Books #24 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
the J thing was my main gripe too! i wish an editor had told her to rename jules at least - having a jules a jude and a jonah was so confusing 🤣
Not forgetting Jelly the cat!

I don't understand why the editor didn't change it either... Jules and Jude are especially similar. I'm usually fine with names but this really did stick out with this book.

Reactions: 3
Not forgetting Jelly the cat!

I don't understand why the editor didn't change it either... Jules and Jude are especially similar. I'm usually fine with names but this really did stick out with this book.
Yes. All the j names. I had to flick back pages to understand who she was hooking up with a one point. Also didn't expect hook-ups in a book about hospice care 😂

I'm reading Part of Your World right now which was also mentioned recently by someone on this thread. I really like it so far.

Guys!!!! I think, THINK, I’m out of my book slump! 80% through TTC and urgh I love it, I love sweet baby Elm and I haven’t been this excited about a book im glad I ditched the festive reads now

• Heart
Reactions: 13
From what I have seen she hasn't even started the first draft yet. So I think we have at least a year to wait 😭
Gutted! We got IF so quickly, lulled us into a false sense of security 😭🤣
---
Guys I just hit my 2023 Goodreads reading goal of 75 books 🥂🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm also finally getting out of my slump! I started reading Love, Theoretically and I'm so entertained 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Reading ACOTAR. Felt it was a bit slow at first but about halfway through now and starting to get into it. Just have a lot of other stuff to do plus Xmas parties etc so reading is taking a hit unfortunately!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I am reading a book (The People Before by Charlotte Northedge) with such a pleasing font. The font really makes a difference to how quickly I read a book. Am I a weirdo? 😂

1000016752.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm reading Part of Your World right now which was also mentioned recently by someone on this thread. I really like it so far.
I read this recently and loved it! I couldn't get into any book for ages then this one came along and got me out of my slump.

Reactions: 4
I finished two twisted crowns. I am not okay 😭 infinity stars I loved it, I loved this Shepard King duo logy ♾️⭐

• Heart
Just cried my way through a Jack Sheffield book - oh the nostalgia! 😁
Now on to a Graham Norton Memoir....

I just finished 'I'm Glad My Mom Died', and wow. Very hard to get through at times, but also really powerful.

Badly need a lighter option so I'm back to my festive read where the love interest, and I kid you not, is called Josh Tannenbaum. Briefly, I thought (hoped?) it was an alias.

Apparently not.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I'm reading 84 Charing Cross Road and it's delightful. Been on my TBR for years, so glad I picked it up.

• Heart
Currently listening to the audiobook of None of This is True by Lisa Jewell and I am gripped! I've spent my workdays counting down to listening on the bus home 😀

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm reading 84 Charing Cross Road and it's delightful. Been on my TBR for years, so glad I picked it up.
Oh lovely little book, that. So charming. Does your edition have the next book in it too, The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street? I think I liked that even more!

Reactions: 2
Oh lovely little book, that. So charming. Does your edition have the next book in it too, The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street? I think I liked that even more!
Yes! I bought it more or less by accident so that will be a bonus when I get to it. Glad to hear you liked it so much!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Currently listening to the audiobook of None of This is True by Lisa Jewell and I am gripped! I've spent my workdays counting down to listening on the bus home 😀
I really liked this! But I still don’t get it 🤔 😂😂
Her books make such good audiobooks too.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.