Books #24 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love a morally grey Male character, give me all the posessive jealous type guys. Really Digging the boyf’s daddy thing atm as well 🥴

i used to love the bared to you series by sylvia day, and recently finished birthday girl by penelope douglas and onto credence now.
Have you read From Blood and Ash? Or The Bargainer series?

Reactions: 2
Love a morally grey Male character, give me all the posessive jealous type guys. Really Digging the boyf’s daddy thing atm as well 🥴

i used to love the bared to you series by sylvia day, and recently finished birthday girl by penelope douglas and onto credence now.
Wellllll Credence is a wild ride. Totally different to Birthday Girl. Let me look through my read list and see what I can come up with.

Alex from Twisted Love or Christian from Twisted Lies. Maybe.

Reactions: 3
I’ve read The Hike and enjoyed it, gave it 4 stars. It was an easy read, very short chapters. It kept my interest. I don’t want to say much more incase i spoil it!
I'm planning to read that next as it's the newest and may be in demand by other borrowers.

Have you read From Blood and Ash? Or The Bargainer series?
yeh i read those last year but i found blood and ash too tame after all the graphic stuff I read before it 🤣 havent read the bargainer series so will definitely add that to tbr

@Caffeine Fiend- yes heard some interesting stuff about credence, listening to it on Audiobook so hopefully it makes the ride wilder 🤣

yes SJ Tilly is on my list already (along with sadie kincaid chigaco ruthless series) 😃 it was my next tbr after Credence

Reactions: 1
I have thought about credence but not read it yet, might have to give it a go!

finished it: devastating, funny in places, completely unforgiving and yet really compassionate at the same time. the author volunteers in a hospice and you can absolutely tell.

i like to take photos of paragraphs from books and save them to my phone in my “writing that destroyed me this year” album so i’ll share the one from this book with you all:

View attachment 2607821

now to read a fluffy romance because god 😭😭
I have this on my tbr and honestly I don't think I can do it, I find terminal illness too hard to read about. All the reviews I've seen have made it seem a brilliant book, though.

I just finished Part of Your World by Abby Jimenez and loved it. Got me out of my slump, all of the characters were well done, it was just so readable.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have this on my tbr and honestly I don't think I can do it, I find terminal illness too hard to read about. All the reviews I've seen have made it seem a brilliant book, though.

I just finished Part of Your World by Abby Jimenez and loved it. Got me out of my slump, all of the characters were well done, it was just so readable.
i thought part of your world was very sweet! (however the second abby jimenez i read was NOT) - it had one of the most likeable male leads i’ve read in a romance this year, he was lovely. i have forgotten his name but he was 🔥

• Heart
Just started The Christmas Murder Game - trying to get into the Christmas spirit

Reactions: 8
I’m probably going to be late to the party with reading the picked novel. I want to try and read a couple of others first and then I will come back to this over Xmas

Reactions: 3
i thought part of your world was very sweet! (however the second abby jimenez i read was NOT) - it had one of the most likeable male leads i’ve read in a romance this year, he was lovely. i have forgotten his name but he was 🔥
I did see a lottt of reviews said Part of Your World was by far her best, so it's put me off reading the others as it's tough when you start with an author's best and go into their other works with high expectations!

It also just took me too long to remember his name considering I JUST finished it :oops: - Daniel!

• Heart
I finally got my audiobook subscription (Nextory) renewed and I've been listening to Murder on the Christmas Express (please read trigger warnings for this one) and Love and Other Words (LOVE this so far). Feels like audiobooks might be just the thing to get me out of my slump.

Still slowly making my way through Iron Flame as well but I keep getting distracted and forgetting who is who

Reactions: 7
After a great November, December has started off poorly 😂
I have a library book I’ve been waiting ages for but I don’t have the motivation to actually pick it up - the kamogawa food detectives

• Heart
Reactions: 6
tomorrow i'm going on a trip to sweden and these are my reading plans, i completely neglected it recently because of work:
- finish local woman missing by mary kubica
- start don't let her stay by nicola sanders
- read the gift by freida mcfadden
- finish the re-read of the 4th harry potter
looking forward to cozy snowy nights reading 📚❄☃🎄📖
i came back yesterday and i finished everything other than 'don't let her stay' but only have 20 mins of reading left 🤭 really enjoying it!

I've read 2 of my 6 festive books and now onto my 3rd! I want to finish them before Christmas as I'm of work between Christmas and New Year so thought that was the perfect time to start ToG hehehe

Reactions: 9
After a great November, December has started off poorly 😂
I have a library book I’ve been waiting ages for but I don’t have the motivation to actually pick it up - the kamogawa food detectives
I read this and enjoyed it, I thought it was something different to what I would normally read and all the food talk made me hungry 🤪

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Just finished The French Gardener book. It was so heartwarming and heartbreaking. I would advise anyone reading it to read the end of the book on your own otherwise you'll embarrass yourself in front of people - the "oh God she's off again" comments 🙄🙄.
As I was reading the end a sob broke out and tears were pouring down my face (don't wear make-up). I feel a bit sobby now just thinking about it. What a lovely story. 🥰
Anyway, pulling myself together, on to Shirley Williams autobiography 😀

I’m just over halfway through The Midnight Library by Matt Haig and honestly I’m so bored.. what’s everyone’s thoughts on it?
As someone who went through similar experiences to the MC, I expected to love it but tbh found it far too painful to read. I think if you're the kind of person who can relate to that content then it's probably not something you want to read about and if you aren't then it's just dull!

For anyone like me who hasn’t read this yet, Claire Keegan’s Small Things Like These is a 99p Kindle offer today. Seen so many people leaving about ti on these threads so looking forward to finally getting to it. Added bonus of being a very short one for anyone trying to hit a target before the end of the year!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.