Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I’m still reading the new Terry Hayes and it has really taken an unexpected turn 75% into the novel it’s turned into World War Z. It’s like reading two completely different books and/or genres 🤯
You might have finished it by now, I just finished it yesterday (and was at the same point as you when you posted, so didn't read the spoiler), I think I did a big sigh because it already felt like a slog at that point tbh and thought I couldn't be arsed anymore. It worked out ok though and got back on track!

Reactions: 2

dinosaursideways

This is annoying me as I could have SWORN I’d read a couple of hers. The cover of Exit is so familiar to me. But nope. Not on my Goodreads, not on my insta book highlight I used before that, not on my kindle, the storyline doesn’t ring a bell (although nothing new there!).

Anyway, Exit and Safe are of course now on my book wish list 😏

Which reminds me, has anyone else seen the offer from Amazon where if you create a new wish list, they credit you £5 off a £20 spend? Has to be used by 3rd Dec though.
I really enjoyed the audiobook of Exit, too, thought it was a great adaptation! I've got Snap from the library in my hand luggage at the moment, I'm optimistic it will return to the UK read 🤣

This new wishlist thing sounds great shall have to be tactical about what I use it for...£5 off £20 is less good when you accidentally spend £40 🤣
---
I devoured Snap. One of my best books this year. I have Exit and Rubber Necker on my tbr.
Omg that's great to hear, I have Snap to read now (duplicate reply lol, reading the thread in reverse whoops). I preferred Exit to Rubber Necker but both were great, the Shut Eye too but that one hurrrrt. I love how emotionally complex her crime writing is. I think it's something I find in Mick Herron's writing too, on the spy genre side of things.

Last edited:

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I really want them, they look so beautiful! I could pretend I’m getting them for my son but he’s only 4, so would be a long wait before he’s allowed to even touch them 😆
The illustrated versions by Jim Kay are beautiful too and less delicate. My eldest has those but hes stepped down now and the full collection hasnt been released :(

Millennial Pink

VIP Member
Oh lovely little book, that. So charming. Does your edition have the next book in it too, The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street? I think I liked that even more!
Yes! I bought it more or less by accident so that will be a bonus when I get to it. Glad to hear you liked it so much!

• Heart

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
I’ve asked for this and Iron Flame too and I’m the same as you.

I also want to start reading the Strike books. I have the first on my kindle and have bought the 6th today from a charity shop. It’s hefty!

I know a few of you have read them. Do they need to be read in order?
I read them totally out of order. You can watch it on catch up TV too - think BBC iPlayer but the books are miles better.

StrawberryBanana90

Chatty Member
I’ve just finished The Cat who Caught a Killer and it was a strange one 😂 I don’t mind magical realism in Japanese fiction but this being set in the UK threw me 😂 so I had to imagine Conrad the cat as a human detective in the end as a talking cat felt weird in this setting. Was overall a nice easy read though

Gem_woody

Chatty Member
I treated myself to two Secret Santa's from Bert's Books, I am so nosy and want to know what they are. But equally I like a Christmas Day surprise.

I can't imagine the patience it took to wrap all the gifts and make them look so pretty.

View attachment 2631846
---
They are wrapped with no Sellotape as well. So clever.
I want one too 😂. Is it too late to purchase one now?I'm looking on the website and can't find anything secret santa

Thatgirl22

VIP Member
I had to listen to the ending 3 times and I'm still not sure I get it 🤣
me too, I think that might be the point? The narrators were fab, especially Josie as she sounds so weird 😂 I’m really not sure what happened at the end 🤷🏻‍♀️

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Karen Class is one of the best audiobook narrator’s I’ve come across, I always love when I see she’s going to be narrating a book.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Theyre so expensive though and for what?! I have obliged for the stocking though 🫠

Audible Black Friday 2.99 sale. Its fun going through and trying to determine if Ive bought them on kindle or not as they look super familiar.

JLXRD

VIP Member
I reeeeallly want to read Penance but I’ve picked up a vile cold and all I can do is lie and watch tv 🫠

Re Emily Henry… I’ve not read any of her books, I’m not normally a romance girly. Are they more .. contemporary or are they very cutesy? I’d like to give them a try but I’m just not sure.

For reference i read The Flat Share and that’s too cutesy for me, is it that kind of vibe or more TJR type of fiction where it’s a good story with romance in there?

slugella

VIP Member
The Winners is on a £1.99 audible cyber Monday offer.

Ive bought this book in hard back and kindle. Still havent read it. Do I buy the audio 😂 in the hope it spurs me on?
Still patiently waiting for you to read it I need to know your thoughts 😂 it may feel less daunting on Kindle as when the hardback arrived I was like woaaaah