Books! #2 What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I’m going to go for one of the light hearted easier reads as currently my life is full of thriller type books, Line of Duty, Unforgotten and Marcella... so all a bit murdery really 😂 could do with a bit more balance!
So could I ! Was walking the dog today, he disappeared into the bushes and started barking and I thought “oh my god, he’s found a body!”.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Definitely! I’ve fallen asleep with my kindle still in my hand no end of times, because I’ve told myself I can get through a 5/6 minute chapter and ended up falling asleep a couple of mins in 😂😴

View attachment 526946

This is (part of) my TBR list. I have waaaay more but I’ve cropped because I do actually HAVE these books and cannot possibly download anymore right now!

What should I read next?
i heart New York 200000000000% 🥰🥰🥰
Im not a big fan of shari low, and Beth O’Leary is ok, but I’ve read better. I haven’t given any of her books more than 3 stars 😕

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hi everyone,
I LIVE for this thread 🥰. Book people are my kind of people. I’ve finished two books both recommended by you lovely lot. First up was ‘The Arrangement’. I really liked the premise - find the sugar baby/daddy lifestyle horrifyingly interesting but I do wish they’d gone down a less obvious plot path. Engaging to read despite this! I’ve also just finished The Last Night by Mhairi Macfarlane. Her debut novel was one of the best books I’ve ever read but her other novels have got progressively worse - this felt like a return to form and I really enjoyed it!
Next up is the Sanatorium. Hyped up books make me nervous .... let’s see what all the fuss is about!
Happy reading everyone ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The Last Night by Mhairi Macfarlane. Her debut novel was one of the best books I’ve ever read but her other novels have got progressively worse - this felt like a return to form and I really enjoyed it!
Next up is the Sanatorium. Hyped up books make me nervous .... let’s see what all the fuss is about!
Happy reading everyone ❤
couldn't agree more about Last Night, much better than her last (which in fairness I did enjoy bar the ending) and I really recommend it again!
the sanatorium I didn’t love, it’s readable, but nothing special. At least I didn’t find it lived up to my expectations, others might love it!

Catherine Ryan Howard's The Nothing Man is 99p on kindle today.

This is a brilliant book for anyone who likes a thriller

Reactions: 5
Any audiobook fans here?

I'm looking for something good to spend my audible credit on, I'm stumped. I like most stuff but I'm looking for a book that works better as an audio book, I recently ear read the autobiographies of Trevor Noah and Eddie Izzard and they were so much better than the printed version

Any audiobook fans here?

I'm looking for something good to spend my audible credit on, I'm stumped. I like most stuff but I'm looking for a book that works better as an audio book, I recently ear read the autobiographies of Trevor Noah and Eddie Izzard and they were so much better than the printed version
I loved “this is going to hurt” by Adam Kay as an audiobook. He narrates it himself which I much prefer. Such a great book.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Any audiobook fans here?

Becoming by Michelle Obama is one of the best audiobooks I've ever read.

• Heart
I have such a weakness now for the Asda 2 for £8 deal so I have to stop by each time I’m in 😂

Today’s purchases were ‘normal people’ & ‘Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine’ - I’m so basic I know 🤪

Currently halfway through the ‘midnight library’ and I don’t really know what I think of it so far to be honest. Hope as I get further through it I’m more gripped though.

I have such a weakness now for the Asda 2 for £8 deal so I have to stop by each time I’m in 😂

Today’s purchases were ‘normal people’ & ‘Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine’ - I’m so basic I know 🤪

Currently halfway through the ‘midnight library’ and I don’t really know what I think of it so far to be honest. Hope as I get further through it I’m more gripped though.
Same. I'm on chapter 11. Not gripped, hope it gets more interesting

I loved Eleanor Oliphant, great book. I was apprehensive because there was so much hype around it but am so glad that I bought it. Enjoy ❤

• Heart
I finished If I can’t Have You last night and balled my eyes out 😭 I’m a sensitive soul 😬 it was gone 11 but I had to put the tv back on I couldn’t get back to sleep...books need trigger warnings for people like me! I‘m going to start People Like Her now...it’s not going to make me cry is it?!

I absolutely loved Eleanor Oliphant! I think I ended up reading it in less than 24 hours as I just fell in love with it.

Normal People is one of the only books I’ve ever given up on. I think I got about 40% of the way and just didn’t care enough to read on. I found it dull as dishwater! Hopefully you find it a much better read than I did - it’s got so many great reviews that I may have just been an anomaly!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.