Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Icbaaaa

VIP Member
you could try One Dark Window, I really enjoyed that book and the characters are great. A Court of Thorns and Roses got me back into reading fantasy last year and now I can’t get enough of it!
Thank you so much!
I actually quite fancy ACOTAR but worried due to the size of the books/how many there are.
Everyone always raves about it!

• Heart
Reactions: 2

JLXRD

VIP Member
Haha I was on a book buying ban and went out and bought it!
I have, I saw the film first and sadly I prefer it to the book!
I also saw the film first (at like 12 yrs old - my mum rented it for me as she thought it looked like a teen film I might like. lol definitely was not suitable but we move) and I don’t know if I love the film so much it made me like the book, but I think I agree it’s better but I also just think it perfectly captures the atmosphere described in the book.

The Lisbon girls were quite literally my teen obsession though so idk if it’s just nostalgia that makes me love it still.

strawb

VIP Member
Treated myself to some new books today!

• the locked door - freida mcfadden
• never lie - freida mcfadden
• flawless - elsie silver
• never never - colleen hoover
• too late - colleen hoover

Excited for them all!
never lie is the best freida book!

• Heart

lilamay

VIP Member
I'm reading 84 Charing Cross Road and it's delightful. Been on my TBR for years, so glad I picked it up.
Oh lovely little book, that. So charming. Does your edition have the next book in it too, The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street? I think I liked that even more!

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Ooh this is so exciting!!! I preordered on Amazon but it doesn’t have a delivery date yet! I might cancel for Waterstones instead 🤔 I loved Divine Rivals, can’t wait to read the second book!
If you order by 1pm today and select 1st class post it may arrive pre xmas.

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
I am currently reading Cara Hunter - Murder In The Family. Has anyone else read this ?

I am enjoying it so far and I like the difference in how the story is presented to the reader.
I was watching a TV programme tonight that I taped a while ago with this title 🤔

nbt

VIP Member
Also tempted by Demon Copperhead but it looks a bit intimidating and overwhelming 😮💨

CommentBelow

Yet again I have spent another year in hospital. I can read a 350ish page book in a day. I just finished a book that was 323 pages long in a day, I read 120 pages this morning, 100 over lunch, 50 ish late afternoon and then the rest just now. The Kindle usually says it will take 6hrs or so to read a regularly sized novel. There's nothing to do so you (I) just stay in bed, oh poor thing. (Anyone who gets that song lyric without a prize gets a medal!) I honestly don't have much else but to read, read, read

I am on 297 books I'd like to round it up to 300 but not sure I have any decent quick reads to fit in..
PULP!
Had a few guesses to myself and discounted them.. the streets..nah.. corner shop..nope.. arctic monkeys.. then it appeared in my head!

Has anyone read Jarvis’ book?
---
Ive got £70 in Waterstones reward point things. So I am hopeful there is a hard back sale. I know generally that they are still more expensive than amazon/WH Smith but its free money isnt it.

Also I did get some bargains last year although remember the debacle with We Need To Remove This Post. Went on a 99p deal 2 days after I bought it. I got the hardback of Every Morning....... for under a fiver in the sale last year and it really is the loveliest little book. The illustrations are stunning.
I’ve prepped a ‘Sale’ wish list in anticipation! Too keen? Probably.. I’ve also saved my rewards for the sale!

ToolaRoola

VIP Member
Also new here 👋🏻
I've read the Virgin Suicides, Penance and Notes on an Execution this year- the latter two being brilliant! I really enjoyed Boy Parts too, I wish I could have seen the play! Penance is very different to BP!
I saw the play. It was good but the actress was pregnant which didn't fit with my picture of drug taking, drinking, disorderd eating Irina! (She was good though, but you know, the images did match)

tay65

Chatty Member
I’ve finished Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover this afternoon - really enjoyed this one. Now onto The Lying Game by Ruth Ware.

Really enjoying the Christmas break as I’m reading again. I’m finally out of the slump!
Read The Lying Game some time ago. Thought it was ok (score 3) but not remarkable.

make-mine-whiskey

VIP Member
I just finished wreck the halls by Tessa Bailey. Not sure if I like tessas writing. I didn't mind it happened one summer but this was pretty bad. Maybe I'm just not a romance smut reader 😂
I have this and I’ve seen so many negative reviews I think I might give it a miss 😂

Hannahebee

VIP Member
Just a random question but does anyone else enjoy reading the British Library Crime Classics as I am currently reading a Surprise for Christmas and other seasonal mysteries and I have to say they are very nice cosy reads that you can just dip in and out of.

chickhicks86

VIP Member
I was looking into this - there are some other ereaders (Kobo and Onyx are the two I've come across) that use Android and can access Libby. My friend has one but I need to get her to remind me which. I do most of my reading thru the library and I find it really distracting being on my phone when I'm reading ebooks, would love a dedicated device.
I have an Onyx Boox Note, I love it so much! I have the Libby and Kindles apps on there so I can use them both. It's really tiny, smaller than a paperback, but it's still a good size to read on.

daisynoon

Chatty Member
Mostly pre-orders with spredges!
The Beholders, Voyage of the Damned, The Warm Hands of Ghosts, City of Stardust. A couple of paperback pre-orders inc. the Covenant of Water and Count of Monte Cristo.. plus a bookmark!

Did you order anything?
Ahh, I also got The Warm Hands of Ghosts and City of Stardust! Waterstones have really stepped up the spredge game, these look beautiful.