novels lately.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I'm an kind of anused by the turn this thread has taken. 💞

I am reading The It Girl by Ruth Ware. Only about one hundred pages from the end so should finish it this afternoon. I am enjoying it. I suspect there is a big twist coming at the end and if it is stupid I will be peeved.

No boyfriend material here.

Reactions: 4
I have also been influenced into buying Preloved 🙈

Why do I recognise the author's name? This is her first novel but I feel like I know her name from elsewhere.

Sorry for the delayed response! I hadn't, but I investigated after your post, and it was a pain to set it up (you need Adobe Digital Editions plus a free account, and then you need a computer and your kobo reader, tried it on a tablet and no joy, then it's like transferring files via a memory stick) but once I'd linked it once, I was able to log into my libby account straight from the ereader, and I can now borrow books directly on my ereader (like when I used to be able to buy books directly on my kindle). Don't know if they only have that arrangement with Libby/Overdrive, but it is extremely easy. It downloaded the books that I had on loan automatically.
Thank you so much for going to that effort!!
OK so I could definitely handle a one time set up if it's straightforward to download books after that. Definitely think it might be the way to go 🤗
---
And now I'm going to go and purchase Preloved as I'll feel left out if I don't 😅

• Haha
I have also been influenced into buying Preloved 🙈

Why do I recognise the author's name? This is her first novel but I feel like I know her name from elsewhere.
based on her bio, she’s quite a prolific journalist for a few magazines (mainly the ST style) so you may have seen her there. it’s quite a distinctive surname so i feel like i recognised it too.

i really hope everyone who has been #influenced enjoys it! i loved it a huge amount 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Totally here for the reading and Mescal chats😂

I was also influenced and bought Preloved. It's not even available on kindle here. The page that was posted about here was so beautifully written that I went and ordered it.

I just finished The Villa by Paula Hawkins. I'm not sure if I liked it or not. It was a quick, fun read, but also meh at the same time.
---
I need to pick up Adrian Neweys book - I’ve read a few F1 books in the last couple of years but for some reason not that one!
Newey's book is the only F1 book I've read. I wasn't expecting him to have as many anecdotes in it as he did. I'd thought it was going to be pretty dry and mostly about building a car 😂

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.