Books #24 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
November reads…

Stand outs were LOATP 🫶🏻 and How to Disappear. Also really enjoyed Just Another Missing Person.

Some were a bit of a slog though - Triptych, The List, Pretending.

22B81430-7D3E-4A98-88EE-6BF2955E5D17.jpeg

For December, I have my Z book to read and then it’s going to be all things festive 🎅🏼🔪🎄

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I still can't believe I've been in a slump since the end of summer :cry::cry: I'm still reading Iron Flame which I'm struggling with a lot (even though Fourth Wing is the best book I've read this year). Decided to listen to Thursday Murder Club so I can get through a book whilst doing other things and so far I'm enjoying it a lot. I also went to the library and picked up an Agatha Christie to get into the winter mood haha. Hopefully December will be a better reading month for me 🥰 I have the days between Christmas and New Years off with no plans so I hope to spend those days reading

• Heart
Reactions: 13
If you press the button at the top of the page "Books Threads" and then select "Watch" you'll get a notification whenever a new thread is made so you won't lose them again :)
this has blown my mind. i always watched the thread but i didnt know i could watch the tag to find the new threads! thank you!

Reactions: 6
I'm obsessed - personally I've never loved historical fiction about her as it often leans into the negative spin on her character (especially the Phillipa Gregory books!) I've not read the Alison Weir of her story, but Alison is sympathetic to Catherine and Jane in their respective books so it might be what you're after.

Nonfiction wise I devoured the Starkey and Antonia Fraser biographies of the Six Wives and also the Eric Ives bio of just Anne.
I read Alison Weir’s The Six Wives of Henry VIII earlier this year and would recommend @JLXRD. It definitely focuses more on Catherine of Aragon and Anne Boleyn than the other 4 but as the name suggests she covers all of their stories.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I read Alison Weir’s The Six Wives of Henry VIII earlier this year and would recommend @JLXRD. It definitely focuses more on Catherine of Aragon and Anne Boleyn than the other 4 but as the name suggests she covers all of their stories.
Thank you, I will add this to my list 😊

Apparently it’s stuff your earbuds day. I can’t listen to fiction audiobooks but for those that do you might be interested.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
IMG_20231130_112445_698.jpg

9 of my November reads! Managed to get through quite a bit of fantasy, and my second nonfiction of the year 😅 also started the festive fun.

Reactions: 12
My reading has picked up again October and November. The summer months werent great and September was abysmal.

Ive almost finished the first 2 of my festive reads. I have another 9 on my kindle / in physical book form so I better get a move on if I want to read them all before Christmas. I reckon I may need to keep some for next year. 🙊

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m still reading the new Terry Hayes and it has really taken an unexpected turn 75% into the novel it’s turned into World War Z. It’s like reading two completely different books and/or genres 🤯

I just saw that Waterstones novel of the year is In Memoriam by Alice Witt. Something I think we'd all agree with.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Also for crime fans, has anyone read any Belinda Bauer? I love love LOVE her books, best crime I've ever read.
This is annoying me as I could have SWORN I’d read a couple of hers. The cover of Exit is so familiar to me. But nope. Not on my Goodreads, not on my insta book highlight I used before that, not on my kindle, the storyline doesn’t ring a bell (although nothing new there!).

Anyway, Exit and Safe are of course now on my book wish list 😏

Which reminds me, has anyone else seen the offer from Amazon where if you create a new wish list, they credit you £5 off a £20 spend? Has to be used by 3rd Dec though.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I was going to read Carrie Soto is back next but it just feels like it should be a summer book so I’m really not wanting to start… might do Tender Is The Flesh instead.

Cannibalism evidently feels more festive 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I love this thread soo much. My number of books for 2023 has been dismal, only 14.
I’ve decided I’m going to do the alphabet challenge in 2024 so I’m getting hyped for that. I think I need goals to aim for and doing this will really help.
Those that have done it.. did you enjoy it?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I love this thread soo much. My number of books for 2023 has been dismal, only 14.
I’ve decided I’m going to do the alphabet challenge in 2024 so I’m getting hyped for that. I think I need goals to aim for and doing this will really help.
My brain just forgot about it, not going to lie. I think I was the first person to talk about it here too which makes it even worse 🤣

However according to my notes app the last time I updated my list was July. 😂

I still have I / N / Q / W / X and Z to do but I can tick I and W soon.

So if anyone knows of any Festive / Christmas books which start with N Q X or Z then hit me up

Reactions: 2
I still can't believe I've been in a slump since the end of summer :cry::cry: I'm still reading Iron Flame which I'm struggling with a lot (even though Fourth Wing is the best book I've read this year). Decided to listen to Thursday Murder Club so I can get through a book whilst doing other things and so far I'm enjoying it a lot. I also went to the library and picked up an Agatha Christie to get into the winter mood haha. Hopefully December will be a better reading month for me 🥰 I have the days between Christmas and New Years off with no plans so I hope to spend those days reading
I'm feeling the same about iron flame. I'm half way through it and it's taken me a while, not sure why!

Reactions: 1
I read the entire dci kett series and these two below in November. I’ve never read so many books in a month before 😂

not a fan of Christmas - working in retail/hospitality has killed it for me - so I’ll carry on with my murder books 😂

IMG_2200.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I do the Storygraph A-Z challenge every year but don't think about it in detail. I just add books as I go along and then look in Q4 what I have left. I only have 3 left to complete so going to focus in December and get it done.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.