Books #24 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Only 2 books from my TBR that I got this month on the deals.

the love of my life
Almond

If anyone hasnt read ‘you be mother’ by Meg mason, its in the monthly deals I would highly recommend

Reactions: 4
Ignoring the kindle deals? NEVER!

Got Poirot Christmas for a festive murder. Pleasantly surprised to see Divine Rivals at 99p, usually those hyped books don't go into the deals.

November summary:

Books read: 24
Monthly theme: Goodreads Award nominees!
Favourite book: I have some questions for you
Least favourite: Red Rising
Pleasantly surprised: All the Dangerous Things
Bit disappointed: Happy Place

What I learned in November: I really, really don't like books about war games. Most of the kindle books I own now are thrillers or romance fantasy and I really need to read some more in the literary and historical fiction categories.

Reactions: 7
6 books for me in November. Daisy May Cooper and Britney were audio books.

I DNF The Shining Girls by Lauren Beukes. I just couldn't get into it, maybe this is one where the TV adaptation is better?

Every book referred to, or contained something, about lockdown! But my favourite was The last one at the party.

Attachments

Reactions: 10
I’ve not got time to go through them this morning but have just seen the story edit on insta has posted them, so I’ll have a browse with a cuppa later on 🥰

I’m feeling all Christmassy this morning so I expect there’ll be a few Christmas ones going on, even if they’re for future years.
Oh no. Just looked. Many many I fancy. Crapola.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’ve got my eye on a couple but trying to be good!

I rarely find any of my Wishlist books on deals so I’m thinking of a 2024 book resolution where instead of splashing out on lots of 99p deals for the sake of it every month, I treat myself to one of my higher priced Wishlist books. In some cases it would probably work out cheaper anyway! 😂

Reactions: 9
anyone else's Amazon started displaying like this on a laptop.. it looks awful and makes it so hard to scroll down the lists for monthly deals

View attachment 2602974
Yes! I hate it. It does it for the daily deals too and often doesn't update. Now I google kindle daily deals which are displayed in the old format and update daily. Might work for monthly deals too

I’ve got my eye on a couple but trying to be good!

I rarely find any of my Wishlist books on deals so I’m thinking of a 2024 book resolution where instead of splashing out on lots of 99p deals for the sake of it every month, I treat myself to one of my higher priced Wishlist books. In some cases it would probably work out cheaper anyway! 😂
I could probably do with following suit! I've started opening new tabs for potential 99p deals, and I let myself think about them before buying.

Reactions: 3
I got the litjoy advent calendar and every day is a different tiny book decoration to hang on the tree - the books even have end papers and the pages have the words and pictures printed. I am OBSESSED and I can decorate my tree with them every year still, they even come in a little book case that you can keep to store them.

December 1st was Christmas carol 🎄

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I got Three Dahlias and Intercepts from my wish list. I haven’t looked at the rest of the deals yet as I’m meant to be saving money. 😰

Reactions: 1
Can I just say, in my defence, I receive Amazon gift cards every year and they fund my 99p purchases for the year 🙈 (Girl math makes these free).

I still had £20 and seeing as though it’s coming up to Christmas again, I’d thought I’d better use it up before this Christmas comes and I get more…

9FF3B280-25E6-4D9A-B8E4-197CCD654D35.jpeg
IMG_8712.jpeg

PS. I don’t know why I’m justifying this to you lot, I’ll know you’ll support me with my addiction.

PPS. I still have £8 left 👀

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
My husband asked what I wanted from his family members for Xmas. Apparently I can't have Amazon gift cards from *all* of them although I don't understand why not.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Managed 5 books in November. Hoping that this month it might get higher with the Christmas reads and having time off over Christmas.

My favourite in November was Her majesty's Royal coven by Juno Dawson as and my least favourite was Window Shopping by Tessa Bailey.

Lost the thread for a while while I was in a bit of a reading slump 😞

However I only have another 7 working days until I’ve finished for Christmas so hoping to pick up a lot of books during my 3 weeks off!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The entire series?! 👏🏻 that’s very impressive, he’s up to about 14 now isn’t he?
---

I enjoyed the A-Z challenge this year. I’ve just started Z and will start X tomorrow as they’re kindle/book format so can read both alongside each other. I’ve added all my pictures to a template and it’s looks so satisfying, I’ll post it when I’ve actually finished the reading.
Yeah, I just started book 14 which came out yesterday. I’ve not done much else all month tbf I’ve been obsessed with these books 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Use the library. You can still get new books...
I use our local library all the time. I request books and pay less than £1 when I get them. Most books I want I can get but sometimes have to wait a little bit longer. As ours is a county library I can use any library within the county and sometimes the book I want may be in another library a couple of miles away so I can go there to get books. It's a really good service which means I don't need to spend a lot of money. I also use local charity shops as well.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.