Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Still patiently waiting for you to read it I need to know your thoughts 😂 it may feel less daunting on Kindle as when the hardback arrived I was like woaaaah
I just havent felt like reading it 😭 which in a shitty reading year is quite shocking 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2

ToolaRoola

VIP Member
For anyone who’s been wanting to give Demon Copperhead a read it’s a Kindle Daily Deal today. £1.19 rather than 99p but still a bargain! 😂
I'm tempted by this but not sure if I should buy this or wait to my next Audible credit and listen to it.

ETA: It's 21 hours long. I can't cope with that so book it is!

Tofino

VIP Member
Yes my eldest doesnt read at all now much to my sadness. Secondary school and too much going on in the phone 😤

My youngest is starting to branch out into chapter books they can read themselves and I read the trickier ones to them at night. I will miss it when they dont want me to do it anymore.
---

Haha I remember those days. Monkey Puzzle is my favourite JD book 😍
my favourite is snail and the whale but the request is always the smartest giant book (my least favourite!!) every.god.damn.time 🤣

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Interesting, just had a look. Has anyone read the one that won in historical fiction - Weyward?

I haven't read happy place but really hated book lovers by her so nor rushing in to read her other ones 😅
I hated book lovers too!! Was such a slog.

twilightgarden

VIP Member
I have an ARC of the new Sarah Goodwin book, The Yacht. I’ve not read much yet. It’s ok so far but seems to be similar to so many other books. Has anyone else read it?

chickhicks86

VIP Member
oh no! Have you checked on Vinted? Lots of books on there for £1, might be better to just cut your losses and then sell it again afterwards!
---
I've just looked and it's 99p on Kindle! 💪 I'm going to keep the hold though, just to see what happens!

cherrymoon

Chatty Member
I, too, forgot about the a-z challenge. I’ve just gone through this years read books and I’ve managed to fill up all but N, Q, X, Y and Z.

daisynoon

Chatty Member
Do you buy books as gifts for people? I’ve seen one I’m sure my friend would enjoy but wondering what the chances are she has read it! She doesn’t have Goodreads so I can’t check her history which is a bloody pain in the backside 😅

Can you return books with Amazon? Or get a gift receipt with Waterstones? I don’t know whether retailers accept book returns/exchanges given there is a chance someone could have had a sneaky read if they don’t bend the spine.
Waterstones accepts returns if it's in "pristine" condition and I've given my dad a gift receipt from there before and he returned with no issues

I usually try and sneakily probe if someone's got or read a book by dropping it into the conversation but obviously it risks the person being interested and buying it themselves 😅

twilightgarden

VIP Member
@Caffeine Fiend So sorry to hear this, take care of yourself. ❤
This might not be for everyone, but after a bereavement a friend gave me All That Remains by Sue Black, a forensic anthropologist. I found it helpful.

• Heart

Thatgirl22

VIP Member
OMG OMG OMG, I pre ordered the Waterstones special edition of Ruthless Vows and just got an email to say it's been shipped and will be here tomorrow even though it's release date is the 26/12! Merry Christmas to me lol
Ooh this is so exciting!!! I preordered on Amazon but it doesn’t have a delivery date yet! I might cancel for Waterstones instead 🤔 I loved Divine Rivals, can’t wait to read the second book!

• Heart

cill2019

VIP Member
i love love love house in the cerulean sea 💙💙 - so excited for the sequel (i think in september?)

i fell in love with chauncey and his bellhop dreams 😭
Oh he is adorable and Talia is hilarious but my heart lies with Lucy ❤❤❤

I started Under the Whispering Door but I didn’t finish it. Didn’t grab me at all
But I cannot wait for the sequel 😍

• Heart

Thatgirl22

VIP Member
@SaintLeo completely agree, I like a nice tie up ending especially when it’s something like that but it was definitely an excellent book nonetheless! 😄

LydiaDeetzHat

VIP Member
Another 13 books for the month, including some longer ones.

Favs were Fourth Wing, Iron Flame & Good Material

Least favourite was Alone With You In The Ether.
I am not even managing to see thekindle monthly lists.. wonder why it is not displaying for me on my laptop no matter how i try and locate it

twilightgarden

VIP Member
Speaking of what to read next, my Bert’s Books Secret Santa arrived today. It’s beautifully wrapped so part of me wants to leave it under the tree till the big day, but I’m also really intrigued to see what it is!
I was too impatient and opened mine 🙊

• Haha

tay65

Chatty Member
I’d always recommend The Skylight by Louise Candlish as it’s the one that’s stuck with me
I love Louise Candlish books and am waiting for two to come into my local library, The Only Suspect and The Heights. I hadn't noticed the book The Skylight but I'll add this to my list as well as I can see the library has this book in circulation at other library branches nearby. Having looked at a précis of the story it sounds like my kind of book.

• Heart

JLXRD

VIP Member
Also new here 👋🏻
I've read the Virgin Suicides, Penance and Notes on an Execution this year- the latter two being brilliant! I really enjoyed Boy Parts too, I wish I could have seen the play! Penance is very different to BP!
Yeah from what I’ve heard of Penance it seemed totally different to Boy Parts but I like when authors branch out, a bit like R F Kuang doing Yellowface (which I didn’t feel was as good as the hype made out sadly but was v different to her other books).

My only issue with penance is I wanted to read it so badly I broke my rule about buying hardbacks 🥲

have you seen the virgin suicides film?